• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I was wondering.......?

Wolfsfire2001

First Post
If i was to take a human but at about 5 Level I got tired of being human and wanted to go to being a half dragon could i immediatley do it or would I have to take negative levels because of the Level Adjustment?? Would someone please illuminat this subject for me.

Smells like Gelfling.....Looks like Gelfling......Must be Gelfling

Infiniti2000

First Post
First, you need to find a way to suddenly become a half-dragon. That's something that the DM would definitely have to figure out. Once that happened, the DM should have a good idea on how to work it out, perhaps with a savage progression or just not be able to advance until you pay off the ECL adjustment.

On a side note, please endeavor to use more descriptive subject lines. "Let's say..." and "I was wondering..." pretty much suck. :)

Zen

First Post
I beleive that there are rules for transforming ifrom one race into another in Savage Species. I don't have me book here, but I think it was difficult, expensive, and of course subject to all the 3.0 vs 3.5 troubles that most savage species rules are.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
From the point of view of most campaigns, it's probably better to talk to the DM and ask if he'll let you bring in a new starting character. He'll probably be more willing to find a way to work in a new PC rather than radically change one already in play.

ElvishBard

First Post
If your character dies you could try getting a druid to cast reincarnation on you, and you might get the 100 so the DM could pick half dragon for you. Half the time someone gets reincarnated in my games it ends up with me picking, so it might work.

Infiniti2000

First Post
ElvishBard said:
Half the time someone gets reincarnated in my games it ends up with me picking, so it might work.
You roll 100 on % dice half the time? Do the laws of physics cease to function properly at your house? :D

RigaMortus2

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
You roll 100 on % dice half the time? Do the laws of physics cease to function properly at your house? :D

Wouldn't that be the laws of probability? Or are physics and probability linked in some way? I don't know, just asking...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads