• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Evilhalfling's Dark Sun

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Plool panics a bit when the spear hits the ground, but a smug smirk returns to his face after he notices it's fine.

"I think I made him mAD!" Plool gets interrupted by the flames erupting from Blaze. He quickly ducks between the Dead-man's legs in order to escape it.

"You could warn us before you do that, Blaze!" Plool quips before attacking the Dead-Man from behind, striking with the Spear and following up with a knee.

OOC: Using Halfling Nimbleness to get behind the dead-man, Moving to D6
Attack Action
Two-handed Spear attack: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Making up for before with extra crit damage!
Critical two-handed spear bonus damage, with Savage attacks: 2D8 = [2, 4] = 6
Bonus action
Martial Arts Unarmed Strike : 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D4+3 = [3]+3 = 6
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Kel looks at the unlikely scene. He could merely float away, but there would be repercussions if either group prevails. Besides, he badly needed allies, and decided no one living should be at the mercy of undead.

From his vantage point he uses his skill in The Way and silently strikes at the undead priest with his mind.

OOC: use Dissonant whispers power, save dc 13 or 3d6 = 13 damage and use reaction to move as far away as possible to caster. Save implies half damage and no need to move
 
Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Plools metal spear strikes deeply into the dead priest, tearing a huge hole in him, the knee strike does little.
As the thrikeen moves both he and the dead priest swing wildly at each other.

Chtckhs arrow finally sinks slightly in, but the priest ignores Blazes club, although his skin is scorched by the swirling flames.

The priest readies another infusion of dark energy into his hands but he looks towards the sky with an expression of unbearable longing, as he collapses. The slave fights on following plool around and bashing at him, but is quickly brought down when all three of you turn on him.

Plool you sensed a pulse of mental energy, identical to your own wild talent, just before the dead man collapsed. It came from somewhere out in the darkness.

GM:
Steel weapons have a +1 non-magic damage bonus. It also by-passed the Priests damage resistance.
Priest AoO : 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
fcon save DC 7: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
slaves attacks _: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14 ; 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Pool 12 /24
Chtckh 11 /28 hp
Moving out of initiative
Stupid zombie slave – best attack roll was a 10.
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Blaze turns to the unfamiliar voice behind him, the rage still burning in his eyes as he assesses the newcomer. No apparent weaponry, no visible armor, and words that speak of peace rather than confrontation.

So it’s either an innocent and helpless fool, or a sorcerer.

The genasi calms down, taking deep and long breaths that form little clouds in front of his mouth despite the relative warmth.

Only then does he notice the man is floating! Definitely some sort of mage, the former gladiator decides, and he raises his clubdefensively.

Blaze waits for the man to speak before saying anything himself.
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Well, you aren't going on about 'Darkest Earth', in fact you seem to be avoiding all of the ground at the moment." Plool apprehensively eyes the floating man. "So I can safely assume you aren't part of this lot" he says, poking at the head of the dead-man's corpse with a look at disgust.

"But knowing who you aren't, doesn't mean we know who you are." Plool says while he picks the gore of the steel spear. "Tell us, who are you, and was that your Will earlier?"
 


Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Kel slowly floats to the ground.

“I am Kel, and yes, I practice the Will and the Way. I was in a lower tunnel. And saw the light so I got closer to see, and knew I had to help you.”

Kel looks very young, even for a human of seemingly adult proportions. Although he doesn’t exude confidence, he does not appear to be misleading or lying.

“I can help some more” he says, in a sheepishly childish tone as he concentrates looking at the ground.

OOC: use mould earth, to make any difficult terrain on the ground easier to walk on
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Trust is hard earned for Plool nowadays, but talk is cheap, and at least this new human doesn't seem to be in the killing or capturing mood at the moment.

"Lower tunnel, eh?" Plool takes a look down into the darkness behind the young human."So, there is a way out back there?"

Plool turns his gaze back to his teammates. "Either way, now would be a good time to tend to these wounds." He pauses to think about the grotesque display shown by dead slave reforming itself. "Though I suppose rubbing some dirt in them would be out of the question."
 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Nothing disturbs your rest, but there is an occasional breeze that blows through the larger room.

The larger room is a 15’ drop from the round chamber. Part of the floor is a steep slant, allowing you to get within 7’ft of the floor.

With enough light, you see a narrow but tall passage leading deeper into the earth (map-4’A)

This whole cave system feels slightly forced. The walls are natural earth and rock with no sign of tool marks. There is also no sign that it has been here long, no water stains or fungi – one good quake and the whole place should collapse.

The tunnel that Kell came down is another narrow crawl tunnel that leads upward at about 30 degrees.
GM:
Athletics check DC 10 or fall and take 3 damage. (I think Cal had your rope.) If you get the newcomer to help you down before a rest, no rolls are required.
what are you doing for light?
 

Remove ads

Top