D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Chrysagon took a tour around the coffin but was careful not to touch it, heeding Ussals warning.
He sits down and inspects the staff. It's an interesting staff and Chrysagon can feel the power of it. He swings it and practice a few movements. This staff will be great against all the horrors in this tomb, he thinks to himself.
He sits down to rest and look over his wounds. He sleeps a little and feel refreshed when he awakes.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Much to everyone's surprise, they were able to eat, do some minor repairs to clothing, and have a lie-down. Ghorrak's arm had marks where the tomb dwarf had grabbed him, but he no longer felt drained by the experience. With Chrysagon having removed the poison he'd received from the spiked pit, Ghorrak was back in fighting shape.

Each had taken a half-hour turn at watching the hall that sloped up and away, but nothing came. Even the wine seemed safe to drink. It was an unusually calming experience after what had been a harrowing day.

OOC: Long rest done. Everyone done their level up? (Other than Ghorrak & Yassah? And the broodguard, of course.) I assume you'd like to check out those zombies again? Exploration is actually surprisingly tough in PBP.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Well rested and reluctant to disturb the sarcophagus in the middle of the room, the group headed back down the arching hallway. When they reached the now-infamous crossroads, they found that the goat-headed body (Devlin's, they had come to understand) had disappeared. The markings they had made on the corners had also been erased, as if they had never been.

When they arrived at the grand staircase balcony, the large skeleton-creature was there once more, in the same place it had been the day before. It spotted them coming, and this time crawled over the balcony railing, quickly escaping under them to the balcony on the third floor below.

OOC: Yet another reminder map, showing the Skeleton before it dove over the rail, and the three zombies that I assume you are heading to investigate. Let's get moving agian, please!

1663609673572.png

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"My instinct is always downwards," Miss Imogen says plainly. "I know there are many puzzles and traps to explore, and I understand the reasons to do so. But we know where we are going, and we can't expect to find assistance by not heading there directly."

She looks down, as Weed is not at her skirts where he normally is, but she sees him standing back a bit, carefully guarding the lantern.

"Disss-agree. We already found thingsss that help uss." Ussal looks at the group
"Not taking stupid rissssk, sure. Ignoring everything...we may missss a key or key object sssomewhere. Zombies don't appear dangerous for uss. Let usss check the mechanisssm."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Looking at the strange zombie door without all the distractions from earlier, it was soon discovered that the heavy iron "door" was larger than the stonework of the door-frame. It was on some sort of rollers, and the zombies were pushing it up against the frame, while trying to get at their sweet living flesh. To open the door would require shoving the zombies back, which could be difficult to do without being bitten.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: All three of them? Otherwise Ussal could push them from afar...would killing them help?
OOC: Probably not for opening the door. It would just make a pile of bodies blocking it. Though if we have a teleporter (I don't think we do), you could push their heads out of the way and TP through the hole. Could probably do that without killing them, and then they'd probably chase the TPer and pull the door back. I will outright say it: I suspect that the adventure-writer's expectation is that your cleric turns them. Can Chrys turn undead?

Remove ads