• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IA: A Teacher for Laynie

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well Orussus isn't North of us, silly," Rayne chuckles, "I was thinking more of Earling and the lands around it. Is the place really as barbaric as they say, what with slavery rampant and bloody battles fought in the pits to please the brutish crowds?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Earling is... different. I actualy fought in the pits for a while to investigate the murders of a few fighters. And while I abhor that people take such pleasure in the fights in the pits, at least most of those warriors choose that life. However, the people beyond that are far from barbaric, and there is a cultural grace among even the lowest of them."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see. Well, I suppose I'll never get past their slave-keeping habits, though. So I guess Laynie was up in Earling, then? I wonder what she was doing all the way up there. If she is actually from Earling and not a Highborne, I would admit I'm a bit more impressed with the people of Earling."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Actualy, I'm not sure where she's from. I met her and Merrean in Orussus, and she had lost her family and something she keeps refering to as her 'good doggie'. Apparently, a patron of Mongrel harmed her or someone she loved in some way, so she cares not for the 'folk, but I shan't let that stop me from helping her, nor teaching her some of our ways. She needs to learn you can't always judge the whole by one individual, and I think it will give her a sense of belonging that she needs."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, I agree that you can't judge the whole by one individual. But sometimes, this is true in a good sense for the individual. Gaark was surely unique among half-orcs, and I would say that your persistance and kindness in staying here to help Laynie prove that you are very special among Freefolk."

Bront

The man with the probe
"If dreams be told, then perhaps more than you may think," Vanitri says, with a smile. "Anyway, I do not wish to take up any more of your time. I will have to stop in for tea gain though. Thank you again Headmistress."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rayne crosses her fingers.*

"From your lips to the Regents' ears, Vanitri, but I doubt highly that any but a human and a Highborne will be the school's Headmaster or Headmistress. I think you meant Housemistress?"

"Either way, I will see you soon."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Forgive me, the terms still escape me. Till then," Vanitri smiles and waves.

NOW he'll find Lex and Truman.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads