(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak moves with Kahru and when outside, he telekinetically lifts a stone and drops it to create a distraction. He then helps kahru with the gates, as silently as he can.

OOC: cast mage hand with 60 ft reach.
Stealth 16

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Gimlak's attempted distraction did very little - the wolves looked in the direction of the sound, and then back to what they had been doing before, which was, one was following Kahru, while two more were following that one. The fourth, smallest wolf, had grown some interest in the Colonel and had moved toward him, growling.

Though Gimlak had managed to open the north-gate, Kahru was having trouble getting the wolves to run out it - they seemed reluctant to leave.

The others had carefully crossed the courtyard, hugging the southern end. The two orcs followed, still more prisoners than allies.

OOC: The young wolf will attack the Colonel soon if he fails to make a dc13 Cha (Animal Handling) check. No one else is close enough to stop it themselves, but if someone has a clever idea on how to help, I could be convinced to grant him advantage.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Almost forgot: Here's a map!

G2Courtyard1.jpg

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
You are free friend ” Kahru spoke to the largest wolf in a low encouraging voice while indicating the gate “Go - none will keep you here - the gate is open -go- run to the wild

throughout the interaction Kahru kept his eyes on the three wolves, assessing their stance and behaviour, where there eyes focussed and if their signs showed aggression, caution, calm, fear or friendliness.

the wolves seemed relunctant to leave, could the druid tell by their movements just what was holding them back

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: The young wolf will attack the Colonel soon if he fails to make a dc13 Cha (Animal Handling) check. No one else is close enough to stop it themselves, but if someone has a clever idea on how to help, I could be convinced to grant him advantage.
OOC: You can still take that 17 from my Portent! :)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
It was his lucky day.

The Colonel hissed quietly and stopped the small wolf in its tracks. The two stared at each other before the dire wolf liiked away, and slunk off.

OOC: Animal handling: Portent of 17 + 5 = 22.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It was fear of punishment that was holding the dire wolves from leaving the compound. Kahru could tell that they had been raised by the whip with a cruel hand. When the Colonel managed to out-alpha the curious youth, it rejoined the others. Reluctantly, but with slowly increasing boldness, they moved toward the exit. Gimlak stayed still by the gate, out of their way while Kahru reasured them.

They slowly headed for the gate, looking about nervously. As soon as they were through, they set out at a run, heading off into the misty darkness of the surrounding hills, where they bayed one long howl of freedom.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Kahru watched as the dire wolves fled towards freedom, and in his core he felt the urge to run with them, back into the wild. As the pack disappeared into the night Kahru glanced at Gimlak and gave him a nod of thanks then turned back to the Steading of the Hill Giant Chief. A cruel hand had been restraining the wolves, beating them in to submission and the barbarian druid now had a new mission: to repay such cruelty in kind.

Cover me Gimlak” he asked before making a dash back towards the outbuildings door - perhaps he could find the pack in the hills after the companions had taken the giant kings head.

OOC: that was satisfying :)
Now Dash back to the Outbuilding entrance so next round I can drop a Tree in the doorway - then on to join the others

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: In the end, that probably took five minutes, so feel free to imagine yourselves as repositioned. (Or in other words, pick where you are on the map and let me know what you've been up to).

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc watches the antics with the large wolves with studied bemusement, while moving into position by the door.

OOC:
Doc moves BC38.

A few housekeeping things-
1. We are storming the south door, right, and leaving the N (outhouse) for later? I'm good with anything.
2. @FitzTheRuke - I am going abroad Monday and will be largely out of pocket for the rest of the month. I may check in occasionally, but no guarantees. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTROL DOC until I return (~July 1, assuming they let me back in the country with the covid protocols). Here's his final stat line right now ...

Doc AC14 HP 83/84 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 1/2 Wls 2/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1
*hex is active and using his concentration

Remove ads