[IC] Return of the Runelords

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Teea eyes widened on the last part: Outdoors? she boggled, looking down at the beautiful dress, at the others Shendra had piled up around them.

"We... are shopping for a dress to go outside?"

The idea had obviously never crossed her young mind.

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra reflexively retreats half a step, a bit apprehensive. "I suppose that might not be one of your criteria," she says pursing her lips and eying the young woman up and down once more. "But experience has taught me to prefer things that will at least stand a chance if I have mud up to my ankles."

Binder Fred

A puzzled frown at the older woman's reaction.

"I was thinking... harvest festival?" in just a handful of days. Was that wrong?

(Mud- Mud up to your ankles??)

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra, noticing that Mei Ying seems to be a bit off in her own world, gives the scholar's sleeve a light tug. "What do you think?"

Shayuri

First Post
Mei Ying blinks and focuses on Shendra blankly for a moment, then calls up the conversation she hadn't been concentrating on from her memory. A dress for outside was it?

"It is written that for each thing there is a purpose," she replies gently, "That which it is most perfectly suited for. If it is one's intent to tread into deep mud, then garb suited for that purpose is what should be sought."

"I would think that trousers are generally better suited for such travels than dresses, though I have seen that in these lands dresses are sometimes made shorter and looser than I am accustomed to. Even so, I must ask...what purpose do you propose she put this dress to?"

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra lets out an exasperated sigh. She still had the sensibilities of a country girl, but her two companions were perhaps more accustomed to paved streets and indoor revelry. She gestures to the blue and white sun dress that Teea is wearing now and says, "Sometimes you just need a nice dress suitable for many types of occasions." Her gaze then shifts to look over the assemblage of fabric and she adds, "I suppose this would look nice for a festival with a garland and flowers in your hair. But was there anything else you might of had your eye on?"

Binder Fred

Heading back in the young girl sadly trailed her small hand on the cuff of the beige dress, feeling the linked bumps of the embroidery...

The second dress was much more colourful, with bodice and upper arms of patterned violet, the sleeves and skirts of pale pink. It barely skimmed the ground too!

[sblock=Violet & pink] vestidos-de-princesas-medievales-82-2.jpg [/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
The seer slowly circles Teea again, eyebrows arched as she looks over the dress. As she comes around the other side her head nods up and down slightly a few times. "That is more the spirit," Shendra says approvingly. "You still get those long sleeves, but a splash of colour makes all the difference. And even if the hem gets a bit wet or dirty it will not become a sodden mess."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Checking out the Circle Market you are able to find some bargains:

Scott DeWar: Randolf has found a jar of liquid ice for 4gp. It appears to have been decorated by a child and merchant did not realize what was contained in the jar.

OOC: You can Roleplay the transactions with your merchants. Just let me know if you are taking your bargain or deciding to wait for something else.

Randolph lets his face crack a grin as he sees the vial, "How quaint. How much? He is told the price and he hems and haws for a bit then finally gives in, paying the price.

He looks around at the many and diverse people around not sure what to do now.
[sblock]I will have more posted later. I got abducted by wild gypsies. [read: MY brother took me to a hockey game!][/sblock]

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

CLASH AT CIRCLE MARKET

You spend several hours milling through the various wares. It seems that each of you was able to find some sort of bargain. Local codger Bimmer “Possum” Coots is at the Circle Market, of course, as he is every week, selling cups of “possum punch” from his wooden cart not far from the old well at the circle’s eastern side. As the afternoon winds down, a group of nine men and women converge on Possum’s stand to drink punch and talk with each other.

OOC: We can finish out any updates to the purchases after the current encounter. Everyone please make Perception, Sense Motive, Knowledge (local), Knowledge (arcana) and Knowledge (history) checks. For those without the relevant skills remember that Perception and Sense Motive are Wisdom based skills and can be used untrained. The Knowledge skills are of course Intelligence based skills and can be used untrained up to a DC of 10. So everyone can go ahead and make the five checks whether trained or not. You may use the EN World dice tool or some other one as long as it can be linked to and then link that in your post.

Remove ads