log in or register to remove this ad

 

[IC] Return of the Runelords


log in or register to remove this ad


Tailspinner

Explorer
Everyone tries to get comfortable to sleep except Michael who has taken first watch. As he is just getting settle in he hears the flapping of wings a bit too late. He sees a flying creature coming at him, but misses the one that attaches itself to his arm. It drains some blood from the fighter (1 point of Con damage). Roll for initiative, Michael only.
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Wha...!?" groan "Can't an old dwarf have his sleep?"
Despite his grousing, old one gets on his feet eventually and looks warily around. Not seeing anything amiss except dancing Michael, he approaches the warrior.

Init: 1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Michael raises the alarm (anyone can awaken this round and act next round). Michael is able to grab the creature from off his arm. The other creature tries to attack Michael but misses. The one in Michael's hand tries to break free but is unable to.

Everyone else roll initiative and post actions. There are two stirges. One flying near Michael and the other in currently in Michael's hand. No map.

OOC:
8 Michael
7 Stirges
4 Drath
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"No, don't take her away from me..." moans a groggy Shendra with a hint of urgency as she stirs from sleep. The seer wraps her hand around the spear lying next to her bedroll and struggles to her feet, her tresses now a bit disheveled. She casts about a very unamused gaze for the source of her discontent, eyes only widening slightly when it comes to rest on one of the flying pests. "Not these again."

The oracle almost stumbles as she steps forward to try and skewer the flying creature menacing Michael and while her wakefulness is rapidly returning her effort may have been sufficiently hampered by her state.

OOC: Initiative: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19
Attack: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12
1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6


I suppose Shendra will try and flank if possible to do so without taking an AoO.
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael tries to bludgeon the creature he has in his hand onto the ground.

OOC: I'm guessing that I don't have to make an attack roll since its already grappled in my hand and with a plus 5 to strength damage, that thing should be dead. If I'm wrong and need to make a roll, let me know.
 


Tailspinner

Explorer
Teodor hits the flying stirge with a dagger. Shendra misses with her attack. Michael squeezes and gets stirge guts and blood all over his hand. That one is dead. The remaining stirge tries to attack Michael but misses. Michael gets an Attack of Opportunity on the attacking stirge.

OOC:
07 Stirges
04 Drath
23 Teodor
19 Shendra
08 Michael
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Drath is still slow especially with the small thing flying erratically around. He swings powerfully enough, but not even close to the creature. He moves to stand in front of his animals in case the stirge decides they make better meal than humans.


OOC: Changing the spell selection to combat suite, except replacing Ice armor with Cure Light Wounds
So:
Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Mudball, Stone Shield
 


Tailspinner

Explorer
The final stirge is spattered. End of combat. Michelle seems to have slept through the whole thing. Otherwise the night passes uneventfully. Michael's Con damage is healed. The next morning everyone prepares and is ready to go. Where to now?
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Can we get either a rough map of the area or a description of where we are compared to where we know some other locations to be. I'm thinking we seek out the goblins, but I'd like more info.
 



Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm too old for this $h*t. Couldn't the runes come up some 30 or 50 years ago..." grumbles the old dwarf as he checks the wounds on Night.
"Good girl, you will not have to carry this old bag of bones today. Heal properly."
And to the group in general he indicates the dog.
"Snow could track the bandits if we decide we don't want them behind our back."

OOC:
Weren't we looking for the bandits and goblins were next on the list. This, after we met with the bandits on the road.
 


Tailspinner

Explorer
As a reminder from Lullaby you learned: 'There are two ways into the hill. There is the Bramblemouth cave which is where a tribe of goblins are and there is the stonehouse which is where most of my gang is.' To be precise, which route are you planning on using?
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We should clear the bandits first. Goblins are easily recognizible as dangerous and mostly are not dangerous for well equipped caravans. While humans can inflitrate, act, distract...and be more vicious."
Drath trudges alongside the pony, longer strides of his companions making him hustle. For the moment, old one looks spry enough to keep it up.
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top