[IC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra tries moving the box itself, lifting it up and looking at the bottom to see if anything is underneath it or attached to the underside.

G

Guest 11456

The box is much heavier then it should be. It feels like it is somewhere around 30 to 40 pounds.

Kaodi

Hero
"That's not right," the seer says as she heaves the box. Letting it down she breathes another small sigh. "I had hoped to avoid this until we had made our first pass across the whole house, but..." With that she traces some symbols in the air and whispers the words to one of the most fundamental of spells, one that will let her perceive the presence of magic. She scans the box - and, for now, the section of this floor that they have yet to explore.

OOC: Casting detect magic. I did not want to have to resort to this spell until it was time to 'double check' the house but some things happened today and maybe it is time to use all available means to speed things up.

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra picks the box up again and flips it upside down. If there is not an invisible person or object inside of it then she is at a loss. "Does anyone else have any ideas on how an old box that does not appear to be magical weighs as much as a gnome?" she asks of her companions.

G

Guest 11456

Michael comes into the room and examines the box. "Look here!" He shows that there is a concealed space in the bottom. Opening up the space he pulls out a gold bar and looks inside. "There are eight more in there." He pulls them out and puts them in his pack. "This just got a bit more lucrative, eh Teea? This is why you take your time my impetuous niece."

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra's eyes sparkle at the find, but after a second she tries to restrain herself - a little. "We should consider putting much of that towards the task at hand," she says. "The last thing we need is for the resident spirits to decide that we are common thieves."

In any case with that out of the way the seer takes a brief look through the window then continues onto the next door on the opposite side of the stairway.

G

Guest 11456

The group repositions and then Shendra opens the next door. Inside she finds that the leather of the room’s two large chairs seems mostly intact, but stuffing covers the ground beneath them and has been strewn about. Broken glass glitters on the floor, and a low table lays on its side, the drawers from a small cabinet on the ground beside it. A draft from a broken window stirs the moldy drapes, and a crooked painting of a sailing ship at sea bears a lengthy rip through the canvas.

OOC: Map

Kaodi

Hero
The oracle looks at the stuffing on the floor - that sort of thing does not usually accomplish itself. "I smell a rat," she says before entering. Shendra wants to get a look at that painting. If you were going to hide a map somewhere in the painting of a sailing ship seems as good a place as any. And if not, well, perhaps her magic could repair the rip in the canvas, if the overall condition is not too bad, and they could take the painting back to the Cove to hang in the inn or something.

OOC: I tried to roll a 1d20+5 Perception check on Coyote Code but it seems to be not working for me at the moment.

Edit: Scott DeWar PMed me and with this Coyote Code link: Perception for Kaodi: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18. I cannot tell if he rolled it himself or just found my list of rolls and linked it because when I clicked the link it was not loading. I think it might just be my Internet being a pain in the butt though.

Last edited:

Remove ads