log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Immediate threats first, thinks Miss Imogen, as she looks at Harb's quiver, but realizes his bow is inaccessible to her for the moment.

Her belt in her hand, she steps into the street and flicks her wrist, snapping it at the rat she can see in the hole between Harb and Dellrak.

OOC: Move to AG41.
Attack with whip: 1d20+7=26. Damage= 1d4+4=7 slashing.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Hab flailed about himself with his staff, finishing the creatures on either side of himself and then dashes across the alley to continue his assault against that kobold as well, making sure to use the cover of the wall against any further arrows.

Quarterstaff+1 Kick: 2#1d20+6 23 15 2#1d8+3 8 6 1d20+6 15 1d6+3 6
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 2

Dellrak cursed as the rat bit him and refused to go down, as a bunch more rats and kobolds emerged, slinging stones.

“Watch out! We are not the only targets for the sniper. He just shot a kobold!” Chrysagon shouted out.

“Well, ain’t that convenient,” Dellrak muttered as Chrysagon and Miss Imogen killed the rat in front of him. He marched forward looking for his next enemy and swung his axe.

OOC: Death Curse: You now must spend Hit Dice to regain HP in a Long Rest (as well as a Short one) and you only regain 1 HD at the end of a Long Rest. Additionally, Short Rests take 2 Hours. Everything else about resting follows the usual book-rules.


Save:
Move: Not sure what is still alive. Move me to them, if possible.
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack whatever he can reach. If nobody, he will switch to his crossbow.
Attack 1: Greataxe attack: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
1D12+4 = [7]+4 = 11

Attack 2: Greataxe attack: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8
1D12+4 = [1]+4 = 5

Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits): Planar Warrior damage: 1D8 = [7] = 7
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Opportunity attack: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
1D12+4 = [6]+4 = 10

Extra CRIT damage: 1D12 = [10] = 10

Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 34/49 HD: 2/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 0
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

The Sticks made quick work of the kobolds and their horrible giant rats. One by one, they whipped, bashed, kicked, and cut them down while taking cover up against the walls of the crumbling buildings. The gargoyle continued to be foiled by Myrral's illusion, circling in the air fighting something that only it could see.

All would have been well enough, were it not for Qawasha's near fatal mistake. Having grown his staff into a gnarled cudgel, he stepped out from the ruined wall to aid the others. He had thought that he was safe from the sniper, but he was wrong. An arrow struck him in the shoulder and spun him around.

Weed squeaked in dismay and completely disappeared into a tree.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Chrysagon did 11 (flail) damage to Rat1 (dead)
Dellrak did 18 (axe) damage to Kobold2 (dead)
Harb did 8 (staff) & 6 (kick) to Kobold1 (dead)
Imogen did 7 (whip) damage to Rat1 (dead)
Myrral took cover (hide)
(NPCs)
Qawasha got shot
Kupalue took cover (hide)
Ukee dashed (flying)
Kobold1 died
Kobold2 died
Kobold3 dead
Kobold4 dead
Rat1 died
Rat2 dead
Rat3 dead
Gargoyle attacked phantasmal force again
Sniper did 26 (bow) damage to Qawasha
 

GM: Encounter: The Sticks vs Various Threats in the Ruins of Omu
OmuRuin3.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Kobold1 (dead); K2 (dead); K3 (dead); K4 (dead);
Rat1 (dead); R2 (dead); R3 (dead); Gargoyle (AU26); Sniper (S36);
(PCs) Chrysagon (AC42); Dellrak (AE42); Imogen (AG41); Harb (Y48); Myrral (AO32);
(NPCs) Qawasha (AH44); Weed (AM46); Ukee (AD51)
(General Features) Visibility: "Bright" Terrain: "Overgrown" Difficult Terrain in anything green.
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC18* HP 25/36 (Res Nec&Rad) HD 5/5 PP10* SS 3/3 CD 1/1 LoH 22/25
Dellrak AC15 HP 34/49 (Res Psn) HD 2/5 PP15* SS 4/4 2/2
Harb AC15 HP 13/33 HD 5/5 PP14 KI 4/5
Imogen AC17 HP 33/38 THP 5/5 HD 5/5 PP12 SS 2/2 FS 3/3
Myrral AC14 HP 34/34 HD 4/5 PP17* SS 3/4 2/3 2/2 Ins 3/3
(NPCs)
Qawasha AC11(16) HP 1/27 HD 5/5 PP14 SS 1/4 3/3
Kupalue (Weed) AC13 HP 9/9 HD 2/2 PP12*
Ukee AC12 HP 3/3 HD 1/1 PP13
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
Kobold1
14 (dead); K2 18 (dead); K3 9 (dead); K4 22 (dead);
Rat1 27 (dead); R2 12 (dead); R3 16 (dead);
Gargoyle 3; Sniper 0;
GM: End Round Two; Begin Round Three
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
With their immediate enemies vanquished, Harb felt safe enough to tend to his wound. He took a makeshift herbal pouch from his kit and applied it to thearea around the arrowhead, snapping the majority off the shaft off in the proccess. It still hurt him greatly, but he felt able to continue. Just then another arrow flew past hos hiding spot and he heard Qawasha's cry of pain. He'd hoped his allies would have all taken care to stay behind cover but that seemed not to be the case. He had to act now or miss his chance. Once more he dashed across the street, this time coming under under the wall of the tower. He began to look for a way in while keeping an eye out for the archer.

Healer: 1d4+9 12 should get him up to about 25 hp. Saving his reaction for missile deflection if it comes up.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
"Qawasha!" Miss Imogen's outburst is instinctive, and filled with terror. She sees the arrow hit their guide, and sees, drawing on long experience, that the wound is deep. She abandons her defensive position, and for a moment considers whether she can shield her friend. Instead, she begins to rush towards the tower.

"Take cover!" she calls. "Please."

Her feet appear to glide over the overgrowth, each step sliding an extra few inches as she dodges and weaves her way through the group and toward the tower.

OOC: Move: 30'
Bonus: cast Expeditious retreat (and move 30')
Action: Dodge. (since she won't be able to cast shield this round, she's being defensive; next round it will be 90' equivalent, adjusted for terrain).

So she moves 60' (adjusted for terrain) towards the tower. If it's all difficult terrain, then it's to AA42, I think, and any attack has disadvantage.

Concentration: on expeditious "retreat".
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 4

The others were gathering at the base of the tower. That left Dellrak to deal with the wounded Qawasha. He ducked down in the tall grass with the druid. “Need a wee bit o’ ‘elp?” the ranger dwarf asked. He made a chuffing sound and a gesture and primal energy coalesced into a bear cub. “This’ll ‘elp.” The cub started to lick a their wounds.

Then Dellrak dropped his axe and pulled out his heavy crossbow. He took aim at the sniper, hoping to at least keep it pinned down while his companions made their way up the tower and took out the sniper.

Save:
Move: To Qawasha
Free Object Interaction: Drop axe, draw crossbow
Action: Heavy crossbow at sniper
Heavy Crossbow: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
1D10+1 = [4]+1 = 5

Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits): Cast Healing Spirit. Heals Qawasha and Dellrak (or anyone moving through the space) 1d6 up to 3 times. (Roll your own healing each round). When the heck did they nerf the hell out of Healing Spirit?!
Healing Spirit: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration: Healing Spirit (10r)(2/3)
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 36/49 HD: 2/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Chrysagon also rushes towards the sniper while taking great care to stay in cover of the building. When he gets to the corner, he spots an opening in the tower. He steals himself for what might happen and then dashes across the open space towards the tower and the opening.

Action: Dash
Move: Towards tower and, if possible, enter the opening
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I'm back. I'm also finding it funny that only reason I attacked the gargoyle (that didn't attack us) is because I understood it is the sniper :D And now I may have provoked extra fight that we really don't need.
 

After Dellrak's spirit-bear licked Qawasha's wound, Weed popped out from behind a ruined wall and helped his friend find cover. Harb hugged a wall and dealt with his own arrow-wound before catching up with Imogen and Chrysagon as they worked their way toward the tower.

The shadowy figure moved away from his firing position and then reappeared on the roof - a tabaxi wearing a feathered head-dress. Myrral, who was running between a building and the raised road caught a quick glimpse as the sniper moved as if he would leap from the roof.

Meanwhile, the nearby gargoyle continued an aerial battle with a phantom only it could see.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Chrysagon dashed
Dellrak missed & cast healing spirit healing himself 2 & Qawasha
Harb
bandaged himself for 12 (healer)
Imogen cast expedtious retreat & dodged
Myrral dashed (tabaxi-style) & did 2 (psycic) to Gargoyle
(NPCs)
Qawasha took cover
Kupalue helped Qawasha & took cover
Ukee dashed (flying)
Kobolds dead
Rats dead
Gargoyle attacked phantasmal force again
Tabaxi Sniper dashed
 

GM: Encounter: The Sticks vs Various Threats in the Ruins of Omu
OmuRuin4.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Kobolds (dead); Rats (dead); Gargoyle (AU26); Sniper (Q30);
(PCs) Chrysagon (V41); Dellrak (AG40); Imogen (Z42); Harb (X42); Myrral (Y33);
(NPCs) Qawasha (AH46); Weed (AI46); Ukee (U46); Spirit-Bear (AH45)
(General Features) Visibility: "Bright" Terrain: "Overgrown" Difficult Terrain in anything green.
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC18* HP 25/36 (Res Nec&Rad) HD 5/5 PP10* SS 3/3 CD 1/1 LoH 22/25
Dellrak AC15 HP 34/49 (Res Psn) HD 2/5 PP15* SS 4/4 2/2
Harb AC15 HP 25/33 HD 5/5 PP14 KI 4/5
Imogen AC17 HP 33/38 THP 5/5 HD 5/5 PP12 SS 2/2 FS 3/3
Myrral AC14 HP 34/34 HD 4/5 PP17* SS 3/4 2/3 2/2 Ins 3/3
(NPCs)
Qawasha AC11(16) HP 4/27 HD 5/5 PP14 SS 1/4 3/3
Kupalue (Weed) AC13 HP 9/9 HD 2/2 PP12*
Ukee AC12 HP 3/3 HD 1/1 PP13
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
Kobolds
(dead); Rats (dead);
Gargoyle 5; Sniper 0;
GM: End Round Three; Begin Round Four
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Miss Imogen continues to make her way for the tower. If she sees a door on the east side, she'll head in there; otherwise, she'll work her way around.

OOC: Action+Move= 60' movement, 30' in difficult terrain; should be inside tower if there's a door on the east.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 5

Dellrak aimed his heavy crossbow at the sniper, lining up a good shot. When he thought he had it, pulled the trigger.

Meanwhile, the spirit bear licked Qawasha again, healing him once more, before evaporating into spirit energy and disappearing.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Fire crossbow
Attack 1: Heavy Crossbow Planar Ally: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
1D10+1+1D8 = [5]+1+[8] = 14

CRIT!
Crit damage:
Crit damage: 1D10+1D8 = [5]+[1] = 6
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 36/49 HD: 2/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral roars in tabaxi even knowing that he might attract more unwanted attention. But if there is tabaxi tribe he doesn't know about it would be something that could be used to their advantage. Or not.

"Sniper, stop this! We're not your enemies. I'm from Rainbow Snake tribe!"
 

Prickly Pear

Explorer
Chrysagon takes the risk and dashes across the open space between the building and the tower. He dives through the small opening he had spotted. Once inside he try to locate a way up and get close to the sniper.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb dashes through the opening and quickly scales the stairs, using his speed to reach the top as quickly as possible. Though he stays behind the last turn rather than expose himself to another attack.
 

As the Sticks ascended the tower's stairs, the nimble tabaxi sniper leaped from the top of the tower to the raised road far below. As he landed on the stones of the road, he rolled and began to dash away on all-fours at a speed only a catfolk could match over short distances. But then, Myrral called out to him and he stopped short, stood, and removed his head-dress. He was an old tabaxi who had seen better days, patchy and missing teeth. He called out to Myrral in their growling tongue, "Rainbow Snake Tribe? That is my tribe."

Cautiously, he approached Myrral, squinted at him, and said, "You were little Dew-drop, but you have grown. I am Bag-of-Nails."

Myrral was astonished to recognize the name, and slowly the face (though it was rougher than he remembered), of his mother's uncle. He had long ago "returned to the jungle" (a pilgrimage where an elderly hunter goes off to die alone, where he will not burden the tribe with his suffering). Somehow, he had lived to extreme old age.

While this was happening, the sticks could see the gargoyle, that had grown frustrated in an aerial fight with an opponent that only it could see, and it retreated by flying off to the east.

GM: End of Combat. But let's give the game a little more back-and-forth before putting it on hold.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Miss Imogen is tired of this: tired of the jungle, of the muck, of the moisture weighing down her clothes. Curiously, she no longer remembers feeling heat, or being chilled when the sun sets and the heat dissipates in the eventide.

Cautiously, she re-wraps her belt, and listens to the conversation with the catfolk sniper. She thinks about how differently things might have gone if she had had any arrows left, and she looks at Bag-of-Nails's quiver, and compares it to her own empty one.

"Greetings," she offers, and gives her name. "This is ... unexpected. Our guide is wounded. Seriously. Perhaps you can help? Or perhaps you can tell us something of this city in which we find ourselves."

As she stands there, she lets Weed pull at her skirts, using them as a barrier.
 

COMING SOON: 5 Plug-In Settlements for your 5E Game

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top