• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Ever Dream, The Worlds of Life (Closed)

Jochannan

First Post
"I killed a megademon after blowing up another megademon inside my own body with one of the most devastating nonmagical weapons ever created after rescueing tens of thousands of souls from Hell itself... Then I fought off another megademon and then had to fight my way to the afterlife in order to reach the second hell dimension in order to fight the god of pain and suffering. Of course, there was that whole falling from Godhood thing, and the endless torrent of epic monsters and cruel titans that have been popping up like daisies. Needless to say I've been having a rough century. You?"

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
"I kinda had an interesting time myself, though I must admit my visit here isn't a casual one. I'm here to get my sword back. I'm pretty sure you may know it as "The Sword of the Fiend" or some gibberish like that."

Jochannan

First Post
"I entrusted it to Tensok, negotiate with him. And by the way, when it gets used by a psychotic titanic megademon to butcher tens of thousands of innocent lives for pleasure, I think 'Sword of the Feind' is a quite appropriate nickname, don't you?"

periculum

First Post
Traume. Better than Asprin

With Traume's aid Tocarus is able to heal his mind. The chorus of voices and consousnesses within his head are squashed and his consciousness is stitched back together into a singular cohessive force. Finnally rid of all the bickering presented by the other voices, Tocarus is freed and truly unleashed. Now able to focus on his goals, and not so easily distracted towards alterior goals, Tocarus is set to become a power for evil never before seen. He rises from his rocky bed upon Katryra with a gleam to his eye, devoid of the insanity that plagued him previously and also devoid of any morality that might have remained.
"You have my gratitude death god, along with my planes. It would appear that I have been defeated. However, it would appear that neither of us has gained as we sought. For despite your victory, your precious souls are still lost to oblivion, falling through the crack left where the sliver was destroyed. However, I can reginerate the lost sliver. I know that you yourself could create a patch and try to sew up the rift, but we both know cracks would remain and a few random souls lost. While if I was to reginerate exactly what was lost...I see your skepticism, but believe me I can...it would be as though the rift never was. Now in return for this, I do request a favor. I still want fresh souls. You are the only one with access to them, the barrier preventing me from acquiring them from the material plane. I will take any that you will give me. This might seem like no gain for you, as souls will still be lost from the glittering path, but these souls would not be random victims, but rather those you deem unworthy to enter your realm. Those corrupted by evil, perhaps those corrupted by me personally, would be likely suspects. The sociopaths, murderers, arsenists, and so on. Also, I of course would agree not to force myself upon your realm again. What say you."

Daia

First Post
After the trauma of ripping an entire plane apart, the Sword of the Fiend is terribly weakened. and as Tensok seeks to put it away in preparation for jouney, it breaks into a dozen peices and loses all of it's magical energies.

Meanwhile Yuneki continues to stoke the fires within the hearts of the aelves, and soon has a civil war brewing between the two sides. The fighting is violent but brief, the aelves having no inate love of warfare, they quickly isolate themselves from one another by the destruction of the landbridge connecting the continents.

She then goes on to whisper into the ear of Traume,
You should give him what he wants. Such souls do not deserve the peace you offer, and they disturb the peace of the souls they share your realm with. Of course he's not to be trusted, so don't, bind him to contract like at the first divine counsel, so that he can not break his word.

Albedo

First Post
U-DO smiles at Jo'karr, "Why, that is exactly what I designed the sword for, my dear Jo'karr. While your fall from Godliness was an unforseen incident, things played out pretty well how I had planned. This universe needed to be purged, in order for it to advance. More importantly, the humans are no longer the only ones to bear the burdon of agony. Angels, Aelves, Undead and Demons all share their pain. And everyone is the wiser for it. Everyone who survived anyways. You see, I'm the one who crafted that sword. If not for the portal spell the foolish mages cast, such a feat would not have been possible, but combining the spell energies and components from the plane of magic made an interesting creation. All that was left was the simple matter of giving it to the fiend, and the subdueing of Jemal. He didn't even see it coming. I saw to that personally. And now, balance has once again been achieved. The sword is the only loose end I must attend to."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Traume rests from his effort, the labour of healing the insanity of Tocarus' mind difficult even for him. He wraps himself in shadow and allows it to renew his being. He reflects on all that has occured and upon the words of Tocarus before responding

"Once your words would be anaethema to me Tocarus, for my comitment was to all souls that pass from the Worlds of Life. But I see that even I can not stop the encroachment of external evils and so must accept them, and the souls which are beyond my power to protect I must release to others.

It is true Tocho is no more Tocarus, but perhaps in you I have gained enough -your evil may yet be abhorent to me but that I can tolerate and accept as part of the natural scheme, the malignant insanity that you were could not tolerated, and that is what I have healed.

Thus I do not oppose your request Tocarus and should you repair the rift then the favour shall be granted - but with a condition. The souls themselves shall choose, any soul who has embraced your evil and corruption shall be yours to take as you request, but should they cry out before they die and seek redemption, renouncing evil and embracing the Rites of the Glistening Path then shall their hearts be mine to consider. I may yet find them wont and cast them off to you but those who are true shall remain

and in return for this you shall never again invade my realm and also keep it safe from would be agressors.

We shall bind this in a contract invested with all that we are - what say you?

Jochannan

First Post
Jo'Karr steps back, and stares at U-Do with a combination of absolute terror and insane confusion.

"You? You did this?" He whispers.

The expressions on his face change from terror to rage to numbness.

"All the lives lost, all the devastation, it was YOU?"

Jo'Karr falls to his knees, staring blankly off into space.

"I, I don't have it. I gave the sword to Tensok the Hunter. Where he wanders now I don't know. If I had it, I would never give it to you after all you've done. If he is wise, he will not give it to you either."

His voice is neither threatenning nor passionate. Jo'Karr keeps whispering to himself "all those lives..." as if meditating.

He sheds several tears, each falling as a drop of mercury.

Last edited:

Korbin couldn't take the strain he was surprised he lasted this long but he had to hold on. Then it happeened, His body was torn from his soul leaving his soul in Traumes realm and his body flyng through the universe. The body flies out of the breach and lands at the feet of Umbryn.

OOC:Nos where are you you should help with this

Albedo

First Post
U-DO shakes his head at Jo'karr, "You know, I will never understand this strange attachment you feel with mortal beings. I suppose you will never understand my attachment to the universe. We are just too different to ever recognise the others views. I shall not justify my actions, nor shall I try to shed appearance of evil you see in me. The sword is with Tensok, correct? I shall go see him." With that, U-DO away from Jo'karr and locates Tensok. "I do not believe we have ever met, but you have something of mine that I have come to reclaim. A sword. A fiendish sword... one capable of tearing the very fabric of reality. I would be very appreciative if you would return it to me."

Remove ads