D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

OOC: So apparently we’re all together again suddenly? LOL

IC:

“Aye. Let’s tell the others wot we’ve found,” Dellrak agreed with Ussal, then headed back down the side corridor toward where the others were still arguing about the slots in the door. The Red Wizard moved to place her cube in the door.

50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 5/5d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: So apparently we’re all together again suddenly? LOL

OOC: See the map in post #2300. Everything is within shouting distance. Edit: Oh yes, I see what you mean. Ussal spoke to Zagmira like he wasn't still up the tunnel with you. I guess he went back out first, perhaps to get a cube.

Ussal and Dellrak came out of the statue tunnel with a few ideas, but the others had already begun to gather the cubes and began to place them in the spaces surrounding the door to the north.

This was when Dellrak first noticed, high on the cliffs above them, four gargoyles peered down upon the group. They were made of the same rock as the cliff and were perfectly still. He may have taken them for simple carvings on the cliffside, had it not been for the gargoyles that had swooped down on the Sticks before. These had the same wide-gaping mouths and little devil horns.

They were perfectly still now, but their heads craned out to look down on the group below.

Last edited:

OOC: Sorry about that. I was sure I mentioned we're going back to the others...but re-reading everything I left "the return" unsaid...

"In the ssside passssage there are statuesss of the small godsss in opposssition. Given the verse and assuming it gives a true hint, I'd put the cubes there. On the other hand, we would need to put the cubes in small basins and potentially lose them. And even the hint itself may be false."
Thinking for a moment, he nods at Yassah.
"Put them after the wizard putsss herss in. And don't ssstand directly behind her just in cassse."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen is not actively engaged with the cubes. She doesn't have a mind for puzzles, and she doesn't want to look foolish.

When Dellrak points out the gargoyles, Miss Imogen looks up, and knocks an arrow. She exhales, and her breath can be seen, even though it is warm and humid.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
There was nothing to indicate where a first cube would best be placed, so Zagmira placed her cube in the top left-hand alcove. Yassah was up next. He looked at the door for a moment before asking, "Sshe has put Obo'laka. Do I put hiss rival I'jin, acrosss from him, connected by thiss line?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Please do. We will put the next one in line or Dellrack and Ussal can tell us who is next on that basin they saw."

Myrral is preparing and dividing groups cubes in pairs of opposition

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It took little time for Myrral to divide the cubes into pairs. The only questions that remained were: which cube of Moa to use; who would place the last of the eight cubes; and *what) to do with the cube of Unkh.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

OOC: The statues aren’t actually on the map, so I didn’t know how far we had to go to find them, in a separate area, and hadn’t reported them to others yet. That’s why I was confused.

IC:

Dellrak watched the others placing the cubes. Now they were down to the last decisions. “Any indication on those cubes which might be real?” he wondered, indicating the three Moa cubes. “Were those the ones we found? Where did we find them again in that temple?”

50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 5/5d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Chrysagon had been quiet for a long time but now he spoke up and said: One of the Moa cubes are heavier than the others so I believe that's the one that should be inserted in the space opposite the monkey-thing. And with that, Chrysagon grabbed the heavier Moa cube and placed it in the last space.

The difference between the cubes were revealed in post #2009.
Harb judged it to be an ounce or two heavier than the others, though it otherwise appeared identical to them.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Chrysagon placed the cube of Moa in the last space, opposite the cube of Wongo. There still was the question of where went the cube to Unkh, but that was left incomplete as the eight cubes clicked, shifted slightly deeper into their cavities, and a large stone block that had previously been part of the ceiling began to lower over the way out. Many of those lingering began to scramble to return to outside, but the lowering of the block also corresponded to the opening of the doors.

The choice was a difficult one and needed to be made quickly: Wait for the block to drop and be cut off from the outside (but be able to go through the opening door) or rush under the dropping block and be free (but stuck on the outside). To make matters worse, to hesitate could mean to be crushed under the block...

OOC: Everyone must decide where they are and what they would prefer to do. 1) Inside, waiting for the door to open enough to peek inside; 2) Outside, safely waiting, but unable to be involved; OR 3) In the tunnel but diving under the block to freedom (Athletics Check: dc15+ avoids the block entirely; dc6+ take 6 bludgeoning in the mad scramble; roll under 6 take 35 bludgeoning and you're restrained (too late! you're stuck under the block! Though if you survive we can assume that most of you is sticking out) I will decide where the NPCs are at, but I welcome opinions in the OOC thread.

Remove ads