IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Bazrim's spell is done; Kushnak has finished Eskard's belt; Neth has finished CLW wand #4.[/sblock]
As the day draws to a close, you gather for supper. As it turns out, there is quite a crowd present.

Tarquin gladly serves you each a plentiful helping of food with large mugs of ale, as the gnome ushers you to a table near the stage. "I think this will be a bang-up storytelling tonight, and you are the guests of honor!"

"What idiocy is this about?" a confused Nethezar asks, as he glares at Erdolliel and Eskard.

"A fabulous storyteller, goodsir," Tarquin deftly interjects. "And free drinks for you and yours all night, goodsir!"

Nethezar seems not dissuaded, as he looks at the others to see what they know of this.
[sblock=OOC]Ummm.... Not that it could POSSIBLY be an issue, but, you guys don't dine/hang out in the common room in full arms and armament, do you? Not that I have any reason to think that's important...[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"Don't worry, I left out the extra good parts, particularly those that I was dead for."[sblock=oc]Not that she's paranoid about the DM throving something at her at all, but Erdolliel would be paranoid in general and likely to wear her chain shirt. She probably wouldn't have her sword and bow and armor though. Daggers? Yes.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
"I see, so it's a short story." Bazrim gives a chuckle.
[sblock=ooc]bazrim would probably have his wands and spellbook on him. Probably only really leaving his acid flasks, alchemist fires, and bedroll behind[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]Gah![/sblock]

Kushnak shakes his head and says "So much for not drawing unwanted attention." He then returns to his meal, keeping a careful eye on the crowd.

Not surprisingly, Eskard's eyes dart eagerly between his companions and the story teller while he bounces slightly in his seat.

[sblock=oc]I guess i don't know about the equipment thing. Probably not wearing armor or weapons no. but that would depend on the crowd. If there are other people in the common room with them, they'd both totally have them. anything magic-y that isn't super flashy(cloaks, belts, amulets etc) i think both would wear no matter.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]In general, it seems like most people don't wear armor or carry visible weapons. Erdolliel's mithril shirt is nondetectable under normal clothing (at least visually... if she gets frisky though...). I'll assume that Kush and Esk are "naked." Neth also doesn't have his armor or weapons.[sblock=o3]Kush appears to have a mithril shirt, too.[/sblock][/sblock]
Nethezar grumbles a bit (in fact, the scholar looks completely disheveled and seems grumy as the Abyss), but he says nothing.

Nim, the elf storyteller, takes the stage to much applause. He introduces the protagonists (you) and proceeds to render a quite dramatic telling of the affairs as related by Erdolliel. The telling paints the group in an accurate, though somewhat more dramatized, version of events. Nethezar seems still agitated and, at the first intermission, the scholar abruptly puts down his unfinished ale and leaves without a word, heading upstairs. He even ignores a couple of cheers from (quite drunken) audience members.

While Tarquin seems remiss about Nethezar's departure, Nim is unruffled. After finishing a drink, he takes the stage yet again. The next part of his telling is as engaging as the first, and the group, warmed up by part one and a couple hours of drinking, cheers and hoots at the most engaging parts.

Around 11 p.m., Nim breaks for another intermission. As he rests, some of the crowd takes the opportunity to prod the group a bit, buying drinks (that you don't need, since Tarquin is feeding you ale), and generally engages in some great flattery. In the midst of it, Tarquin fades back to the bar to get the heroes more ale.

As you fend with the patrons, suddenly, something unexpected happens. Nethezar, having apparently come back down and stepped behind the bar, suddenly pulls out a dagger and stabs in into Tarquin's chest, just as the gnome is handing him an ale. The gnome topples to the ground, without even a sound escaping his lips. Before the ale even hits the floor, Nethezar has turned and run upstairs.

The crowd gasps, and there is drunken confusion for a moment. "What the..." you hear someone upstairs call. A man comes down, a merchant by his dress, looking angrily behind him, until he sees the commotion and Tarquin on the floor. "The fifth one!" he cries. "You people did this!"

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard, true to form, erupts in a burst of laughter that rises above the din of the common room.

Kushnak seizes the moment. He stands abruptly, overturning his table and points at the man. "You are behind this trickery. Stay where you are, we will get to the bottom of this. Eskard, go get Nethezar, now." he shouts as convincingly as he can.

Eskard snaps to action and darts toward the stares, dodging around people as he goes.

"The rest of you, stay away from him." Kushnak shouts over the crowd still pointing at the merchant.

Dichotomy

Explorer
"Me?!" the merchant shouts with indignation. "I saw your man run upstairs! And you down here," he turns to the crowd. "You did not see me. Who did you see?"

"The fifth one! The human!" someone shouts. And others soon join in.

Eskard manages to get up the stairs before anyone is able to stop him, but some of the crowd is right on his heels. As the half-orc reaches Nethezar's room, the scholar opens the door. "Did the action find us again?" he asks almost jokingly, but the cleric's smirk vanishes as he sees patrons right on Eskard's heels.

"Get that bastard!" Some of the crowd tries to push past Eskard, but, for now, he manages to hold the doorway.

Downstairs, as the merchant glares at Kushnak, a few in the crowd quickly scatter, fleeing out of the Crooked House (including Nim). However, several of the crowd remain, and more than one of them grab a mug, a chair, or even the silverware.

"Murderers!" the merchant growls. "What did the innkeep do to you?" The merchant's hand rests on a short sword on his belt.

Tarquin lies on the floor...
[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy checks take roughly a minute, so I'll let you get a fair amount of goo in before I roll another one.

Dip checks
Merchant: ?
Kushnak: 19-[/sblock]

Remove ads