D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak shrugged. “Wasn’t so bad,” the dwarf said. “Smelled awful, though. But I guess tha’ ain’t the way. Mebbe try the statues?” he suggested.

Torch: 598r (currently out)
50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Can I have some of the healing berries?"

Myrral looks like he bathed in acid, with fur burned off in places and dull and grayish where not.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Yeah, I wouldn't mind some of those berries too, Chrysagon said. Their juices should soothe my sore throat a little.

I agree, Dellrak. Let's try the statues next. It is the next obvious path into the tomb.
Then Chrysagon hesitated and his eyes flicked around the open area where the motley group were gathered. Or maybe the entrance is hidden and the obvious paths are just traps? Can someone search the area while Dellrak and I check out the statues? And I can can maybe grab another berry or two from Dellrak...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak nodded. He took out the bag of goodberries he had made last night and unwrapped them, holding them out to the others to take as much as they liked.

OOC: Let me know how many you take so I can update the number.

Torch: 597r (currently out)
50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet

Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells

Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Really?!? Chrysagon said in disbelief. One of these will sustain me a whole day? Then he slowly started to chew on a berry and was pleasantly surprised how satisfied he felt, and it was indeed soothing to the throat. He had a second berry but it tasted horrible and must have been a berry from the day before. He spat it out. One berry was enough.

While walking alongside Dellrak towards the statues, Chrysagon felt the need to remove some of the acrid and poisonous stickiness from his body and cast Cure Wounds a couple of times and then funnelled some of Kelemvor's healing powers through his hands.

OOC: The Goodberry healed Chrysagon 1 HP to 25/52 HP.
Cure wounds on self: 1D8+4 = [5]+4 = 9 and 1D8+4 = [6]+4 = 10 (spells left 2/4 first level and 2/2 second level).
Lay on Hands: 8 HP (22 left of 30)
HP 52/52
Does anyone else require healing?

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yassah and the broodguard took two of Dellrak's berries each. The gargoyles overhead appeared to be solid stone, but their faces showed expressions of amusement.

"Perhaps the catfolk can scout," suggested Zagmira, indicating Myrral, "I can send the orc with him in case of trouble. I will remain here to keep an eye on these gargoyles."

Dellrak and Chrysagon entered the long tunnel with the eight statues. When they presented their first cube to the matching figure, the bowl beneath it magically filled with a small amount of oil, and lit on fire. The eyes of the statue reflected the light, giving it an eerie life-like appearance.

OOC: Let's assume that Imogen takes 3 berries from Dellrak and 10 points of Chrysagon's lay-on-hands. Anyone else want to chime in? Should I assume that you use the eight matching puzzle cubes to "light" each of the eight oil bowls?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak watched the stone basin fill with oil and light with flame. “Well, tha’ looks promisin’,” he commented to Chrysagon. “Let’s dae the rest?” He took the next stone to the next appropriate statue and continued around them.

Torch: 596r (currently out)
29 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet

Spells

Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan

Remove ads