D&D General "I have played in or run a D&D campaign set in Eberron." (a poll)

True or False: "I have played in or run a D&D campaign set in Eberron."

• True.

Votes: 53 54.6%
  • False.

Votes: 44 45.4%

I've never played or run an Eberron game, but I've pillaged the books for ideas and mechanics. At this point, if I want a magitech setting, I'm going to use my homebrew setting (which also pulls heavily from Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica).

Reynard

Legend
I've never played or run an Eberron game, but I've pillaged the books for ideas and mechanics. At this point, if I want a magitech setting, I'm going to use my homebrew setting (which also pulls heavily from Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica).
Eberron isn't magitech. it is fantasy in which magic is treated like a science. There's a difference.

Synthil

Explorer
It has interesting dieties and takes on religion.
It's the only setting where I have ever played a religious character. And it wasn't even a cleric or a paladin but an alchemist! The religions are way more relatable to me, being actually based on faith and mortal tradition. The religions are also varied enough to have something for a lot of different character types.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
Yeah, D&D has for too long been carried away with actual Gods having avatars pop up and running amok. I prefer Gods who are more mysterious and distanced, not just uber powerful NPC's (as Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance treats them).

EDIT: Reorx is a freaking quest giver and Mystra (Midnight) basically goes on adventures!

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I have played and run a few Eberron campaigns. It is a great setting and even better if you follow along with Keith Baker's blog. I am continually inspired and pumped up reading his takes on things. Even with dinosaur riding halflings and the Lightning rail, Eberron feels the closest to Greyhawk and grey box Forgotten Realms to me. There is boundless places to make the world your own and tell the stories you want to tell.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Now Eberron has been my go-to campaign setting for years, though I think I'm either going Spelljammer or homebrew for my next campaign, whenever that happens (as I'm currently DMing SW5e)

Stormonu

Legend
I started one set in Xen'drik that was meant to be like LOST.

Unfortunately, it lasted only one session before the group decided they wanted to try something non-D&D.

Player's map for the campaign (24" X 36" map)
101_1315.JPG

Remove ads