• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Explorer
There is no connecting road between the ruins of Nesme and the village of Rivermoot, but overland travel there is possible during the summer season. The party manages to make it to Rivermoot in roughly a day. This small village stands at the west end of the Rauvin Road, where the Rauvin and Surbrin rivers meet. Rivermoot’s wood-frame dwellings are built on stilts because the rivers swell during the spring and flood the ground around them. The villagers tether canoes to their cottages so that they can move about during the river’s rise.

The lightly patrolled Rauvin Road follows the Rauvin River from Rivermoot to Jalanthar, passing through Silverymoon, Everlund, and numerous smaller settlements along the way. If you take this path you'll pass near Zymorven Hall which is perched on a crag overlooking the road.

Yavathol

Explorer
Gul sucked his teeth ruefully, looking towards the giant. "It seems a shame to lose track of her, but I really don't think we can fight a score of hobgoblins and a fire giant. If we die then the cities will get no warning, so I definitely think that's the best move. Wish I could think of a way to track her!"

He reached over and retrieved the rod of the Vonindod, then concentrated and activated it, "If she has some pieces on her then maybe we can use that to track her.."

OOC:
Can I get the rod to ignore the piece I have on me?
Do we know of any settlement or location in the direction the giant is going?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Bell has advantage on Wis (survival) rolls to track giants and humanoids; if we travel for more than an hour, difficult terrain can't slow us down and we can't be lost non-magically. She can also attune senses to see numbers/direction of giants within 5 miles.

I think if we do want to track, it is possible to do so without maintaining line-of-sight.

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Well that could come in very handy. Maybe we get to Rivermoot or Zymorven Hall and hire/ask someone to pass a message on to the Lord's Alliance, and then pick up the trail again?

SunGold

First Post
OOC: If we track them for a day, Willow has Clairvoyance prepped and could listen/look in on their camp, maybe get a peek at the map if we get lucky and they take it out. Bit of a long shot, but I'm game.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Willow could also learn Sending, which would get the message where it needs to go and save a detour.

Bellalalalalinda looks around significantly at her companions, pressed upon the inside of the ruined city wall. It is as if they are having a conversation without words.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Sending could certainly work, but whether Willow knows anyone who

1. Would be willing to relay the message &
2. Is relatively near a Gauntlgrym or a Lords Alliance settlement (no point in conveying the message if it gets to Gauntlgrym too late)

is up to Creamsteak. Perhaps a fellow follower of Eldath in a nearby forest?

Creamsteak

Explorer
The rod doesn't detect anything in the giant's direction, with or without your current artifact's interference.

If you travel for a day in the direction away from the giant, she'll be lost to your tracking either way.

Message could be passed from the nearest town, but it would take quite a while. If you at least go Zymorven Hall a message could be sent much more quickly, though at that point you would be 75% of the way to Silverymoon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads