D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Huzzah! survived another battle. Will eat two berries.
And give two to "Harb" and two to Miss Imogen.
+2hp to each of you.
0/10 berries left

Dellrak looks on at the zombies in the cage. He reaches into the small pouch and grabs a couple of the sweet berries out and plops them into his mouth.

*smack* *crunch* "Needs sume?" he asks with his mouth full.

Fradak

Explorer
Using his javelin through the fence, Chrysagon destroys the lasts undead in the cage then turns towards the prisoners, cleaning his weapons.

"Does one of you respond to the name Derio?"

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Derio

One of the two prisoners steps forward, "I am Derio. You arrived just in time, my friends. The halfling was quite mad, going on about his somewhat obscure deity and his mission, whatever it was. Thank you for rescuing us."

Fradak

Explorer
Chrysagon, kneels near the dieing prisoner and checks is status. If it's already too late, he closes his eyes and, whispering, says some good words for his soul. (Or heal him if it's possible.)

"I am glad to meet you, Derio... Chrysagon of Mir, Iron Brother of the Eternal Order. Alister Bol sent us.
You must be starving. Here, take what you need"
, offering his waterskin and sharing his bread with the two men.

"I propose we search this place for any clues connecting this Viplo to anything bigger than this necromancer." said Chrysagon, considering the lair under the ziggurat.

Then, looking at Derio resting and eating the bread, Chrysagon couldn't wait any longer and asked, "I know you went through some harsh times and must have seen some wild stuff down here but... Did you discover something, Derio? Is he acting on his own initiative? Who are The Serpents? What's the relic he's talking about?"

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen looks at the berries, but waves her hand no thank you. "I am uninjured," she states plainly.

As the surviving prisoners are released, she retrieves what arrows she can, breaking the shaft when the pus-ridden corpses of the creatures have rendered the flights no longer useful.

She withdraws a kerchief from her sleeve, and wipes her brow. She then uses it to rub the grip of her bow, so that it too is clean. The last arrow she retrieves is the one embeddedin the body of the spellcaster, and she examines his corpse.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: thought you were 9/18 hp?
trying to keep everyone in double digits
sorry if his 8 CHA is getting in the way lol

Dellrak moves about the walls of the chamber noting the stonework involved and checking for any secret cubbyholes that may be about.

OOC: Investigation [roll0]
Add +4 if dwarven ability is appropriate

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: You're so right! My apologies -- she was pummelled by magic missiles. Now 11/18. Redux:

Miss Imogen scarfs down the berries which fill her belly and curiously soften some of the bruises on her ribcage....

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo carefully cleaned his blades, sheathed them and then took a single berry - he *was* curious - and ate it. He had heard about these before, but it was wondrous to see it in person

"Most impressive Master Dellrack, that is a very useful trick indeed - but please keep the other one, my injuries are quite minor"

(OOC: I have a second wind in my back pocket if trouble starts again... but well he just had to try one :p )

Rodrigo looked anxiously as Chrysagon attempted to heal the fell prisoners... but let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when one of the survivors identified himself as Derio. "Ah praise the gods! ... although while we are glad to have saved you, had you even been a stranger we would have been happy to save you. This crazed mage need stopping! And speaking of which" Rodrigo added, turning to the other person " whom may you be? I am Rodrigo Di Castalone."

He then added "Very right Brother Chrysagon, we should ramsack this place for intelligence - and perhaps our just reward."

investigating post mage battle: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

OOC: sweet

While doing so, he told both Miss Imogen and Harb "Thank you - that was some good work, both against the mage and the zombies"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Half starved, Derio and the other (who introduced himself as Attaow, a sandal-maker) gratefully accepted Chrysagon's offer of bread and water. While chewing, Derio gesticulated his uncertainty. When he had swallowed, he said, "That halfling was raving mad. I discovered that he was behind the disappearances, but it was too late to save most of the unfortunates. When I confronted him, I'm afraid he got the better of me."

Imogen discovered on the halfling's body, (amongst strange ritual components) a pair of twisted snakes cast in silver.

Looking around, Dellrak and Rodrigo discovered that this place under the ziggurat must have originally been some sort of tomb. The body should have been laid out on a slab or in a sarcophagus in the middle of the dirt floor, and the alcoves with the cages (and possibly the rest of the room) would have been filled with the occupant's wealth. Unfortunately, all of it had been stolen.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb took the berries but instead handed one each to the freed prisoners. Then he moved to the halflings corpse and proceeded to search it for anything of use or informative to their investigations. While he did so he ministered to the body as he would any other, leaving a small scrap of paper with the halflings name written upon it in his mouth.

OOC: Not sure if Perception(+4) or Investigation(-1). [roll0]

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Remove ads