[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

GM: You are not really close to any edge of town. And even if you were, the town is pretty densely surrounded by farm land. Since you all met near where Everett slept off his drunken prior evening, I've assumed you are in the southern part of The Square near the border of The Riverfront as seen in the closeup map of bit here.

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Veit’s heart sank as he saw the guard hit the ground, the attack looked brutal and he doubted that the man would be getting up again. That was probably the end of the bear whether it was by their hands or by the local authorities.

His anger building Veit closed in on the bear. “I am sorry for this little buddy,” he said to the bear as he swung his maul.

OOC:

Veit uses bonus action to go into a rage and then move next to the bear and attacks with his Maul, will aim to knock out the bear. Attack roll with BI is 14. Damage if hit is 8.

The aim is to knock it out or to chase it away towards the edge of the city.

Veit attack with Bardic Inspiration: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D6 = [3] = 3

Veit Maul damage: 2D6+5 = [1, 2]+5 = 8

[sblock=Stats]
AC 15
HP 15/15
SPD 25
Initiative +2
Maul 5ft melee+5 to hit 2d6+3 bludgeoning
Handaxe 5ft melee or 20/60 ranged +5 to hit 1d6 +3 slashing
Javelin range 30/120 +5 to hit 1d6+3 piercing
Rage +2 damages 1 of 2 used.
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Perin thoughts raced, once this poor creature killed someone that would be the end of it, one way or another. The guard seemed in a bad way, and Viet had just given the bear a hefty clout - perhaps Viet could wait a second or two.

Perin headed towards the recently felled guard and checked him over, trying to stop the bleeding.

Medicine check on guard to stabilize: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21

[SBLOCK=mini stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2
[/SBLOCK]

The maul hits the bear manages to get an arm between the maul and its head reducing the overall impact of the blow. Still, it roars in pain from the impact.

Perin makes it to the guard and manages to find a pulse. He spends time trying to staunch the flow of blood from the deep claw wound.

GM: still the pc's turns.
I assumed Perin went to help the guard who was slammed and not the guard who has been on the ground since the bear escaped.

SunGold

First Post
Bree winces as Veit slams the bear. Her mind races as she scrambles for a good way out of this.

It occurs to her that with two guards down, they needed her friends' help badly. Maybe she could leverage that. "Wait!" she calls out to her friends. "Don't help them yet." She looks at the nearest guard, her expression furious.

"Give us the bear! You shouldn't have this - we'll clean up your mess, but let us take this beast home."

The guard who was closest to the bear as his friend was slammed says, "You can have him. I ain't paid enough for this." And he looks like he's going to run on his turn.

The guard who was next to the first injured guard says, "We are sure you can be paid well if you get the bear back in the cage."

Thateous

Explorer
"Oh my, that looked rather painful." Everett says as the man is batted away like a fly. He continues to move his bonfire ever closer to the bear in a attempt to herd the animal back into the cage. "Is he going to be alright?" he calls to Perin as she rushes to his aid.

SunGold

First Post
Bree nods, relieved that the guards don't seem up for a fight over this. "I'm not giving it to anyone who's paying. It's going home, to the forest."

She adds her own illusory flames near Everett's, helping to corral the bear toward the cage.

Last edited:

Veit (and anyone else who hits DC 15),
As you watch the bear being herded toward the cage by the fires, you notice the cart the cage sits on is tipped backward a bit more than before. About ten feet away from the front of the cart you see a man leading a horse away and, conspicuously, there's no longer a horse attached to the cart. The man looks over his shoulder at you and immediately starts to lead the horse off the road, between a couple buildings.

Remove ads