• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Dogville - a bloody 3.5 game

Redclaw

First Post
Ather attempts to roll away from any goblins that would attack him while he stands up, then he rises, looking for someone to stab.

[sblock=ooc] acrobatics check to move to a safe square (1d20+7=20), then stand from prone. If he wasn't threatened to begin with, he'll stand up and ready an attack if anything gets close enough.
Attack (1d20+5=22), damage (1d6+1=7)[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Round 4

Zarpox vaults down from the wagon, landing beside Ather and just feet from one of the wolf mounted goblins. The warlock grasps his sword with two hands.

Kaddok once more casts. Once more his efforts are rewarded with a flight of arrows, two of which strike the shaman [1] But the shaman holds his spell, calling into existence a divine shield.

Ather rolls under the wagon and clear of the wolves and their riders. He gets to his feet behind the wagon, safe from attack. He readies himself in case the wolf riders turn on him.

The goblin warriors continue to hack and slash at the animals. Their shrill war-cries counterpoint the deep bellows of the bullocks.

Two wolf riders on the left join their warrior brothers in attacking the bullocks.

The other two, on the right of the wagon, set upon Zarpox. Zarpox acts first, catching one goblin rider off guard. The warlock's blow knocks the rider from his mount, and the eldritch blast fills the air with the smell of scorched flesh [2]. Thrown by the sudden reversal of fortune, the remain wolf and the wolf rider pair fail to deliver a significant blow to the warlock.

Brottor clambers past the two halflings and wades into the melee of goblins. He swings, a goblin falls. [3]

Alton attempts to cast. Once more, a flight of arrows descends upon him, one finding its target [4] The evoker's ray of fire flares across the space between the halfling and the wolf riders [5], further filling the air with the smell of burnt flesh.

Winison sights up a goblin and shoots. The bolt buries itself into the creature, who collapses to the ground. Roth cheers.

[sblock=ooc]1. Kaddok takes 5 damage - 20 vs 16, 2 dam. 19 vs 16, 3 dam. Spellcraft 23 vs DC 16. My understanding is casting defensively applies to AoO's, not readied actions.
2. Zarpox attack - 14 vs AC14, dam 12 (added darkness penalty, added flanking bonus), goblin dying.
3. Brottor attack - 14 vs AC14 (added darkness penalty, flanking bonus, racial bonus vs goblinoids), goblin dying.
4. Goblin 20 vs AC13, dam 3. Spellcraft 26 vs DC14.
5. Alton attack 14 vs AC14, damage 4 (added darkness penalty).

Its not always been clear what penalties have been applied to rolls so in some cases I have had to add further mods. I've added a bit of a summary of rolls this round to show you what I mean. Where possible let me know what mods have been included. I threw in some flanking bonuses where PC were entering an existing melee. In a couple of cases it helped sneak the attacks over the line.

Redclaw - Ather is not far from the pair that attacked him, he is at the rear of the wagon, they are beside it. He can have a flanking bonus if he re-engages. Nice save with the AoO. The goblins missed out on savaging Ather while he was prone, but I thought that I might get a couple of AoO's in there.

Voda - I used your roll for this round, but falchion is 2d4, not 2d6.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Brottor gives a grim smile of satisfaction and strikes at the next nearest goblin, trying to put himself in between them and the pack animals.

[sblock]
To hit: 12+7=19
Damage: 8+3=11 (whoohoo! I should have went for a goblin rider with that roll, but ah well)
[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Round 5

Zarpox slashes at the remaining wolf rider. He misses [1]. The warlock manages to avoid both the wolf's and the rider's retaliation.

Kaddok vaults down from the wagon tray and strides towards the goblins [2]. His hammer blow crushes a goblin warrior.

Ather closes with the wolf that had just moments ago been standing over him. Ather blade lashes out, but misses [3]. The wolf retaliates, sinking his fangs deep into Ather's leg, and bringing the fighter to the ground [8]. Ather can feel the heat of the animal's breath on his face.

The remaining pair of goblin warriors take one look at each other, then withdraw as fast as possible.

However, the two goblin riders are made of tougher stuff. They shift their attention to the new entry to the fray - Brottor. The dwarf is able to fend off all but the last goblin, who strikes a telling blow [4].

Brottor return strike sends one wolf rider tumbling from his mount - although the sergeant does notice that the rider was already carrying some wounds. [5].

Alton scrambles to the side of the wagon behind Zarpox and casts Ray of Frost. Arrows embed themselves in the wagon around the halfling. One embeds itself in the halfling [6]. Alton's Ray strikes the remaining rider on that side [7].

Winison cranks the crossbow once more. Roth continues to crack his whip, trying to keep the remaining goblin warriors from his beasts.

[sblock=ooc]1. Zarpox attack 9 vs 14, miss.
2. Kaddok attack 21-4 vs 14, dam 13.
3. Ather attack 12 vs 14, miss.
4. Brottor suffers dam 7.
5. Brottor attack 19-4 vs 14, dam 11.
6. Alton suffers dam 4. Spellcraft 17 vs 14.
7. Alton attack 16 vs 14, dam 2.
8. Ather suffers 6 dam, trip save 3+ vs 17+.

- Summary - The goblin warriors around the second wagon have all gone - taken out or withdrawn (there were about 6 in all). There are still four wolves, two with riders in the fight. The archers still seem to be in the game, and are still keeping their distance (about 50 ft.)

From the sounds of things up ahead, the first wagon is still being attacked by goblin warriors, possibly wolves as well. Its hard to tell from behind.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Brottor grunts, "These pests can sting, damn them!"

He then looks to the wolf rider he brought down. If the rider is down for the count, he attacks the next nearest goblin, otherwise he finishes his opponent off.

[sblock]
Hit: 5+7=12
Damage: 3+3=6
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Kaddok, AC 15 (T11, FF14), HP 13/29, F +5,R+1,W+6,

"Hurry up, Sarge needs us!" shouts Kaddok as he moves in the dwarfs direction, redy to strike down the next enemy.
[sblock=ooc]Kaddok moves toward Brottor, trying to flank/charge his enemies.
Earthbreaker (1d20+5=12, 2d6+3=10)(without charging/flanking bonus)

Used up:

- all level one spells

- 1 turn undead[/sblock]

Gyojin

First Post
Alton, 21/27 HP, 13 AC, Init 5

Alton lets out a cry as a goblin arrow pierces his robe into his arm. Alton looks at it, and sees blood seeming through the robes. Alton, knowing the riders to be a larger threat than the archers, aims a Fire Ray at the most injured one.

[sblock=OOC]Standard Action to use Fire Ray, roll of 16 and 7 damage. [sblock=Spells]Cantrips- Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
1st- Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp[/sblock][/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Ather, AC 20, HP 19/27, F+3, R+6, W-1

Ather looks into the slobbery maw of the beast that felled him and fights down the panic he feels welling in his chest. He throws his weight up and over his own head, attempting to swing himself backwards and away from the wolf through sheer force of will. Unfortunately, that last fall knocked his sense of balance off, and he moves awkwardly, leaving himself unable to avoid the oncoming jaws.

If the wolf growling at him is still there, Ather will once again attempt to roll acrobatically away and then stand up. If the wolf has been disposed of, he will simply stand and try to find a new target.
[sblock=ooc] acrobatics +7 for an 11. Ouch. [/sblock]

Remove ads