• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Explorer
After some exploration the party finds another path into the city proper, or the ruins of as much.

A Damaran priest with a flying snake curled around his left arm and twenty Zhentarim thugs seem to be meeting at the city center with the fire giant and her hobgoblins. The Zhentarim horses can be seen tethered to some buildings on the western side of the city.

The giantess seems to negotiate that, "We will return the dwarf, and you will give me the flask. You have my assurances that Duke Zalto does not wish to make enemies with the black network."

The priest seems to offer, "You'll need the help of the drow that once held the city, one way or another. We can provide an opportunity to meet."

Creamsteak

Explorer
It depends entirely on what you want to do. If you want to gather more information, sabotage horses, interject, etc. If you just want to observe from a distance, the conversation between the two leaders will only take a few moments.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: I agree with just listening for now. We're too outnumbered for a fight, and we could use some info to send us in the right direction.

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC: Right! If the lady giant makes a deal with the Zhents, chances are she will report back to Zalto and we can follow her to get the direction of his location, then ambush her when the odds are better, hopefully!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalalalinda is disappointed that she was unable to show off for her companions how good she was at climbing. Nevertheless, here they were, and there was some information. Four things struck her in the few words they had heard.

1. The giant referred to "we". She presumes that the giant means Zalto, but doesn't know.
2. The Zhentarim have a flask that the giant wants. While she recognizes that their chances against a giant are still pretty slim, their chances against capturing a single object like a flask are much better, and if they can get it, they'll have leverage with the giant.
3. The Zhentarim want to ransom a captive, though, a dwarf. They were pretty rude outside to her, but if they had the flask, they should do something to ensure that the dwarf gets freed too. She understands the motivations of these people now better.
4. Everybody has horses. That means that they can travel faster than we can, she thinks.

"The flask is key, she whispers. We need to get that before they give it to the giant. I'll bet it's with the Zhentarim outside." (This last is a guess, but she knows how fr she's travelled, and it seems reasonable.)

She suggests going back and seeing if talking to the horsemen outside helps, or else laying an ambush for whoever takes the flask from the outside group to this one when a signal is given. Doing so just inside the city walls might be the most effective, but it makes getting away tougher.

Unless they climb....

SunGold

First Post
"I don't know, Bell," Willow says quietly. "They made it pretty clear they weren't interested in talking. If we go back there, I think it ends in a fight."

OOC: Willow is still inclined to just listen in and follow the giant. She's concerned we may miss this conversation *and* end up in a fight with bad odds.But her opinion isn't set in stone.

[sblock=Mini stats]HP: 45/45
AC: 18

Spell slots: 1st: 1/4, 2nd: 3/3, 3rd: 3/3

Spells prepared: Bless, Cure Wounds, Command, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Shield of Faith, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Prayer of Healing, Zone of Truth, Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Clairvoyance, Mass Healing Word, Spirit Guardians

Channel Divinity: 2/2

HD: 6/6 (d8)[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
"I agree with Willow, there's no sign of the dwarf, so maybe he'll be exchanged for the flask later.. let's keep listening.."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalalalinda shrugs, and bites her lower lip. She scratches Whistler and listens.

OOC: Someone with good perception should roll then, with advantage because someone is Helping.

SunGold

First Post

[sblock=Mini stats]HP: 45/45
AC: 18

Spell slots: 1st: 1/4, 2nd: 3/3, 3rd: 3/3

Spells prepared: Bless, Cure Wounds, Command, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Shield of Faith, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Prayer of Healing, Zone of Truth, Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Clairvoyance, Mass Healing Word, Spirit Guardians

Channel Divinity: 2/2

HD: 6/6 (d8)[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads