[IC] Evilhalfling's Dark Sun

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Kel flavours the rodent as a nice honey infused pastry, his favourite.
Plool stops mid-bite with a look of stoic shock on his face. Then speaks with a calm, yet unnerving voice.

"Meat shouldn't taste like that, Kel. The best meat should taste of lifeblood; warmth, metal, fats, and salt. It should provide a bit of fight as your teeth sink into flesh." He stops eating and hands the rodent back to Kel. "That was the taste of mead, without the burn of alcohol."

Plool then continues traveling in the tunnel, uncharacteristically silent for a bit.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kel couldn't get the clicks quite right, and he entirely missed the subtleties of pheromone releases, but Chtckh was very pleased at his superb (for a dra) knowledge of the Kreen language. They chatted on various subjects like old clutch-mates.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The tunnel downward is no more than 5’ wide and about 70’ long. It drops steeply from the Large chamber. The tunnel that Kel used to enter is very close to it, leading upward.

The walls of the passage are earth and dirt, it turns to avoid boulders or solid rock. Except in the middle where one rock is carved out to a sharp corner.

Finally, it opens out into a stone chamber. Thin stone bars stop you from entering. The room is immaculately clean, smooth stone walls, ceiling, and floor, with no loose rocks or even dirt.

On the far side is a cage 5’ high 10’ across, with thick stone sides and top, with a shaped lattice of stone bars in front. It has no hinges or other obvious way of opening.

Inside the cage is a large blue-white creature – it looks like a manta ray (not that your characters have ever seen one) but it floats bobbing back and forth inside the cage.
It occasionally flaps its wings, but mostly just levitates there. It’s wingspan is 7’ across, but the main body no larger than plool.

The other thing that catches your eye is a large gold mask. It is held to the wall by stone protrusions, where it cannot be seen from the cage.

Nature or insight checks may tell you more about the creature.
Kel notices that the mask is battered and bent, and his keen eyes pick up scratches and imperfections in the otherwise clean stone chamber. It looks like the mask was flung around the chamber, battering at the walls and bars before being securely mounted.

View attachment 118399View attachment 118400

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
As they are walking, Kel promises to Plool that next time, he will make the meat taste as the best meat Plool has ever tasted. Plool can see that Kel is quite nervous about the fact his mind trick disappointed the halfling.

In the room, Kel inspects the creature. He bows to it since it is using psionics, and telepathically says, rather innocently: “Hello, I am Kel. Why are you a prisoner here? Do you know I we can get you out? If we do so, do you promise not to hurt us?

He then verbally repeats anything the creature may have said, and also offers what he has noticed to his companions “The mask was bashed around the room. If you give me some time, I can determine if it has anything special to it

OOC: Insight check 24

Use the message cantrips to communicate with the creature (I am assuming that it is psionically relayed).

Note that I can’t see the attachments (error message)

Edit: I forgot to mention, if no one else goes for it, Kel took the bird symbol from the undead - could be handy to trade for some water or food.

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Turning to Kel, Plool says "Yeah, have a look at the mask. I'm going to take a look at this cage."

Plool looks at the strange creature with a bit of apprehension.
"If that's in a cage, someone must have put it there" He reasons. "Maybe it's a working beast?"

Plool pauses to take in the room, but can't put together what such an odd place would be used for. "Either way, it seems especially mean spirited to trap a creature of the air under the dark ground."

Plool climbs up on top of the cage to get a better look. Maybe it opens on the top?

OOC: Also having troubles with the attachments

Nature check: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10

Checking out the cage.
Investigation: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13

Varsk follows the others. The half elf was not sure that running was a better choice than staying as a guard but it gave them more freedom. That was enough for him. He still kept to the back unsure of the others. As a smuggler and then a slave he had learned to only trust himself, and old habits die hard. Varsk is distracted with his own thoughts as they move through the tunnels.

Varsk stops short when they enter the larger chamber with the caged creature.

"Anyone know what that thing is?" He watches Plool get closer. "I'd be careful, whoever caged it might have done so because it is dangerous."

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Your all still in the passage outside the room - there are stone bars across the doorway, but they don't look very thick.
Kels mental contact just resulted in a burst of static and a splitting headache. You don't think it uses a language but its mind has a natural psionic barrier. From its body language, you can tell it is afraid of you and, for some reason the left wall of the large chamber.

GM: Sorry the maps got removed from the original post by my error.
Plools nature check just confirmed his second assumptions{/GM]
Its psionic barrier gives it resistance to psionic powers, but it would not effect purely physical powers like flame wave or force attacks.

dark0.jpg
Dark1.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads