[IC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Hero
"Watch out for this one," Shendra says, eying Teodor with a bit of exaggerated suspicion (and a bit of unexaggerated suspicion) . "I knew such a devilish rogue in my younger days an-" she suddenly catches herself. "Well, maybe that is a story for another time..." she quickly recovers, but with a hint of something in her voice.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Professor Randolph Smarz - Mycologist

As Randolph wanders about, he notices a knot of folks that he has seen about town, even at the apothecary, in what appears to be a friendly conversation. He pause, and leans casually on a post to watch and listen - humans are such curious folk, as was his father. He smiles as he tries to follow the banter.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Upon spotting him, the young girl in the loose dress actually smiled back (was he the one she'd been looking for?). She opened the lid on the basket and carefully presented the alchemist with a single oiled-paper papillote, the intensity of her smile growing...

https://thevigorouschase.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/cartouche-3.jpg except the writing is a Tian character drawn with more enthousiasm than skill :)
What does Randolph look like today by the way?

G

Guest 11456

Checking out the Circle Market you are able to find some bargains:

Binder Fred: Teea has found a great buy. Some quality venison (5 pounds) and vegetables (2 pounds) for 4sp. You apparently caught the merchant when she was about to close early for the day and she was trying to get rid of as much inventory as possible.

Kaodi: Lunysh has found exactly what she was looking for. The courtier's outfit & jewelry for 8gp. The items were in a set that had been marked as damaged but inspecting them you have found no damage. Perhaps they were mislabeled.

Shayuri: Mei has found a vial of ink for 8sp. It appears to have been decorated by a child and merchant did not realize what was contained in the vial.

Scotley: Teodor has found a masterwork backpack for 5gp. It looks well worn so you assume that the merchant did not know what he had.

Scott DeWar: Randolf has found a jar of liquid ice for 4gp. It appears to have been decorated by a child and merchant did not realize what was contained in the jar.

Deuce Traveler: Michael has found a masterwork greatsword for 35gp. It appears to have been poorly upkept and thus looks to be a poor blade. But you are sure that a little polish and it will be just as good as new.

OOC: You can Roleplay the transactions with your merchants. Just let me know if you are taking your bargain or deciding to wait for something else.

Kaodi

Hero
Once dispersed Shendra takes a leisurely stroll through the Circle while searching for the appropriate vendors. Clothiers, tailors, and whoever might have a mix of goods for sale. She is initially met with disappointment but while thumbing through some dresses in a mobile wardrobe a swath of rich red fabric catches her eye. Sendra gently pulls the other items to the side so that she may get a closer look, and then her eyes begin sparkling as they open wide. This is just what she had been hoping for! Now, what about the price...

Seeing that something has caught Shendra's eye the merchant steps up beside her. "You have excellent taste, madam, but unfortunately this item has been damaged." He pulls a small key from his pocket which he uses to unlock a drawer in an adjacent cabinet. "There is some jewelery that goes along with it, but surely a refined woman such as yourself would prefer something in proper condition." He pulls out a number of rings, bracelets, and a striking necklace.

Shendra bites her lip in a decidedly unrefined fashion. It was just what she wanted, a dress like none she had ever had before in this life or her previous one. If there was damage or a defect, perhaps she could mend it with a spell or otherwise make do with the rudimentary sowing skills her mother had impressed upon her. "How much?" she asked, feigning confidence.

The merchant looks her up and down with an appraising look. "Well, for you I think I could part with these for, say, eighty silver. A bit of a loss for me all told but it is not doing me any good just sitting there either."

Shendra's eyes twinkle as she says with her biggest, warmest smile, "I'll take it."

Scotley

Hero
Teodor looks the bag over. "Hmmm, might be nice to have a well used bag for dirty work in the field." He tugs the straps and checks the seams to be sure it is sound. He looks at the merchant and considers haggling over the price, but decides he is getting a more than fair deal already. He nods and hands over the five gold. He slips the pack on and rejoins his friends, a slight smile on his face at the his good fortune.

Binder Fred

The young girl retracted her proud creation, clouds coursing over her features...

"Bored now," she declared.

Without further ado, Teea locked hands with Mei Ying and pulled her towards the shoping stalls.

Shayuri

First Post
Mei Ying hands over the silver to the shopkeeper, a little melancholy about the hard choices she had to make. On the one hand, it seemed wrong to deny this merchant the value of his wares. On the other, she'd need ink, and was running precariously low on coin. She was down to her last bottle now...having two would be a valuable safety margin.

She would make it up to the man later, Mei decided. There was a debt owed, even if he didn't know it. On her honor, she would repay that debt.

Then there was a tug on her hand. Teea was hauling her off to yet more stalls. Such a spirited girl, though regrettable her parents had not taught her better of courtesies.

Mei went along, as much to keep an eye on Teea as out of any interest in the stalls or their wares.

Binder Fred

Teea stored the venison and fresh vegetables in her basket -- five ponds of one and two of the other. If she felt her purchases were somewhat mundane compared to the wonders of the others, especially Shendra's, she didn't let it show.

She did hold up one of Shendra's new earrings to her own ear, gazing at herself in a canted silver platter.

Kaodi

Hero
"Here," says Shendra, lifting up the necklace as she steps behind Teea. "You will get a better look with this on." The seer undoes the clasp and slips it around the young woman's neck. She looks over Teea's shoulder into the reflection. "I doubt we would be able to find another bargain quite like the one I got on these," Shendra says. "But we could give it another look if you wish. There were a couple dresses that caught my eye that would be lovely on you." She pauses a moment as her gaze drifts to her own face. "The finer things in life ought to be enjoyed... as long you can afford them."

Remove ads