• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I need advice

I am new to DND and am stuck of how to rid Devine magic without magic. We went into a city that was taken over and the people that are taking over this small City has casted a Devine spell where no magic can be used within this city. Any suggestions how to get our magic back and conquer these evil idiots?

S'mon

Legend
Maybe cast Dispel Magic from outside the city, targetting the effect?

But this sounds like a GM plot point thing where you typically need to find the maguffin to end the curse.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Usually something like that isn't just a spell, but an effect that needs to be maintained - either via a ritual (that you can find out about and disrupt) or a powerful magic item (that you can find and disable). If not...everyone start taking levels in rogue, fighter, and barbarian and go old school on them.

Starfox

Hero
Does items using divine magic work? Items that cast divine spells without being exclusive to divine casters (wands)?

If more than an introduction to the situation or a very short effect (like a single room or encounter), a plot that deprives certain characters of their abilities is grossly unfair. Back in in 1E, when casters could be said to dominate the game at higher levels, it sort of made sense. But not since 3E.

This is obviously something arcane casters are much more vulnerable to - divine casters generally have some martial abilities to fall back on, especially at lower levels.

As a divine caster, I might camp outside the place and provide a base for the others to return to. This shows the GM how much a plot like this is appreciated. Perhaps there is an NPC the divine caster can play for a change of pace? On the other hand, this might give the party an appreciation of how important divine magic really is.

Dandu

First Post
I am new to DND and am stuck of how to rid Devine magic without magic. We went into a city that was taken over and the people that are taking over this small City has casted a Devine spell where no magic can be used within this city. Any suggestions how to get our magic back and conquer these evil idiots?

Fly + Shrink item + Fire

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads