• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I really hope the new adventure path is Mass Effect

Yeah, Resnick in general is a fun read. Not quite the household name some are for whatever reason, but he's been putting out good stuff for a long time. Really better known in the SF Community and fandom than anywhere else. Lots of 'epic' sort of tales with a kind of mythic style. Many of them would probably translate pretty well into something like 4e. Santiago is very reminiscent of an adventure module actually.

Squire James

First Post
I never read Santiago itself, but I've managed to read several books that appear to be in the same universe (Soothsayer, Oracle, and Prophet). The title character of those books was like a rules-lawyer munchkin that used and abused her ability to see the future... often.

I can just imagine a player in there saying something like, "Well, if I step here, it increases the chance that the next thing that tries to kill me is annihilated by... um... a meteor swarm... or an asteroid belt if it's in space... by 3%. I repeat this each round until the chance reaches 99%. Since you won't let me increase it to 100%, you rat bastard DM!"

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
This is interesting to me, in that even though I have no interest in the IP (nothing personal), I can still use this as a template for how to do Space Opera using the 4e game engine.

It might be enough to make me subscribe. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads