D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen holds her ground, and draws another arrow from her quiver, hanging by her leg. It is emptying, she thinks as the remaining shafts rattle around in the leather cup. They've been in the jungle longer than she had expected.

She sees a light steam evaporate from her forearm, as the ice reaches the surface of her skin and instantly evaporates. She doesn't feel the heat or the humidity at all anymore. They've been in this jungle so much longer than expected.

The bowstring is pulled back, the arrow nocked. And she releases again at the glowing giant figure.

OOC: Sharpshooter vs. Faerie Fire creature: 1d20+2 (with advantage) = 18, for 1d8+13=20 piercing damage.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As Harb destroyed the undead plant-creature in front of them, Dellrak and Kasqa rushed to help Rodrigo. Dellrak's axe hacked deep into the rotting mass as Weed's stone and Imogen's arrow struck it as well. The whole thing collapsed into a mass of smelly compost.

OOC: I'll probably roll for Chrysagon soon if @Fradak doesn't show up, but @Neurotic the Tabaxi and @gargoyleking Harb & Hup'lo & @Ancalagon Rodrigo & Qawasha all still can go. Just WoodRot1 left now. Probably enough to finish this so we can get moving again. Sorry this fight took so long.

GM:
(Allies)
Kasqa moved to (AA10) & missed (spear) WoodRot2
Dellrak
moved to (Z10) & did 16 (axe) damage to WoodRot2
Imogen
stayed & did 20 (bow) damage to WoodRot2
Weed
stayed & did 3 (sling) damage to WoodRot2
(Enemies)
WoodRot2 is destroyed

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"How the giants have fallen. Only you remain, rotting away. Help the world and fall apart by yourself."
Myrral targets the remaining giant with another barb, this one less personal.

At the same time, the hunters raise their bows again. Now that they don't have multiple targets weaving and waving, two arrows thunk into the body of the remaining giant. Well practiced routine, obviously.

Myrral action:
Vicious Mockery damage: 1D4 = [2] = 2
- WIS save DC 13 or take damage and have disadvantage on the next attack

Attack vs giant; damage: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10
1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6
1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5
- rolled with advantage, I think bespelled one is destroyed, but if there is no advantage just ignore second rolls (in this case, first rolls are better so it makes no difference)

attack 18 for 6 damage
attack 20 for 5 damage

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The tabaxi hunters staggered the remaining creature with two well-placed arrows while Myrral distracted the thing. Finally, Chrysagon felled the creature with a mighty blow of his flail. The creature fell into a heap like the others, and it became quickly apparent that the pile of rotting muck was killing the jungle, infecting the nearby plants and seeping into the flow of rain water.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral growls something at the hunters and all three fall down and start digging around the corpses.
"We need to burn these. It will not stop the spread of the disease, but it doesn't have to get into the waters. Anything infecting the waters is more dangerous than merely walking dead. If you have oil or something easily flamable, we can easily make a pyre."
After the trench has been made around them to contain infected water, he collects normal wood as dry as possible from surrounding area and puts the corpses to fire.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen helps Myrral as best she can. She finds she can shift the earth effectively on her own, first drawing the moisture from the soil, which produces a light snow that evaporates almost instantly, and then pulling the dirt to the side with a wedge she condenses.

The trench is quickly dug.

OOC: Move Earth, as needed.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb turned to the last creature and dashed forth, putting his last reserves of energy into felling the creature quickly.

Quarterstaff, 2 Unarmed: 3#1d20+5 23 6 11 1d8+3 10 2#1d4+3 7 7[/OOC]

Sorry, I keep reading up and finding it hard to sit down and post myself. Not sure why.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Fight is over.

Harb and Hup'lo had helped as well with destroying the last of the undead swamp-giants.

Miss Imogen helped the Tabaxi to dig ditches, forcing the murky rain-water that washed out of the piles of former-undead to fill the troughs, rather than getting into the larger rain-pool. The black flies that swarmed about the piles bit them occasionally, but as Qawasha helped to ignite the pyres, concerned for his precious jungle, the flies were consumed in the flames.

With all the rain, it took great effort to get the fires going, and to keep them going, and it wasn't possible without getting them very large and very hot. The flames at their peak, reached the tops of the trees. There was no danger of catching the jungle - it was too wet, and Qawasha was able to use his magic to keep the flames from spreading anyway. Eventually, the necromantic muck was wholly consumed.

The only danger then was the consideration that the fires could have attracted unwanted attention.

OOC: I assume you'd want to get out of the area. Feel free to give me a check or two each with some descriptions as you 'flee'.

Remove ads