D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Wrok the broodguard looks at the journal Myrral is reading, respecting the cat's time with the booklet but curious to see if he can see some of what's inside.

He looks at the other yuan-ti for a moment, wondering if they will step in and take back a potentially helpful resource. Working together is one thing, but allowing your temporary allies to learn about the common enemy before you is something he did not expect.

The sliver of doubt about his yuan-ti masters' competence is starting to grow in the broodguard's conscience.

Wrok, wrok, wrok, he repeats to himself, the word itself containing meaning which he just cannot get at. As if the secret is just on the other side of the door, scratching to escape but there is no handle or key hole...

OOC:
"Why do you say that, Ussal? Not one of...Omu gods? What is it then?"
I think it means 'not one of our wines'.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Myrral spent some time reading Devlin's journal. The Tabaxi was not a quick reader - his people did not write with "letters" and Devlin's penmanship had the flourishes of a scholar. Still, he was able to slowly get the gist. The journal chronicled the exploits of the Company of the Yellow Banner in Chult, and named and described the other members of the company as Lord Brixton (a Cormyrean knight), Bravus Boulderborn (a gold dwarf cleric of Moradin), Seward (a Chondathan human ranger), and Sephirius (a dragonborn paladin often referred to as “Seph”).

To get to Omu, the company made landfall at Kitcher’s Inlet and followed the River Olung to Lake Luo before cutting southwest into the jungle. The journal describes harrowing encounters, the adventurers’ search for the puzzle cubes in Omu, their brushes with the yuan-ti, and their eventual discovery of the true tomb entrance. Only the final entry mentioned their experiences in the tomb, but no mention was made of the goat-headed staff.

The final entry (only about halfway through the book's pages, read:

"To those who find this book,

Know that I, Devlin Bashir, am the last surviving member of the Company of the Yellow Banner. The Tomb of the Nine Gods has proven too terrible. Our company was separated after the incindent with the four-armed gargolye. Tomb Guardians tore Seward to pieces, and with him, we lost the Starfallen.

Our most recent quest was a failure - even if we'd found the Eye, the elf princess was gone. Our weapons were taken in the night (Seph suspected a doppelganger in our midst, perhaps she was right!) My friends will not last long without their weapons.

Gentle reader, let a dying man offer you one piece of advice before his soul is fed to a phylactery. Acererak is a trickster - his riddles may help you, but his final secret will always lead to your doom. He has won.

Tymora save us all."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[so many clues in one place...]

Sad Episode 11 GIF by The Simpsons

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: A few reminders. The Starfallen is the Ghost Lantern that is being carried by Weed (or was it Qawasha?) it was found in the forge where the tomb dwarves were animating a tomb guardian (who was powered by Seward's corpse.)

"We remember reportsss about humansss" Ussal comments
"But they don't ssseem capable enough if they barely survived the entry. And you have ussss now. You are now sssuperior."

Hades#2

Explorer
Yassah took the opportunity to rest like the others and tried some of the odd wine flowing from the gargoyles. Usual warned about the coffin in the room. He knew little about Usual except that he was unlike his fellow Yuan-Ti. Perhaps the odd armor he wore bestowed upon him magical senses? Nonetheless in a place as cursed as this, it was best to be cautious.

"Anything ussseful in that book? Details of hidden trapsss?"

gnarlygninja

Explorer
Ghorrak was content with the inv6esting he'd already done that day, and simply rested against the wall in one of the corners with black squares.
OOC: Sorry it took so long for so little, it's been a long week. Is there anything going on with HP recovery because of the soulmonger I should know about?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ghorrak was content with the inv6esting he'd already done that day, and simply rested against the wall in one of the corners with black squares.
OOC: Sorry it took so long for so little, it's been a long week. Is there anything going on with HP recovery because of the soulmonger I should know about?
OOC: you get +1d6 hp song of rest on short rests :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Is there anything going on with HP recovery because of the soulmonger I should know about?
OOC: Good Question! I think there was something I once mentioned about slower recovery, but I have long ago forgotten what it was. Something like "You only recover HP using HD, even on a long rest (though you DO recover 1/2 your HD."? Anyone remember or have notes on it? If not, let's go with that. Song of rest could be used here.

Remove ads