• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have Heroes of Shadows

SFurtwangler

First Post
If you have the time, I'd be curious to hear any details about the Dusk Oracle PP - especially what the features look like.

Edit: Also, this is my first post at en-world, and I tried to give XP to OP, but I don't know why it put a weird smiley face instead of a green dot like everyone else has in their comments. If I did something wrong, can someone give me a head's up. :)

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
I suspect taht if the Class Compendium for the Warlock ever gets done, it will be errata'ed so it's Cha prime for everything.
They could also follow the example of the Sorcerer-Pact Warlock and allow Cha & Con to be used interchangably.

To be honest, after seeing Themes, which simply always allow you to use your highest ability score for attack and damage, what exactly is the point of limiting class powers to only one ability score?

Is it only to prevent effective multiclassing? Or is it purely for flavour reasons?

Since Essentials introduced stuff like multiple power sources for builds and different roles for builds of the same class and in addition you can choose themes of any power source or role is there any good reason left why it would powers should be restricted in such a way?

MrMyth

First Post
I am also quite confused why they reprinted the executioner in the book instead of a new build or something. I thought the executioner was supposed to be DDI, not a playtest until they released it into the book? Or again, is this me just needing the crazy bucket?

I get the sense that they did not originally plan to have the Executioner in the book. When they shifted it to a hardcover and decided to add more content, they grabbed the Executioner and dropped it in there.

Which kinda sucks for DDI subscribers if it is just repeated content, and sucks even more if they did update it, and the December Executioner ("the actual final version") turns out to still not have been complete.

gyor

Legend
Thanks for the info. What kind of level 29 daily does the blackguard get? Does the blackguard get any class features at paragon and epic that aren't from grim blackguard? Would you say that blackguards are competitive amoung other strikers when it comes to dealing damage?

Kinneus

Explorer
I'm buying this book solely for the Necromancer. I don't care for Essentials-style classes, but Necromancers are simply my favorite standard fantasy trope, so I'm going to play one no matter how crappy and option-barren it is, dagnabbit.

With that said... how crappy is it? How option-barren? They're a wizard sub-specialty, so I assume they're still Controllers. Do they have a discernible secondary role, like Striker or Leader? What are its powers like? What is your (admitedly subjective) opinion on their viability?

Doe the Starpact Binder get a bunch of radiant damage powers? I'm guessing this subclass build probably has a lot of stuff that an original Starpact Warlock will probably want to completely avoid any con-based powers.

Out of curiosity what do the other Evard's Powers do?

Rokku

First Post
Is there anything Defender-related in the book? We've got two new strikers, a new option for a preexisting striker, a new controller, and a new option for a preexisting leader, but I haven't heard about anything defendery.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads