(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Oh for a skald or a lore master right now Kahru thought as his gaze swept down towards the steading and he wondered just what might be going on there. Nosra‘s death would no doubt sow chaos throughout the giant inmates and, as with Thyffon, expose cracks in there alliances.
The steading would be on high alert and who knew what was happening with any slaves and their guards in the basement - not to mention that there was a dragon somewhere nearby too.

Perhaps as they presented themselves to the Sky Jotun one of others might dare to ask about what they might expect to find. Having already gained a boon, he did not want to push his luck and go back and ask himself.

so are we waiting for nightfall and returning via the kitchens?” the Barbarian-druid had expected that the basement would still be their target and the orcs had told them where the door could be found. “Lord Thyffon should be gone over the horizon by night and the remaining giants may not expect us to go that way- like dogs to their own vomit.

We must insist on stealth though - and discipline so no one of us exposes our position and brings the whole fortress down on our heads

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
After the giant is back in his castle and it is moving away, Kaligan looks around at his companions. "My friends, if there are a good number of giants left alive in there, they will probably be very alert for another raid. Do we have a plan for getting inside should that be the case?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Invisibility always helps," Duvrael suggests, glad to have his full spell repertoire back and ready to cast.

OOC: What happened to the hill giant youngster that carried the chief's head? Potentially it can help us out with a distraction.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc was a little uncomfortable with the attention of the Tall Hat; he was still a little put out when folk thought he was the one out of place. Doc was always right where he needed to be. Stranger in a strange land. Reckon they haven't looked in a mirror.

He listened with half an ear to the suggestions of his compatriots. Finally, he puts in his two bits.

There's two types in the world. Those with weapons and the will to use 'em. And those who dig holes to meet the Sheriff. I'm figuin' that we got the weapons, and we give those ... giants ... the shovels.

After that he settles into his usual stillness, confident that the group's collective thirst will eventually overcome the sense of safety, and allow Doc to right the ledger with the Sheriff.

OOC:
Good with stealth, invisibility, or waiting until night. Recommend doing the temporary hit points again before we enter.

Also, let's settle on a place to go to first- maybe free the dwarven prisoners that we heard about?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I agree that we should go to the kitchens to free the slaves. Once that is done, we will be free to clear the fortress. Now come close, and let us focus on the task at hand.

Gimlak starts his strange guttural song that bolsters the entire group.

OOC: use of inspiring leader feat, everyone has 13 temp hp

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
If we move under cover of darkness, I can call the spirits to let us pass without trace as we go through the kitchens” Kahru mused, remembering how the advantage was squandered in their earlier infitrations. “Then perhaps the wizard Duvrael can use invisibility to scout ahead and see what lies down the stairs to the basement. If we are to find you’re dwarf-mates Gimlak, we need to see what lies ahead of us. Does anyone else have the ability to scout forward into an enemy camp?

I can perhaps call on the spirit of the bat or some creeping insect”

OOC: I agree on entering the basement via the kitchens.
Using nightful and stealth to scout our way forward without alerting the giants? Find the dwarf prisoners, then our individual missions?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Know that I have magics that can allow us to burrow if need be. We could try to get to the cellars directly from the outside; it would perhaps be the safest path to the outside for any slave”

OOC: hoping mold earth can help here

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Waiting for nightfall seemed a solid plan with only one hitch: It was only just after midday when the Castle rose over the hills heading toward the north-west and travelled out of sight. The group returned to the look-out spot behind the hilltop tor, where Cromby and Siersha had taken them the night before, and where they could observe the steading out of sight of its watchtower.

Unfortunately for Cromby and Siersha's replacements (the original scouts were back at the cairn, sleeping off a job well done), they had been discovered early in the morning. Their heads were left near the tor, on wooden spikes. By the looks of them, no one had been watching the steading for at least three or four hours. It was impossible to say what had changed during that time.

OOC: Okay, I suppose you will go down the kitchen chimney. I'll be back with a post on it.

Remove ads