[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pelegon gladly accepts some of the healing Surina can provide, but is eager to get the bridge across the water.

Along with the villagers, the monk braves the freezing water. He is having a lot of trouble, however...

OOC: @ArwensDaughter No more than 2 hp please; I can heal a bit myself. :)

I say we save the potions for later, but that's just me.

Brother Pelegon athletics: 1D20 = [7] = 7
Hmm... :(
 
OOC: if it won't delay getting the former captives out of danger, Surina will use a healing potion. But she wont prioritize her own health over saving the villagers.


Once the bridge is across the water, Surina wades in, holds it stead, and starts encouraging the villagers to go across. The cold water felt refreshing, at least at first.
OOC: As a Silver Dragonborn, Surina is resistant to cold damage. So she will wait until all the villagers are safe before getting out.
 
Last edited:

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: There is plenty of time for people to drink potions without having any impact on the time to get the villagers to safety. Anyone who feels they need to take a potion should.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Everett says, "We can't wait. We need to leave now. There's no way we can travel with all these people stealthily." He continues, "I'm tapped out on major spells so I'm of no use trying to stop the Lizardfolk from following us. I'll lead the villagers out. You guys keep the stragglers from being recaptured. And try to slow down anyone coming after us." He starts to lead them toward human civilization as soon as the majority of them are on shore.

As the last few stragglers are pulled up on shore, someone spots a couple rafts being poled by lizardfolk guards coming down the river. (There are just entering the last map at A45.) They are still too far away to throw their spears at anyone but they are travelling with the current.

GM: I'm not going to make a map as I assume you will want to slip into the more wooded parts of the swamp rather confront them in the open. You initially see two flat bottomed boats approaching, the second one is about a minute behind the first. One of the villagers says they've seen four or five of those boats once and they can fit 3-5 warriors each.

Anyone who wants to know how many potential warriors are coming your way, make a Perception check. Anyone exclusively helping the stragglers get out of there, make an Athletics check. Successes on this check indicates how much further away from the lizardfolk you end up before you have to engage them straight up.

Anyone can read this:
There was one failure and thus the guards are here to see you disappear into the woods. Had there been a second failure, there would have been 30 people still crossing the stream at this point.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Swithun ran up and down the line of stragglers, encouraging both rear and van to move as quickly as possible. When he returned to the rear, he rose up on his hind legs to look for pursuing lizardfolk.

OOC: I can't seem to copy/paste my roll on my phone. RollID: 231888 (21 perception). I will come edit this with the roll when I get on a computer.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pelegon stands on the shore, ushering the last people onwards.

"Hold my jug," he says without looking at who takes it, helps a young boy out on the shore, then realizes an even younger girl is taking off with his liquor.

"Ey, come back," he yells, going after the girl, startling her and making her run back to the water to one of the older stragglers getting onto dry land. Pelegon sloshes behind, but the water makes the slope slippery and the aasimar falls facedown into the water...

OOC: Natural 1 on my Athletics check... :(

Brother Pelegon athletics: 1D20 = [1] = 1
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Swithun can tell there are five lizardfolk who will be attacking in under a minute. There are also another dozen or so about a minute behind them.

Bro P and the girl fall into the river and are washed downstream about 200 feet before they can get back to shore. The girl, once she hits the water, stops fleeing from the monk and clings to him as they crawl back on shore. None of the lizardfolk seem to know Bro P and the girl are separated from the villagers. (Only Swithun noticed them finally getting to shore.)

Surina sees Bro P and the girl swept away and (I assume) feels the greater good is staying with the larger group of escapees. She helps stragglers stay one step ahead of the chasing warriors.

Drake is with those in the rear, I suppose.

Everett and Perin are deeper into the swamp with the head and middle of the pack of villagers respectively.

Several villagers are in the rear with Swithun and Surina, wielding scimitars in the face of the lizardfolk warriors. One of them ran after Bro P and the girl and even Swithun loses sight of him. One of the others says something about that being the girls uncle.

GM: Initiative.

At the moment, you are still fleeing and looking for a good place to make a stand. There isn't really anywhere but you're hoping to stumble over one.

Bro P is off map, but he will see combat so roll initiative too, JC.

I'll post a map once we have an initiative order. I'm leaving Perin and Everett out of this combat. They are 5-6 rounds away when combat starts plus the time for them to find out there is combat adds another 2-3 rounds.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pelegon is startled as the girl suddenly clings to him as they both struggle to get out of the water, but eventually they succeed.

The monk looks around. They’ve drifted off quite a bit, and Pelegon is sure lizardfolk raiders must be on the prowl. They’d best get back to the others.

He motions for the girl to be quiet as the aasimar decides on the best course of action.

OOC: I think CoyoteCode doesn’t like me anymore. That’s the third natural 1 in a row (for different games)...

Initiative Brother Pelegon: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3
 

Advertisement

Top