I miss seeing xp-comments

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
While we're at it, I'd love to be able to see the titles linked to XP again.
Aren't they? If I hold my cursor over your XP (the green bars above your picture icon), it says "Ogremoch, Elemental Prince of Evil (Lvl 23)".

I'd prefer that I didn't have to highlight it, though, if that's what you mean. I know XP is still a low priority, I just have this sinking suspicion that it's a "we're not changing it back" thing, rather than a "when we get around to it" thing.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That doesn't work with my tablet- maybe if I used Tapatalk or whatever.

IOW, yeah, I just want it as a displayed line.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
That doesn't work with my tablet- maybe if I used Tapatalk or whatever.

IOW, yeah, I just want it as a displayed line.
Out of curiosity, do you see on your tablet any of the hover texts, or is the xp line the only one that doesn't show up? Like for instance, do you get the hover text for your avatar picture?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I only get a prompt asking if I want to copy, save, open in a new tab, etc.- nothing special. I guess that function doesn't work with the iPad's version of Safari. Or maybe if I use Tapatalk (or whatever its called).

Empirate

First Post
I don't know if it's the quality of my posts, the relative rarity with which I get around to posting here, or other factors, but I seem to rake in much less XP lately. Might be due to people not being that "into" giving XP anymore, since there's nothing indicating you've done so. Could also be that I'm simply not as active/helpful/funny as I used to be...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Or you're in a slump.

But I really do think things have tailed off a bit since the comments became invisible. You know what they say: out of sight, out of mind.

Empirate

First Post
That's my impression. Not to say that I haven't been less active/helpful/funny than I used to be, of course... also not to say that I need the XP to feel good about posting. It just added a certain incentive to create a good post, knowing that everybody's gonna see how awesome people think that post actually is.

Remove ads