• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ic] nameless II: the seventh from seven

Velmont

First Post
Hewik sits down at the table. "What happened?" he take the mug he is offered and smell it. "Finally, I don't want to know. And I would prefer some water, hate the taste of the ale."

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Craddoc pulls up a chair next to Cromwell.

"My thanks to ye, lad. I dinnae think I could 'ave dealt wi that on my own. Name's Craddoc, member o' this part's militia."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"I'm no lad," says Cromwell seriously. "You'll address me as 'corporal,' soldier." There's a beat, and then he gives a big, tusky grin and slaps Craddoc on the back. "Thanks for the help. Might've kept it from getting ugly." He takes a drink. "Uglier."

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
ooc: Actually, with going back and looking through my notes, I think Cromwell's a Corporal. :)

Everyone, when you have finished here, just post up saying that your character retires to bed.

doghead

thotd
The night grows older (although it is yet still young). Within a quarter of an hour of things setting dopwn, Oscar is asleep on the table. Being taken to the edge of death ~twice~ in one day will tend to take it out of you. The three craftsmen have finished up and gone before the hour is out. And by the time they leave Lisa, leaning heavily on Archer, is almost asleep as well.

It seems that you and the Bremen are not the only people staying the night at the inn. A couple of people return shortly after the craftsmen leave, as does another a little later. They all look a little worse for drinking. Obviously, they had decided to take themselve to another establishment earlier on.

The party at the Bremen's table goes on strong. It seems that it has been a while since they could relax, and they are making the most of it. Ale is consumed in great quanties and at various points, music and song erupt from the table. There are at least several players on the table, and they seem to be in good spirits. Invitations are even extended to the others in the inn to join them.

Eventually, even the holdouts are worn out and retire for the night. The beds are firm but comfortable and the sheets old but clean. There is a slight chill in the air, but there are thick blankets for each of the beds. Eventually, silence and darkness fills the inn.

***​

ooc: I'm going to push it along. I'd prefer not to ghost Cromwell. Is anyone up for it?

***​

The sun has not even risen when Cromwell and Nate are awoken by a banging at their door. Cromwell, used to such early morning awakenings, is on his feet and at the door before they can rap on it again. Two members of the town guard, a Corporal and another, stand outside.

"Get the Seventh together and assemble downstairs immediately. The Captain wants a word."

Cromwell salutes and rather startles the two guards by striding past them and into the hall in nothing but his cottonware. :eek: He raps on the the doors of Sadolath, Archer and Lisa, and Hewik and Oscar, calling out for them to get up, get dressed and get downstairs. One of the other guests pokes his head out the door, but one look from Cromwell is enough to convince him that its not that big a deal.

DrZombie

First Post
Being used to the early hours as a joerneyman, Nate grumbles a bit and put on his armor.
Eeeuwk, I thought I'd get used to the smell by now. Nope, still stinks. Might not be the shirt though. He thinks as he suspiciously sniffs his armpits.
Bugger this, no wonder Lisa fell over. I thought she was just sleepy.

doghead

thotd
Nac Mac Feegle:
Craddoc is currently downstairs in the common room with the Captain. Currently he has a cot in the barracks. I'll tie him into the IC thread again in the next post. I should have let you know before. Sorry. A bit scattered these days. BTW: Craddoc knows why the Captain is here - so the news won't be news to him. But I'll let you find out find out with the other players.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads