D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Forge? What is a forge?" asks Myrral

After the explanation is given, he explains it to himself "Magic place where stone turns into hard shinies. Is it dangerous?"

"Are the ones working it dangerous? I can go see!!"
as he speaks he grows more and more animated (wanna see!! let me! let me!)

Finally, he just slinks into the shadows not even listening what others are saying and is soon swallowed by the darkness.
Stealth: 1D20+9 = [17]+9 = 26

Ussal rolls his eyes at the mammals theatrics. But he can appreciate the skill shown. Keeping at the back of the party, he motions Yassah forward. "Keep behind the paladin, but keep things off the archer. Protect the paladin as you can, the longer he stands, the better for you. I'll join you shortly."

Opening again the hatch in his armor, he sends a miniature draconic creature after tabaxi.
"Keep well back, don't attract attention he avoids. Screech if he encounters trouble and return."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Myrral slipped silently down the stairs, followed by Ussal's feathered flying snake. The bottom of the stairs opened into a large chamber lit by iron braziers that were hung by chains from the ceiling. Five dwarves shuffled about the chamber, working on a bulky metallic contraption that stood on a raised dais to the north. To Myrral's sharp nose (and the snake's darting tongue) the room smelled of blood, smoke, and putrid decay.

The contraption appeared to be something like an iron maiden; two of the dwarves were driving spikes through holes in its cast-iron surface, while the others were to the south, one working a forge while another hammered out new spikes. The fifth dwarf would douse the spikes in several bubbling vats of noxious liquids (best left unidentified.)

All five of the dwarves may have once belonged to the albino dwarf clans of Chult, but either way, their pale skin had the greenish tinge of undeath and all five wore helmets built to resemble the green devil-face that was so common in the tomb.

TombL2-A27.jpg

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tomb of Annihilation
Morning
Round 0

As Myrral stopped at the bottom of the stairs, Dellrak stopped farther up, not wanting to intrude on the tabaxi’s stealth with his clanking armor. He watched the tabaxi carefully, hands near his weapons, waiting for an alert or report.

Torch: 596r (currently out)
0 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral returned carefully and described the scene in the room.

"I didn't see anyone giving orders. But there has to be someone bringing fuel and stone inside, right?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen, finding herself at the back of the pack as others have crowded past her, readies her bow. When she gets a chance, she will enter the room, and cover the door (or doors). None will escape.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tomb of Annihilation
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak listened to Myrral’s report and nodded. “They cuild ‘ave access t’ an underground quarry,” he mused. “Fuel would be ‘arder, but ye dig deep enough, ye cuild find a black gusher. It burns really well.”

The dwarf looked at the others. “Sae wot’s the call? Wot they’re makin’ dunnae sound too guid.”

Torch: 596r (currently out)
0 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 58/58 HD: 6/6d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

"Uh oh, it may be a kind of a golem or other contraption, we need to ssstop it now! Or avoid it all together. Quickly! Are there other exssitsss from the forge?"
Ussal speaks quickly, trying to assess if the group solves things by killing or talking. By now, they seemed quite risk-averse, not surprising given the Curse and light armor most of them wore.
"We could rush in now and try and dissable it. But now!" He slithers around members of the group, his strange armor making hissing noises as it slides over the stone and scraping against their clothes and weapons. He ends up in front of the group
OOC: assuming no one stops him
"Lets go!"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The dwarves took surprisingly little notice of Ussal as he came down the stairs. One was crossing the room, even passing by the stairway, holding a metallic rod, heading for the clanging iron-maiden-like contraption, while the others stopped their work as if to watch what would happen next.

OOC: If you want to attack, now would be a good time. I have a few people down a few HP in my notes. Feel free to correct me if some healing happened that I missed.

GM: Encounter: The Sticks (and their "Allies") vs Tomb Dwarves
TombL2-A27-r1.jpg

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Tables
Visibility: Dim (Hanging braziers); Lightly Obscured by smoke.
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC18* HP 29/52 (Res Nec&Rad) HD 6/6 PP10* SS 3/3 CD 1/1 LoH 12/30
Dellrak AC15 HP 58/58 (Res Psn) HD 4/6 PP14* SS 4/4 2/2
Imogen AC17 HP 45/45 THP 0/5 HD 6/6 PP12 SS 2/2 FS 3/3 AS 1/1 2W 1/1
Myrral AC14 HP 50/50 HD 6/6 PP17* SS 4/4 3/3 2/2 Ins 3/3
Ussal AC20* HP 44/51 THP 0/7 HD 6/6 PP14* SS 4/4 2/2
(NPCs)
Qawasha AC11(16) HP 27/27 HD 5/5 PP14 SS 4/4 3/3
Kupalue (Weed) AC14 HP 27/27 HD 6/6 PP13*
Ghorukk AC15 HP 37/52 PP12* 2@+5,3d6+3 (Poisoned)
Yassah AC12 HP 66/66 PP11*
Broodguards AC14 HP 45ea PP12*
-BG1 32/45; BG2 13/45
Name * AC * HP * PP * Attacks * Spells * (Notes)
Tomb Dwarves
AC14 HP 45ea PP13*
-TD1 45/45; TD2 45/45; TD3 45/45; TD4 45/45; TD5 45/45;
GM: Begin Round One

Remove ads