D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As he wasn't needed to translate, Orvex instead fell into a history lecture, piecing together a mix of things that were known to the Sticks (though perhaps they had forgotten) with some information that had been unavailable to them:

"The Archlich Acererak came to this place and found a city to his liking - corrupt, weak, and worshiping the Nine Trickster Gods, who fought among themselves. One by one he manipulated and murdered these weak gods, enslaved their subjects, and had them construct this place. Here he entombed the spirits of those gods and performed his horrible experiments, working their former subjects to death and beyond."

Zagmira gave him a look. Red Wizards preferred to keep information to themselves, to maintain superiority. Changing the subject to the task at hand, she said, "As I understand it, one of these tunnels will have alcoves in which to place the nine puzzle cubes. They will unlock the tomb and we will be able to find what the Archlich was working on. It will be the source of the Death Curse. The Soulmonger."

Earlier, she had told Miss Imogen that she planned to destroy the Soulmonger, but Imogen felt that she was covering ulterior motives, to no surprise.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"And which one would that be, Thayan?" While not overly familiar with the rest of the world, young shaman heard about Red Wizards of Thay...and never any good. He knows about yuan-ti. But with the experience of the wizards up to now, he suspects they are worse than snake-people.

Ussal looked into the side tunnel.
"I think this will be the one unless the door itself hold the alcoves. Zagmira and Dellrack, please calm it down. This will be dangerous enough without anyone thinking how to NOT help the other. Even by inaction. We can dish it out in the end if needed, but betrayal while we're in danger endangers the mission. Ras Nsi was very clear about this, and I believe you all understand we need to do this for our own interest too. You don't have to like one another, but don't fight and help each other where needed. Zagmira, Dellrack may be 'only'..." he makes the quotes clear in the sentence..."a meat-shield. But so are mine and your bodyguards...and you will not last long without us, despite your power. And he can go long after you exhaust your spells. So tone down the superiority and help. Or go home!"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak grumbled into his beard, but he kept his peace with the Red Wizard....for now. He had no doubt he would need to put his axe in her back by the end of this.

“Hate riddles,” the dwarf muttered as he read the obelisk in Dwarven. “Check the doors fer traps. I’ll see wot’s doon this narrow bit.” He indicated the smaller passage on the right.

OOC: Dellrak will stealth down the right passage to see where it goes. He won’t go more than 60 feet though.
Stealth: 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [1, 18]+4 = 5
Perception: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19

50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 5/5d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

“Hate riddles,” the dwarf muttered as he read the obelisk in Dwarven. “Check the doors fer traps. I’ll see wot’s doon this narrow bit.” He indicated the smaller passage on the right.

"I'll join you. I am a good mechanic and can find traps and dismantle them. And as you can imagine with the bulk, I cannot move quietly, but I can fight."

Ussal starts after Dellrack. After all, he didn't ask for permission, just stated intent.

Once a bit away from the group especially yuan-ti and thayans, he stops Dellrack for a moment, displaying the harp pin. Not saying anything and motioning the dwarf to keep going immediately after. The dwarf will either understand or not. And they can talk later about it.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Have we all shown our respective cubes, so we know they are al there? I presume so, but we can RP it out if we need to.

Miss Imogen maintains a frosty gaze at Zagmira, resigning herself to the inevitable betrayal, on one side or another, for which she will remain alert.

The assorted group arrives at the entry to the tunnels, and of course immediately some of the group separate. She does not follow, but she does position herself so that she can provide cover if something starts chasing them out of the tunnel (BI 68).

Her quivers are full.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak wasn’t so sure he wanted snake-boy to go with him alone, but they were supposed to be playing nice. When Ussal motioned to him, the dwarf paused and scowled. The yuan-ti flashed Dellrak a small harp-shaped pin. The dwarf raised a bushy eyebrow, then frowned. What Harper did he kill to get that?

Dellrak just gave a curt nod and turned to continue on.

50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 5/5d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

FitzTheRuke

Legend
While Dellrak and Ussal scouted the smaller tunnel to the east (and shared a moment), Qawasha and Weed went cautiously up the northern tunnel to have a look at the door.

In the eastern tunnel there were eight statues, each of a Chultan animal crossed with some minor humanoid features, squatting or standing over a basin of oil.

The archway over the door was carved with eight cube-shaped cavities. Four lines crossed the door, forming a compass star whose points touched each of the cavities.

"Are there not nine cubes?" asked Qawasha. "To my knowledge there were nine false gods."

Remove ads