• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

Thateous

Explorer
"Winston. Do you hear that? he called. A furry creature emerged from his sleeve and began sniffing the air. "See where that annoying buzzing is coming from.

With the order given, Winston scurries over the edge of the bridge and peeks under to see what the buzzing is all about.

OOC: Perc: 1d20+3 23

Zadolix

First Post
After climbing the tower Zadolix surveyed the village ahead noticing the eery stillness of the village. It would make sense he thought, during the summer festival for the village to be quiet, but with all the skiffs still on the bank it made no sense...

His thinking was interrupted for a moment by an annoying high pitched buzzing sound, conscious of what just happened Zadolix pulled a hand axe out of it's sleeve on his belt and headed back down the tower.

"Be like still waters out there, I reckon we go in quiet. By the way there be a hell of a racket still coming from under that bridge, more of these critters perhaps?" he announced to those in earshot on the bridge.

Seeing Everatt motioning to his creature to investigate, he slowly trudged down the muddy section by the skiffs to investigate further with his hand axe held ready.

OOC: Reminder to self, only 8hp left

Under the bridge, Zadolix sees the bloated form of a "queen" critter in a nook where the bridge meets the shore. It does not seem to be able to move on its own though it does have wings like the smaller versions of itself. Its abdomen seems rather bloated.

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

Looking a little worse for wear, Perin heads back to the group. He looks at the bloated queen, "I've never something like this before, but from what I know of hive creatures, fire would be the best way to kill that. If it burst is could release some angry drones, even if they aren't fully mature yet. Fire will ensure they die at the same time."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 4/12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Bolt: 37[/SBLOCK]

Zadolix

First Post
"Hold your riggings little one, let's get a closer look. These vermin want blood, what's to say it hasn't eaten someone whole? It looks unable to move so perhaps there be something or...someone inside."

With that Zadolix edged slightly closer to the queen and looked intently at it's bloated abdomen area, trying to ascertain any kind of shape or sounds from it.

The creature feebly attempts to spear Zadolix with its beak but fails. Zadolix is sure there are unborn offspring filling the creature's abdomen. Determining whether they are close to term would require a Medicine check.

Thateous

Explorer
Everett channels his mind into Winston's to get a look at the bloated queen. [roll0]

OOC: I guess from now on i will use orokos because the amount of times I've rolled a 1 on this is unreal.

Remove ads