D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"And who was that unfortunate whom we weren't able to save?"

Rodrigo scratched his chin - he needed a shave. "It's peculiar this mage had no other valuables - not a single gold coin to his name. Unless we missed something...
If not, I suppose we should return to town and report"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Derio and Attaow both shook their heads, they hadn't had an opportunity to learn the identity of their companion. Derio said to Rodrigo, "Viplo had a little hut near the jungle. It can't be far from here. He probably left anything that he didn't need for his insane ritual there."

OOC: I think you raided his hut.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"He had these snakes," Miss Imogen tells Rodrigo. "I cannot be sure of their craftsmanhip, but they may be more than decorative."

EarlyBird

Explorer
"I don't think its time for more mystery, but to celebrate a successful rescue. Lets be off to the Thundering Lizard and a keg full of ale!"

OOC: Ready for whatever the group wishes to do. Jut glad to have lived through these zombies.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The group returned Attaow the sandal-maker to his tearful family. His impoverished family offered anything they had in reward. A small child nervously approached Miss Imogen and held up her only toy - a crudely carved wooden doll and mumbled something in native Chultan (easily translated as gratitude for saving papa).

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen places her bow on the ground, one foot sliding over it protectively, and receive the doll gently in her hands. She looks at the small girl before her, an innocent in a world of complexities. She gives it a small hug, trying to put on an expression of compassion and gratitude in lieu of a Chultan thank-you.

The child's eyes are wide, almost adoring, and Miss Imogen has to hold back a tear. "This is all she has," she says needlessly.

In a gift culture, one must always accept. There is to be no pretence of not receiving, no false modesty. She asks the girl, "Does she have a name?" hoping that someone else will translate for her. She means the doll, but as the question is answered, she gets both the girl's and the doll's names. Whatever response she gets is sealed into her memory. "Thank you."

Miss Imogen removes one of the combs holding her hair in place, causing her tight bun to cascade down her back. It was carved from tortoiseshell and there were ones like it in every market stall, no doubt. But this one was hers, and it came from overseas, and the little girl's hair was just long enough to hold it in place. In a gift culture, one must always reciprocate. Miss Imogen's hands reach out, and pull the girl's matted hair out of her eyes, and pins it back. The girl's dark brown eyes smiled back.

Miss Imogen stands, and gives the doll one more affectionate hug, before finding a place for her on her quiver, so that it looks like she's riding it. Then she turns around and leaves.

Last edited:

Remove ads