D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Ussal slithers forward once Dellrack and Crysagon start putting the cubes in.
"I'll put the last one in. I have some knowledge of the old gods and I'm resistant to poison. Just in case"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Chrysagon, Dellrak, and Ussal went about using the cubes to light each of the eight basins. Curious as to if they had perhaps used the "wrong" cube to Moa on the other door, they left that one for last. When Ussal finally held up the same cube as before, the other two disappeared. The basin filled, and the long hall of statues was brightly lit. Each of the eight statues' heads slowly turned, creating an echoing grinding noise, until they all faced the far back end of the hall. There, shrouded by vines, leaves, and formerly darkness, was a statue of the ninth trickster god: The Flail-Snail known as Unkh.

Unkh, too had an empty oil basin. Ussal moved cautiously, brushing aside the vines, and he held out the appropriate cube to Unkh. The basin filled with oil, and lit. The snail statue's head moved back, partly into its shell, while its tail raised. The light from the basin glinted off of an amber eye inset in a gold pendant on a silver chain draped over Unkh's tail as it rose from behind the snail statue's stone shell.

PuzzleCubes.jpg

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Perhaps the catfolk can scout," suggested Zagmira, indicating Myrral, "I can send the orc with him in case of trouble. I will remain here to keep an eye on these gargoyles."
Myrral scoffs at the suggestion, what kind of scouting would be with a brute that doesn't know the jungle? He answers a bit more diplomatically

"I can scout, but I need to clean first, I stink and that is not a good idea in a place where you can be detected by the smell. An orc cannot follow me scouting. But thank you for the offer."

He takes one berry from Dellrack and "wastes" part of his power to recover.

OOC: I don't think we need Aura of Vitality? Should I just cure myself?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

“Well, tha’ seemed t’ work a foine trick,” Dellrak commented as the statues all reacted to the cubes and revealed a hidden statue with some gem necklace. “Think tha’s a key?” the dwarf asked, going to examine the jewelry.

Perception: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23

Torch: 596r (currently out)
28 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
I don't know, Chrysagon replied and cautiously reached out and lifted the pendant off the tail of the snail statue. He looked closely at the amber eye and shrugged. It looks just as a piece of jewellery. The gold looks real so it may be worth a few gold pieces. He glanced at Dallrek and tried to work out whether the dwarf was in to wearing jewellery or not, and then held out his hand with the pendant. Here, do you want it? It might be cursed, he added with a chuckle.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak took the piece of jewelry and examined it. He tried to estimate its value, and if it might be magical. “‘Tis a noice trinket,” the dwarf observed. “An eye might ‘ave some significance.”

Torch: 596r (currently out)
28 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

"Give me moment with it! Let's check for magic and...if that is the key, we're back to 'it unlocks from the inside' part."
Ussal turns to miss Imogen "What happened to your bush companion? He looks...verdant."

OOC: how do I identify the amulet? I can prepare detect magic, but I don't have it now...

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen nods at Ussal. "The gas seems to have nourished him. Do you hear that, Kapalue? YOu are 'verdant'!" She says this with an almost maternal pride.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Weed bobbed its bushy head and smiled - a toothless gap in its leafy face.

Ussal took the pendant and had a look at it. He could tell that it was locally crafted, likely by an Omuan when they had been enslaved to build the Tomb. The eye held a mark of enchantment, but nothing that was likely to be a curse, unless expertly hidden. He expected that the eye was made to aid in finding something. He could not be certain what, but it should be safe enough to wear.

OOC: I'll just roll arcana for Ussal... to save time.
Arcana Check: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20

"I will put it on...given that it was revealed only after we put the cubes in place, maybe it will reveal something new. We should maybe retrieve the cubes after I look here and repeat the process from before with the door?"
Ussal puts the amulet around his neck

Remove ads