log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E (IC) (OneShot) JustinCase's Within The Circle

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Awaiting post from [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] for Magdalena before resolving this round.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening
Round 0

With her goblin opponent backing off, Magdalena took the opportunity to charge at King Krig and help Gorir. She lashed at the goblin boss with her dagger and torch. Unfortunately, Krig ducked her dagger. The torch caught him, but did little damage through his armor.

OOC: I am having the worst luck with this dagger…


[sblock=Actions]
Action: Dagger, bless: 1D20+1D4+5 = [2]+[3]+5 = 10
1D4+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Move: To Krig
Bonus Action: Torch, bless: 1D20+1D4+5 = [19]+[4]+5 = 28
1D4+1 = [1]+1 = 2

Reaction: Opportunity attack: 1D20+1D4+5 = [13]+[1]+5 = 19
1D4+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions: Blessed
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 8/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 0/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
James sits over the lifeless body of Thadius, his desperate attempts to massage life back into the noble having no effect. A frightening death throe escapes from the corpse, and realization sets in that the tiefling has truly passed from this world.

Gorir, a quiet anger fuelling attacks, slams into the goblin in front of him with his warhammer, the damage enough to knock the creature to the ground, lying still. The dwarf swings his hammer around and the heavy head slams into Chief Krig’s side.

The goblin king staggers, but ducks just in time to avoid Magdalena’s dagger. Her followup attack with the torch, however, hits it although the damage is minimal.

The other still standing goblin, seeing his chance as Magdalena passes it by in order to attack its chief, runs out the door, narrowly avoiding a collision with Traubon in its hurry.

Seeing all of its subject dead or fleeing, and itself surrounded by enemies twice its size, Chief Krigs grimaces awkwardly. Lowering its rapier, it takes a defensive posture and says timidly, ”Parley?”

OOC: Goblin 3 is killed by Gorir, who then hits Krig.
Goblin 4 flees.
Krig dodges and attempts to negotiate.

I did not see how much damage Magdalena’s torch did, so not sure of the exact hp of Krig now.

What do you do?
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
[sblock=Thadius]
Thadius hears... silence. He’s not sure how, but he knows he hears silence as more than the absence of sounds.

He opens his eyes and sits up. Two goblins stand to one side, seemingly at a loss. A talk, dark figure emerges behind them, a scythe appearing that cuts through the goblins.

Instead of seeing the expected bloodshed, the goblins stand unharmed. In fact, the start to move away from what Thadius now sees is their lifeless bodies. With a snap of his fingers from the mysterious figure, a portal appears before the goblin souls, and they pass through it quickly before it closes.

The figure then moves towards Thadius. Now that he gets closer, the tiefling can see that the figure is nothing but bones, a human skeleton dressed in a black robe and carrying a scythe.

A voice like tombstones resounds in Thadius’ head without the inconvenience of travelling through his ears.

MISTER THADIUS RIEGN WESTBROOK THE THIRD. I AM SORRY FOR YOUR FAMILY’S LOSS.

With a swing from it’s scythe, Thadius feels the connection to his mortal body sever, and he looks down to see the last breath escape his corpse.

His corpse.

PLEASE FOLLOW ME, the figure continues, and leads him to a suspiciously normal looking white horse, which Thadius knows wasn’t there a moment ago.

Looking at a strange hourglass, with most but not all sands on the bottom, the skeleton nods to the horse.

BINKY WILL BRING YOU AND RETURN YOU WHEN IT IS TIME. I HOPE YOU LIKE FRIED FOOD.

With that, the figure vanishes, going from there to not-there in the blink of an eye. Uneasily, Thadius gets astride the horse, and holds on.

So he rides into the distance, beyond the horizon, beyond time, beyond everything.
@EarlyBird [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening
Round 0

OOC: Magdalena’s torch did only 2 damage (1 bludgeoning, 1 fire).


Magdalena kept her dagger ready, aimed at Krig. “Drop your sword, and we can talk,” she said. “You have no more allies. Only our mercy stands between you and your evil gods. And our mercy is not infinite”

Intimidation: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions: Blessed
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 8/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 0/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The sword clatters on the stone floor before Magdalena finishes talking. Chief Krig holds its arms out to the sides, palms up.

”Did Belig put you up to this?” it starts, obviously misunderstanding.

”Wretched one been trying to get my crown for months. I’ll pay you double what he gave you!”

OOC: Thanks.

Chief Krig AC16 11/28
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening
Round 0

Magdalena sheathed her dagger and picked up Krig’s rapier. She gave a few flourishes with it. Not the best, but better than a dagger.

“Belig is dead. We killed him. He was running a protection racket on the human village. We were hired to sort it out. Now why were you poisoning the villagers?” Magdalena demanded, pressing the point of his own rapier to Krig’s throat. “And you drove out the muckdrakes from their home.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions: Blessed
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 8/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 0/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: The rapier is a fine one, but still just a rapier.

Please make a Deception check about Belig being dead.
 




JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: I'll give [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] another day or two to respond, then I'll get things moving again.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: I'll give [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] another day or two to respond, then I'll get things moving again.
Sorry. I have gotten behind. I thought we actually had killed Belig! Lol On my phone, so away from character sheet, but I can roll a d20.

[roll0]

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Chief Krig’s face goes through many emotions after hearing about Belig’s supposed death, the most obvious of those being sadness and relief.

”Always was trouble,” he says finally, then tells you that the poisoning of Thistle was accidental. Krig wanted to put the upstart Belig in his place and tasked him with cleaning out the privvy. Belig swept everything into the river, thereby making the village, depending on the river water for many things, very sick. Sensing an opportunity to gain not just wealth but some authority to challenge the chief, Belig started to blackmail the town.

”The lizards are weak and don’t need such a big place,” the goblin continues. ”My family needed a home, so we took this one.”

He points to the formerly hidden door.

”I even found the secret place, which the lizards didn’t know. Perhaps if you open it and take whatever treasure inside, I will promise we’ll never bother anyone and we can stay here?”

His last words are sounding desperate.
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening
Round 0

Magdalena glared at Krig. “No, you cannot stay here,” she said. “You stole it from the lizard people. It is their home. You can find some other home. Or perhaps you can learn to share this one. If they let you. And they will not be your slaves.”

Magdalena looked over to the door Krig had indicated. Then she went over to the fallen Thadius. She knelt down and said a quick prayer for his infernal soul. “May Helm watch over you.” Then she left him to whatever god or devil claimed him.

“Let’s check that door. Perhaps there will be something of the Circle in there,” she said, keeping an eye on Krig. “Go to your womenfolk,” she told the goblin boss. “Make whatever preparations you need to leave. But cross us again, and our mercy is at an end.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions: Blessed
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 8/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 0/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
This preachy woman certainly did like to boss people around. Well now that the goblin was dealt with James heads over to the exploding for and does his thing.
OOC: [roll0]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Of course, merciful lady," Chief Krig mutters, then looks down at his own weapon in Magdalena's hand. After a split second, he seems to make a decision and bows slowly.

"I will gather my subjects and move out immediately," he proclaims, as if it was his idea in the first place, then, if nobody interferes, cautiously moves around the intruders and out of the room, towards the nursery and the females' rooms.

James moves towards the door and is about to inspect is up close when something clicks, and so does something in his pocket. As the door opens of its own volition, James realizes that the signet ring the Baron gave you, magically unlocked the door.

After a moment or two of tense waiting, the door is open and nothing has exploded.

A corridor winds to the right, curling back left and out of view. Unlit torches line the walls. Dust covers the floor, untouched by any footprints.

OOC: I realized it was never specified who among you carried the Baron's ring, so for convenience, I elected to let James have it on him.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
As soon James hear the click he freezes then he realises it came his pocket and he wasn't burning alive or flying across the room. "I think the ring opened this door." James sees peering in
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top