D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 0

When the gargoyle flew off, and the sniper stopped his attacks, seeming to know their Myrrul, Dellrak retrieved his axe and put up his crossbow. He retrieved his one used bolt from the body of the rat he’d killed with it, then walked over to Miss Imogen.

“‘Ere,” he told the archer woman, holding out his quiver of arrows from before he picked up the dwarven crossbow he now carried. “Ye need these more’n me. Though if yeh see any crossbow bolts, lemme know.”

OOC: Miss Imogen now has 19 arrows.

Dellrak gestured and whispered some words. The glowing blue form of a jungle cat coalesced out of the air. It stalked toward Qawasha, circling him and passing through him three times before it evaporated. Each time it passed through, Qawasha’s wounds closed a bit.

OOC: Qawasha healed for 11 hp.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Healing Spirit (heal 3 times) - heals Qawasha 11 hp
Healing Spirit: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Healing Spirit: 1D6 = [4] = 4
Healing Spirit: 1D6 = [1] = 1

Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 36/49 HD: 2/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
. He was an old tabaxi who had seen better days, patchy and missing teeth. He called out to Myrral in their growling tongue, "Rainbow Snake Tribe? That is my tribe."

Cautiously, he approached Myrral, squinted at him, and said, "You were little Dew-drop, but you have grown. I am Bag-of-Nails."

Myrral was astonished to recognize the name, and slowly the face (though it was rougher than he remembered), of his mother's uncle. He had long ago "returned to the jungle" (a pilgrimage where an elderly hunter goes off to die alone, where he will not burden the tribe with his suffering). Somehow, he had lived to extreme old age.

Young shaman bows. "We remember Bag-of-nails, Wehlathi. The tribe quipu speaks highly of him. This place must be very blessed indeed for us to find you. Do you wish to be resurrected?"
He emphasizes old tabaxi status, just to keep proper, but he is happy to see the old hunter well (as his tail can attest, standing up and relaxed behind him)

"I have Grrol and Brapp with us too, they are both hunters. I am both a hunter and a mother. These humans are trying to find the cure for the curse so we joined them. They are inept in the jungle, but able warriors nonetheless.
Why did you try to kill us?"

He turns toward the party and calls out in common
"This is an old member of our tribe, considered dead for some time. He will not harm us. I will heal and bind the wounds, lets just see what is happening here. Approach in peace."

OOC: Wehlathi is zulu word for 'of the jungle' according to google :)
I also intentionally speak of Bag-of-nails in the third...sense? gender? sorry, too much english :) anyhow, Bag-of-nails is dead, given to the jungle.

Also Grrol = Rockmoss and Brapp = Climbing Vines

gargoyleking

Adventurer
As Harb came to the top of the tower he realized that the archer had fled. By the time he'd caught up, the battle had ended.

"I suggest that we return to the temple. Would your tribesman be willing to come with us to speak in a measure of safety?"

As he spoke, the monk was looking around searching the unknown spaces for signs of more more hidden enemies.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When Harb's suggestion was translated (and as explanation for the attack), Bag-of-Nails responded to Myrral, "I will not be lured away to the lair of the snake-tongues to be eaten, even if YOU have agreed to scout for them. I am hunting and I am hunted. Hahoo! I but wait for a hunter who will snare me before I snare them."

Myrral looked at his great-uncle's face. He was old - very old - and it seemed that his mind might have gone, though his body was surprisingly fit.

The old tabaxi continued, "The snake-tongues are everywhere here, up to no good. As are the little dragon-lovers as you see, and the frog-folk. And worse besides - and yet, no one can snare old Bag-of-Nails! Hahooo!"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
When Harb's suggestion was translated (and as explanation for the attack), Bag-of-Nails responded to Myrral, "I will not be lured away to the lair of the snake-tongues to be eaten, even if YOU have agreed to scout for them. I am hunting and I am hunted. Hahoo! I but wait for a hunter who will snare me before I snare them."

Myrral looked at his great-uncle's face. He was old - very old - and it seemed that his mind might have gone, though his body was surprisingly fit.

The old tabaxi continued, "The snake-tongues are everywhere here, up to no good. As are the little dragon-lovers as you see, and the frog-folk. And worse besides - and yet, no one can snare old Bag-of-Nails! Hahooo!"

"We cleared the temple and have our own warriors there. Remember, Grrol and Brapp? They will keep you safe. The hunters will not dare try for you while you are in a big group. And later you can slip out and outwit them again."
Myrral is sad to see the consquences of living alone for so much time. His people are strongly tribal. Maybe it would help if tabaxi piled on a big furball, he could be reminded of the warmth and strenght of the group. But Myrral is a shaman, one tasked with maintaing the traditions of the tribes. How can he take something dead back? He needs to do a ritual of revivification for Bag-of-nails to be able to sleep with the warriors again. And given how skittish he is...spirits only know what he will do.

"Can you at least point us to anything weird...well, weirder...going on within these walls? We're looking for the source of the death curse."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Omu
Afternoon
Round 0

Dellrak eyed the old tabaxi warily as Myrral said he was a friend and wouldn’t kill them. “Sure did a damn guid job tryin’,” the dwarf ranger muttered.

Dellrak eyed the tower. “This child be a guid place t’ camp, if we need t’,” he said. It was defensible and closed in, and meant they wouldn’t need to retreat all the way back.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 36/49 HD: 2/5d10+3
Bolts: 18
Bolts used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Kasqa: 17/17 HD 3/3
Move:
Action:

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The old tabaxi looked around wild-eyed and told Myrral, "Did you see the stone man-bird? They belong to HIM. Ubtao has warned me of HIM. We must find cover from the sky in case it returns."

When Dellrak suggested they return to the tower, he accompanied them. It was not spacious inside, and The Sticks, for the hottest part of the day, occupied two or three small floors, carefully negotiating the crumbling stairs and holes in the floors.

Bag-of-Nails told them more about Omu, as Myrral translated, leaving out some of his stranger ramblings, "The King of Feathers rules in the north-west. The south here is contested between the frog-folk and the dragon-lovers. Neither are trouble enough to stop wanderers from moving about. The snake-tongues rule the old palace, and they have scouts, spies, and hunting parties about. A number of hours ago, there was a big fight between them and some newcomers in the south-west."

When asked who "HE" was, the old tabaxi coughed, shivered, and said, "I cannot say, but Ubtao will tell you, if you ask."

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Newcombers. That may be relevant. Can ypu tell us more about that incident?"

Harb had been forced for once to remove his cloak, and drop his hood. He looked almost more uncomfortable like that than he'd been the entire trip before this. Still, he pretended to lounge in the shade of the rotten temple.

Remove ads