log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Bag-of-Nails shrugged, "Who can say what is real and what is not? Ahoo. Ubtao only knows."

Weed's cube was definitely solid, but what it was for, and why it would be guarded by undead and copied with fakes remained a mystery.

OOC: So... want to go check out the site of the fight between the 'newcomers' and the 'snake-tongues'?
 

log in or register to remove this ad


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"What do you think elder? Would you guide us? And we will protect you from the hunters. Alone, you're invisible and safe. With us, you're invincible and safe."
Myrral still hold out hope for the old tomcat. Maybe in the company, his former self returns. He knows well cautionary tales of lone tabaxi. But this one survived and is mostly coherent. And doesn't seem aggressive.
 

The old Tabaxi nodded and when they were done resting, he led them out of the tower and along the raised road heading west. It was very difficult for the non-Tabaxi to keep up, but he could occasionally be seen from a distance, waving them along before disappearing into the underbrush, as if he feared the sky.

He was already across by the time they came to a large tree that had fallen over the river that flowed south before plunging into the pit of lava. The tree was enormous - wider than the height of a man and over a hundred feet tall when it had stood. It lay solidly resting across the river and was shrouded in a dense warm mist.

"Come!" he barked from through the mist on the other side, "It is safe to cross, ahee."
 



Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral follows the group, staying back, ready to help as needed for his clawless group. He, of course, follows tabaxi trail as...well, as tabaxi.
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Chrysagon slipped on the slippery bark and fell down hard on his backside. There were a few hearty laughters from the others. Chrysogen just had to swallow his pride and stand up. Watch out, he said cheerfully. The tree is slippery... but the good news is that is sturdy and won't break easily!
 


The tree proved to be more dangerous in the anticipation than it did in the practice - everyone made the journey across without incident. By the time they were across, the old tabaxi was far ahead, and Myrral had to leave the others behind to find him, before returning to show them which way he'd gone.

Eventually, they came to another raised road. This one passed through the entire north-south length of the city and had once been the main thoroughfare. To travel atop it would be significantly easier than travelling through the thickly overgrown ruins on either side, but to do so would come with great exposure.

"This is how they preferred it," said Qawasha with a shake of his head, "The higher caste that was allowed to use the raised roads would be seen by all they passed, with their entourage preceding their passage waving feathered fan-flags."

The old cat hurried south, scrambling up the wall to pass an overgrown spot. From the top of the wall that was the road, he looked about for a quick moment before diving into a tree and disappearing from view. To follow would be to either climb up to the road, or to hack through the heavy overgrowth.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Lets try to find an easier passage in the general direction he is going in. Following him directly is impossible for you and tracking through the jungle outside the paths is tedious. And leaves a long lasting trail. " Myrral suggests
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
We could walk up on the road, said Chrysagon and pointed. We can spread out and keep a keen eye out for trouble. Myrral, you can go ahead and warn us if you see anything dangerous.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 0

“Bluidy cat,” Dellrak muttered as the old tabaxi disappeared yet again, leaving them to make their way as best the could. “I agree. Let’s take the old road. Mebbe we can finally get a guid look aroon’. An’ a better shot at anyone wot might see us.” He readied his crossbow, just in case. “An’ we can see them.”

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 1/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Agreed" feeling that they'd reached a concensus, Harb climbed up to the road and proceeded to scout the way, a short distance ahead of the others, relying on his keen senses and reflexes to stay one step ahead of any ambush.

Perception: 1d20+5 23
 

Once up on the road, Harb could see a number of things:

On the far (western) side of the road (which also functioned as a high wall) and to the south, was a walled compound. Smoke drifted lazily over the crumbling ruins of several buildings within the compound. Harb could see Bag-of-Nails, clinging to the top of the outer wall, peering inside.

On the eastern side of the road, also to the south, was an overgrown space that had once been cleared, possibly for a market. At the outskirts of the underbrush was a small gathering of vegepymies. Unlike the Stick's companion Kupalue, these were a deep red in colour and seemed to be twisted and dampish. They obviously could see the Sticks as they gathered on the road, but they made no threatening move.

On the other hand, from behind a building not far away to the north-west, a trio of gargoyles suddenly burst into view. They had green faces that were gape-mouthed and demon-like, and they carried nets. They looked very threatening indeed and they flew toward the Sticks without hesitation.
 
Last edited:

GM: Encounter: The Sticks vs Gargoyles on Omu's Highroad
OHRoad.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Gargoyle1 (G3); G2 (B4); G3 (D2);
(PCs) Chrysagon (T16); Dellrak (U21); Imogen (V17); Harb (Q21); Myrral (R23);
(NPCs) Qawasha (T17); Weed (V15); Ukee (Q20); BagOfNails (G42);
(General Features) Visibility: "Bright" Terrain: "Overgrown" Difficult Terrain in anything green.
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC18* HP 36/36 (Res Nec&Rad) HD 4/5 PP10* SS 3/3 CD 1/1 LoH 17/25
Dellrak AC15 HP 49/49 (Res Psn) HD 1/5 PP15* SS 4/4 1/2
Harb AC15 HP 33/33 HD 4/5 PP14 KI 5/5
Imogen AC17 HP 37/38 THP 5/5 HD 4/5 PP12 SS 2/2 FS 3/3
Myrral AC14 HP 34/34 HD 4/5 PP17* SS 3/4 2/3 2/2 Ins 3/3
(NPCs)
Qawasha AC11(16) HP 27/27 HD 3/5 PP14 SS 1/4 3/3
Kupalue (Weed) AC13 HP 9/9 HD 2/2 PP12*
Ukee AC12 HP 3/3 HD 1/1 PP13
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
Kobolds
(dead); Rats (dead);
Gargoyle 5; Sniper 0;
GM: Begin Round One


OOC: Ukee is on Harb's shoulder. Bag of Nails is off the map to the south-west. Who knows if he'll help at all? Crazy Cat. I should also point out that the road is 20 feet above the ground (though some of the brush reaches to that height.)
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb pointed out the gargoyles and drew his bow as he did. "It looks like they mean to spirit some of us away. Stay together."

The range was long, but he had no intention of breaking his own suggestion. Taking aim he fired off a couple of arrows at the nearest of the creatures.

Not even calculating ranges. Though the first roll on both of those were pretty low anyways.

Shortbow: 2#2d20l1+6 11 14 2#1d6+3 9 8
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 1

“Incomin’!” Dellrak called a warning as the three gargoiles flew into view. “Watch those nets.” He pulled out his focus and cast a spell, protecting him from elementals.

OOC: Ugh! Why is there no upcast effect on Protection from Evil? I was thinking there would be extra targets!


Protection from Evil (Elementals): Elementals have disadvantage on attack rolls against the target. The target also can't be charmed, frightened, or possessed by them. If the target is already charmed, frightened, or possessed by such a creature, the target has advantage on any new saving throw against the relevant effect.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Cast Protection from Evil (Elementals)
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions: Protection from Evil (Elementals)
Concentration: Protection from Evil (Elementals)
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 1/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 0

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 1/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral looks up, barring his teeth. Slavers were always trouble for the tribes. Less for his own than some living closer to the civilization, but still. Then again, nets work both ways. He prepares one of his weighted, clawed things and moves into cover leaving an image of himself crouching behind low wall remain, barely covered. Easy pickings.

Initiative: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22

Cast Minor Illusion of Myrral, hiding badly next to the edge of the road (cast overhimself)
Move: slip to decent cover, climbing over the edge if needed for better angle, leaving the image behind
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Miss Imogen draws one of the arrows from her newly-refilled quiver, nocks it and draws her bow as she raises and points it towards the lead gargoyle.

"Flee, foul beasts. Or die," she shouts. "The choice is yours."

OOC: No move.
Bonus: Fighting Spirit (advantage).
Attack: Gargoyle 1 (g3), with Sharpshooter (with advantage, no range limit). 1d20+4 (with adv.)=22. Woo hoo, damage = 1d8+14=18.

Hit points: 38/38+5 THP.
Fighting Spirit: none left. Action surge: used. Second Wind: not used.
19 arrows (less this combat: 1).
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top