(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Accepting the eagle feather from the Sky Jotuns hand, Kahru felt a mixture of excitement, relief and trepidation. He had not expected Lord Thyffon to accept his pledge so readily but the Prince seemed to be both shrewd and honorable and though he had been done for the sake of a talking sword, Kahru had been sincere and would fulfil the oath. Nonetheless the barbarian zealot did wonder just what service to the giant prince might mean for his future, it did seem that Lord Thyffon bore no love for the small-folk.

yes Lord Thyffon” Kahru nodded when his mission was explained “I have felt in my gut that things here are not as they appear on the surface. Though my reason in coming was to hunt the ogres and raiders who harrass my homelands, I will go with my companions now and seek the proof you need. Is there anything further?”

Once Thyffon was finished with him the barbarian-druid secured the giant eagle feather to Waythes scabbard and then still bearing the sword took his leave and returned down the hill to rejoin the Colonel and the others. He explained to them Thyffons assignment and the concern that there was an outside force influencing the lords of Jotun-kind and stirring them war.

Colonel, this is no longer a simple head taking raid, do we have a plan?”…

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Duvrael does not mind the barbarian quickly outpacing him. He does not increase his speed, although he does go over his prepared spells in his head in case this gathering takes a wrong turn.

Banishment, probably. That will keep the jotun away for long enough, probably. Invisibility if it is likely none will survive except those who are cunning.

It seems it will not come to that, the wizard realizes as he watches Kahru return from his talk with the sky giant with both the sword and his hide.

When he reaches the Colonel and the barbarian, Duvrael suggests, "We will look for clues in the steading first. Rarely do troublemakers leave no trace of their meddling, and the hill giants are too stupid to erase evidence of being bribed or coerced into something that puts them at risk."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Prince Thyffon was interested in meeting the group, and he lingered after dismissing Kahru to have a brief word with each of them. He was clearly gathering information, though if he had any purpose beyond his own amusement, he kept it to himself.

OOC: We don't have to RP all of it out if you don't want to, but I'd like to know if anyone remains hidden. I assume that Doc moseys up, and he'll talk to Duvrael. what about @Maxperson Kaligan and @Steve Gorak Gimlak? Do you introduce yourselves?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Kaligan walks up and joins the others. If the Sky Prince wishes to meet me, I'm certainly not going to give offense by refusing. When Kaligan reaches the Sky Prince, he bows with respect and then waits for the prince to speak first.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak walks with the others. Ceremoniously, in a practiced manner, he bows slightly and nods his head respectfully, but as an equal. He does not kneel; this is not meant as an affront, it is simply due to Gimlak's status. ''Greetings, I am Gimlak Silverbeard, Son of Torbin, King under the Mountains. This discussion with you is most welcome.''

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The cloud giant spoke briefly with each member of the company. It was clear that he was very intelligent and had a keen interest in many subjects. However, it was also apparent that he was extremely arrogant. Still, he was essentially polite, and he did not press for any details that anyone withheld from him.

He took a particular interest in Doc, who he said had "winds that flitted about (him) that were not of the natural world".

When he was done, he told them, "I will return now to Castle Volaire and will depart immediately. I warn you: While I have not chosen to ally myself with these giants, they are of the Ordening, and therefore I will be obligated to defend them if they are assaulted in my presence. I suggest that you wait until the Castle is over the horizon before you come into conflict with any giant."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The Colonel is pleased that this parlay has not led to bloodshed. That's rare in his experience, especially since he had not been fully forthright initially.

"We are pleased to have met you, your Majesty, and we understand," he says, bowing.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Colonel, this is no longer a simple head taking raid, do we have a plan?”…
The Colonel shrugs. "We have information, but no evidence. When the sky castle is gone, I suggest we return to the hill giants, and make our way to the basement. I don't think this encounter changes any of that. What it does do, though, is make us aware of a larger issue, that we will be more alert to as we proceed."

Remove ads