• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Dogville - a bloody 3.5 game

Voda Vosa

First Post
Zarpox crawls under the wagon, and lunches another eldirch blast from his safer position.

[sblock=OOC]
AC: 17 HP 12/29
Move under the wagon, then attack with aldrich blast
Attack: 19
Dmg: 4[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Round 9

As Brottor, Kaddok, and Ather move forwards past the front wagon they see the last of the goblin warriors and riders retreating into the darkness. For a moment, it seems, they have been granted a respite. But the goblins are still out there, dark shapes moving in the darkness. But for the moment they are keeping their distance [1].

But the news is not all good. Humbar lies slumped on the drivers bench. He is conscious, but has suffered several wounds. So has Heik, although less than Humbar. The bullocks have taken the worst of it. One lies collapsed on the ground, breathing, but barely [2]. The other still stands, but is a mass of bloody wounds [3].

"Winison, Humbar has taken a beating [4]," growls Heik. Winison moves to climb up on the wagon. "I don't have much healing left," Winison responds. "How are the animals?"

"Bad. They need attention or we won't be going anywhere."

If any approach the bullocks, Heik adds, "Watch yourself around the animals! They are right nervous right now."

Zarpox seeks cover beneath the second wagon. Everything is quiet. He can see shapes moving in the darkness beyond the wagon, but well outside the range of his Blast.

Alton remains atop the wagon, eyes peeled for a return of the goblins.

A voice rings out from ahead. "You swing sword, cast spells against us. We kill one animal. But we give mercy. you take one wagon and go. Other wagon is ours. Our tribute. The other way is very messy bad choice."

[sblock=ooc]1. There are signs of goblins on both sides of the wagons, as well as out front. They are staying about 50 ft. away. The ones ahead, and to the left a little, are roughly where the initial call to surrender came from. They do not look like they have been involved in the fighting so far.
2. Dying in other words.
3. Not much better than his companion.
4. Say about half his hp's.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Kaddok, AC 17 (T13, FF16), HP 22/29, F +5,R+1,W+6, Ini 16

"Storm Hawk help us." Kaddok says as he channels the positve energy.

[sblock=ooc]Everyone in 30ft heal 5 HP. I try to include all of our wounded (including the bullok), but no goblins.

all 1st level spells used up.

used 2 turning attempts[/sblock]

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
ic - dogville

Kaddok moves to a spot between the two wagons and calls on the power of the Storm Hawk. Positive energy surges out from the shaman, touching all of his companions.

[sblock=ooc]5 hp healed for everyone.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Brottor whispers, "Well the good news is that we must have hurt them enough so that they won't risk falling at us at once. The bad news is that we aren't looking so good ourselves. I'm not sure we can get this wagon moving again unless we can get these animals up and moving, so we could decide to leave it here. But that's not a good thing to do for those animals or for the next travellers that come this way. I'm thinking we fight it out and get both wagons out of here if we can figure it out though. It's likely this is a trick and their just trying to buy time to ambush us again, and I want to put the hurt on them so badly they won't try this on the next caravan to go through here. Let's gather everyone onto one wagon, make as if we are abandoning the other, but stop next to the crippled wagon so we can block one flank and make them come through us to get it. Anyone have any tricks up their sleeves?"

Brottor tries to guess at how many goblins there are left.

Walking Dad

First Post
Kaddok

Deuce Traveler said:
...Anyone have any tricks up their sleeves?"

Brottor tries to guess at how many goblins there are left.
Kaddok whispers an answer: "I can provide some healing as I just did and call an obscring mist."

Redclaw

First Post
Ather, AC 20, HP 17/27

An ambush for an ambush. That sounds pretty good to me, Ather says. He will put his rapier away and redraw his shortbow. He will do his best to hide himself on one of the wagons, in order to shoot at unsuspecting goblins when they finally come close enough.
[sblock=ooc] stealth +8[/sblock]

Remove ads