(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak let’s the hunter of hafar expire. He warned the others it was about to happen, so doesn’t see a problem with it. Once down, he proceeds with his guttural chants (ooc: inspiring leader)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When Gimlak's strange darkness faded, the allies had a clear view into the courtyard through the open doors. There, the four dire wolves sat lazily, as if all of the commotion had not particularly disturbed them. The younger, smaller one sniffed at the carnage within and whined, but did not make any moves toward the door.

"Should I shut the doors," asked Donnell, "Or are we going that way?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Squire heaved the heavy doors closed, leaving the wolves outside. The left-hand door was etched with strange markings now, from having been inside Gimlak's darkness.

Kahru wanted to release the wolves to the wild, and Kaligan wanted to move southward into the steading. Doc and Gimlak wanted to find and murder the Chief, but Gimlak was also concerned about reports of other dwarves. A decision would have to be made.

OOC: Okay, I think we're narrowed down to two choices: 1) Head east through the courtyard (try to release the wolves) then try the east-wing courtyard door (chief's room?); 2) Head south and seek the stairs down to the "cellars" (rescue dwarves?)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Kaligan listens to the the ideas of the others and mulls them over for a few moments before responding, "I think it's six in one, half dozen in the other. If we go out the door around the building, we'll probably end up fighting the wolves and the noise will rouse the guard in the tower, who might raise an alarm. If we go though the south doors, we will likely fight giants there which could do the same." Kaligan looks over at Kahru, "Do you have any way to keep the wolves outside peaceful?"

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I will speak to the animals” Kahru replied drolly considering how best to move forward from here "Ï need you to open the gate and then pass without trace to the east side of the building. If that works I might be able to block the outbuilding door too, unless someone has a better idea

oh and grab some meat to offer our wolf friends
"

The Storm Bear had blessed Kahru with many boons and talents and now it was time to call upon them. The zealots face lost all expression, his eyes unfocussed and he let himself imagine the enveiling darkness, his forehead and cheeks uncannily marked with oven soot as he let the others know his thoughts and readied himself for action
OOC: flash forward scene
Before exiting the kitchens Kahru will Cast: Pass without trace on everyone (+10 Stealth for 1 hr)
Round 1 Kahru exits the north door and Casts Animal Friendship with a Level 3 slot on nearest 3 Dire Wolves (Someone else to open the gate and someone to cover me please (alas my wolf is gone:()
Round 2 Move to outbuilding and block the door (Action to activate staffs Tree form at the entrance of the Outbuilding to block the door. (I assume we saw this when looking down from the rooftop)
Round 3 Everyone sneaks and enters the Eastside of the main building to look for the Kings head

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
(@FitzTheRuke is My wolf still active?:)))
OOC: Not if you cast Pass Without Trace. Both are concentration, AFAIK. If everyone wants to follow that plan, feel free to give me a similar description of three "Rounds" to Kahru's and I will move us along those lines until we either reach the end of it, or things fall apart. (Whichever comes first!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases