[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

Zadolix

First Post
Zadolix grumbled something salty as he let the axe slip from his hand too early. The blow in return from the stone felt keener than expected, his shoulder throbbing with pain. Just then the door shattered into pieces as Zad ducked in recoil. He heard the threat of the tall figure as the Kobolds formed a wall. "How about ye just die instead?" bellowed Zadolix at the figure, hoping to distract him. Filled with adrenalin in the current danger the pain was numbed as Zadolix made a run for the tall figure, swooping his warhammer in both hands at the kobold to his left blocking the way.

OOC: Move to W25 in K15s engagement range and swing at kobold K15.
Attack roll K15: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19

Damage roll K15: 1D10+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Bonus action - Use second wind to heal 4 HP
Second Wind: 1D10+1 = [3]+1 = 4

Current HP: 13
Max HP: 14

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Yeah! I didn't want to drop to 2 HP, lol currently 9/10 HP

Keth blocks a few stones with his shield and then drops the cat and mouse game and dives into the fray, battle axe held high. "To the Abyss with you all then!" the half-orc curses as he engages the left most edge of the line. His axe comes down hard on the kobold defender its blood flying in all directions. "Corsill take you."

OOC:
Move: to U8
Action:Attack K13 [roll0], [roll1]
Bonus Action: Pray I'm not swarmed under.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Perin:

Seeing the doors blown in, Perin raises his crossbow and runs across, hoping to get a shot off at whoever is outside without exposing himself.

[SBLOCK=Actions and rolls]
Move: To get line of sight to L1
Attack L1:Perin attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9

Move: rest of move to try and avoid being seen.

Does +2 damage for humanoid favoured enemy apply?
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Ministats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2
Bolts = 38
[/SBLOCK]

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Seeing that the townsfolk are handling the buckets, and hearing the explosion in the common room, Surina draws her sword and runs toward the sound of the explosion.

OOC: By my count, Surina can get to P23. Sorry for the delay. Too easily distracted these days, i guess.

Surina (& Everett & Perin)
  • Surina arrives in time to see the destruction.
  • Perin and Everett unleash attacks on figures outside.
  • A townsman (originally in the kitchen) runs out the breech to attack a seven-foot tall figure outside.
  • The priest follows Perin and Everett downstairs and starts to revive the innkeeper and a man nearby.
  • Upstairs, you can hear people running toward the west end of the hallway, over the kitchen.
  • From the stables, several different shouts can be heard:
    "The fires in the hay loft!"
    "The horses are getting loose."
    "Jinny, look out!" (Everett can see the horse that nearly trampled Jinny looks like it might be headed into the inn.)
    "Rik, Mat, get up there and see if you can clear the loft."
    "Wake those men up before the fire gets them."
    "There's fire on the north side too."​
  • The innkeeper rushes toward the stables and shouts, "We need to get everyone downstairs. I don't think they're going to put that fire out." The two older women say, "Let's go tell them upstairs" and they dash across the room and up the stairs.
Zadolix (& Everett & Perin & Surina)
  • Z runs around the kobold line and kills the northern most kobold with a single strike.
  • An icy blast from inside the inn takes out the other two kobolds. And arrow flies from Perin into the tall figure who winces as it hits.
  • Noise in the kitchen attracts Z's attention as the door opens and a man rushes out toward the tall figure.
  • A townsman rushes out of the blasted door and attacks the tall figure, but misses.
  • Above the kitchen around the bend, Z hears a bowman call out, "A lot of shadowy shapes are coming this way. Maybe 5-10 seconds away!"
  • To his left, Z can see the fire has reached the second floor as two kobolds dash up and second tall figure steps around the corner of the stable.
  • The second tall figure casts a spell. Two small balls of fire leap from his hands. One hits Zadolix squarely in the chest. The other hits townsman from the kitchen.
    Z takes 10 hp of damage. The towny takes 4 hp and is still standing.[sblock="roll"]_: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
    2D6 = [5, 5] = 10
    1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
    2D6 = [1, 3] = 4
    [/sblock]
Keth

Keth kills a straggler kobold as the other kobolds and the tall figure rush around the corner toward what sounds like other fighting. In the distance you can see many probably four-legged, shadowy forms rushing toward the inn.
GM: Keth, are you still maintaining the light on the east side of the inn?

I've add the non-combatants to the upper floor.

Remember, the folks inside the inn know nothing about the approaching shadowy figures.

Thateous, do you want me to add mentions for the player when I post the round? (Or anyone else)

Players are up now on round 9
[sblock="ground floor"] Leeds Inn first floor.png[/sblock][sblock="upper floor"]Leeds Inn second floor.png[/sblock]

GM: Everett cannot see the kobolds without moving first. Also, Everett is probably aware that stepping on someone under a sleep spell is not enough to wake them. (It takes a standard action.) Where do you want to move to so you can throw the acid splash?

Remove ads