(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@FitzTheRuke - could you be so kind as to re-post the map so I can re-orient before the moves?
OOC: Sure thing! I'll clean it up a bit by knocking corpses down to skulls. East wing doors are just off the map on the bottom right.

G2Courtyard0.jpg

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc feels the re-added protection and tips his hat slightly to Gimlak in thanks. As the darkness fades, Doc drops the cheroot, blazing brightly, on the floor and grinds it out beneath the heel of his boot. Can't reckon that will help me get 'cross that yard. Doc takes a final swig of one of his flasks and puts it away.

He advances outside, gun drawn and moving stealthily toward the east side.

OOC:
Round 1- Drops cheroot, drinks, move to AA37.

Round 2- Goes into STEALTH MODE. Move to AG37.
+6stealth, +10Pass: 1D20+16 = [2]+16 = 18
...I mean ... guess it will do?

Round 3- (Assuming no hell breaking loose) Move to AM38.

Doc AC14 HP 83/84 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 1/2 Wls 2/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1
(temp hit points back)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The Colonel urges Donnell to stay in the middle of the group, and he himself takes the rear, ensuring that others are across the courtyard before he follows them, awkwardly.

OOC: Stealth with a +10 bonus 1d20+10=13. Ugh, this roller is killing me. (no disadvantage because of special armor).
If he is seen, or thinks he is seen, he will head to a different point (say AP13).
Does he have an accurate sense of whether he's been seen? I think so. Insight 1d20+9=26 (hilarious).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Someone get that gate open” Kahru reminds his escaping companions “we still need a way out

OOC: just noting for round 1 I’m positioning around AJ23? so Dire wolves can see me

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kahru entered the courtyard from the north doors, and the wolves immediately moved toward him, growling threateningly. He attempted to soothe them with his magic, and two of the three shook it off - they seemed like they might attack, but the largest one moved in front of them and sniffed at Kahru curiously, and the others held their ground, their bodies stiff with tension.

South of them, Donnell quietly opened the kitchen doors and he and Doc, Kaligan, and the Colonel began to quietly work their way across the courtyard. In spite of the spell that masked their movement, the Colonel stubbed his foot on a rock, which skittered across the gravel courtyard. At the back of the pack, the youngest, smallest wolf (still the size of a large pony) perked its ears and glanced around.

OOC: The Colonel IS very likely to draw the attention of the youngest wolf, but we'll see what @Steve Gorak Gimlak and @JustinCase Duvrael are going to do first. Kahru wants someone to open the north gate, I believe. No one is beholden to the three-action structure (that was just to save time if everything worked out). It hasn't gone off the rails yet, but it's on a knife's edge. If anyone wants to revise something, go ahead.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Duvrael follows Donnell, Doc, Kaligan and the Colonel, far more quietly than before. Still focusing his attention on the magical sensor, the yuan ti wizard is slower than usual, but is careful in his motions.

OOC: Stealth: 1D20+12 = [16]+12 = 28

Using my Action each turn to move the magical eye, to see whether the giant chief is really where we think it is.

Also, a REMINDER to everyone that Duvrael can use his reaction to make anyone (friend or foe) use a Portent roll (a 4 and a 17) instead of rolling a d20. Feel free to use that in a post!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Duvrael's magical eye was nearing the east-wing doors as Donnell helped to show the wizard the way forward.

Duvrael follows Donnell, Doc, Kaligan and the Colonel, far more quietly than before. Still focusing his attention on the magical sensor, the yuan ti wizard is slower than usual, but is careful in his motions.
OOC: Okay, I will move Duvrael up with Donnell, who can help to lead him with his sight-doubled. He didn't have to start from the north room. Gimlak ought to help Kahru with the gates, though!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Also, a REMINDER to everyone that Duvrael can use his reaction to make anyone (friend or foe) use a Portent roll (a 4 and a 17) instead of rolling a d20. Feel free to use that in a post![/ooc]
OOC: Colonel should have used that 17; thanks for the reminder for the future, though.

Remove ads