D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Gnolls at Nandar Lodge
NandarLodge4.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Trees, Rocks, Water; Visibility: Dim (Dusk), Dark under trees; Cover: Walls, Rocks
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Dornuk AC18* HP 53/71 HD 0/6 PP14* MA 3/3 BM 3/3 dc15
Escella AC14 HP 20/33 HD 0/6 PP18 SSdc13 3/4 3/3 2/2 SP 2/5
Helgrim AC19 HP 58/58 HD 0/6 PP11* SD 0/5d8 dc15
Lionel AC16 HP 51/51 HD 4/6 PP14
Tommi AC14 HP 18/39 HD 3/6 PP17
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 15/45 HD 1/6 PP13* SSdc14 2/4 1/3 1/3
(NPCs)
Oh-Six AC13(18) HP 22/22 HD 4/4 PP15(20)* Shock+5,1d8; SSdc13 2/3 fly60'
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
"Flind" AC14 HP51/65 PP10*
Hyena "Worg" AC13 HP27/27 PP12*
Gnolls AC14 HP22ea PP9*
-Gn1 22/22; Gn2 0/22 (dead);
-Gn3 1/22; Gn4 7/22;
GM: End Round Three; Begin Round Four
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Escella Bok
AC 14; HP 20/33; HD 0/1d8 0/5d6 PP18 SS 4/4 3/3 2/2 SP 2/5 Concentration: Darkness

Agreeing with Vairar, Escella curses them for leaving the shelter. There could have been a dozen archers out there or multiple worgs and flinds. She shakes her head as she sends two blasts at the gnolls on Helgrim. The one barely holding on by a thread dodges the blast somehow. The other one dies as the blast rips into it.

EBs again Gnolls 3 and 4, one blast each: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10 misses gnoll 3
1D10+3 = [10]+3 = 13
1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20 kills gnoll 4
1D10+3 = [5]+3 = 8
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Focus on the others, lass!" Helgrim scolds as one of the gnolls in front of him gets ripped apart by Escella's magic, the old warrior not willing to admit out loud she did a fine job. Crushing the remaining gnolls skull with his hammer, the dwarf does not wait for it to drop to the ground before sprinting towards where he saw the flind cross the river.

OOC: Thanks @jmucchiello ! Helgrim's just a grumpy old dwarf. ;)

Warhammer attack on gnoll 3: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24
1D8+6 = [4]+6 = 10


Then Move as straight for the flind as possible (avoiding difficult terrain if it's not too far out).
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Escella dropped one of the gnolls towering over Helgrim, and the old dwarf took out the other. Clambering over the old foundation, the dwarf set out at a run as fast as his short legs could go, heading to help Lionel against the largest, scariest of their opponents. He didn't get far.

OOC: Basically what it says. Gn3 & G4 are down.
 


Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Lionel had dropped his crossbow. No, you can do this! he told himself. You know where to strike. Lionel managed to convince himself that this was just a big bad dog and nothing to fear as he drew his sword. Just put it in its place.
Lionel waited for the moment the flind swung his flail behind it and then sliced the big bad dog in the leg. The flind did not seem to notice the cut and kept swinging and setting up a devastating blow. Lionel feinted left and right, and then turned and ran towards Dornuk and Tommi.

Note: The flind has yet to roll his Charisma (deception) check against Lionel's Insightful Fighting roll, which was 21 (post 2611). Insightful Fighting lasts for a minute until done again on a different target.
Action: Short sword attack and damage, incl sneak attack damage: 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15
1D6+4+3D6 = [4]+4+[2, 1, 1] = 12
Bonus Action: Cunning Action - Disengage
Move: 30' to AD24, or so.
Reaction: Uncanny Dodge
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lionel stabbed the big gnoll, ducked, and ran. The flind ran after him, swinging its flail overhead and howling like mad laughter. It slammed the spikey heads into Lionel's back, and the halfling rolled forward, lessening the impact. Even still, his back stung painfully from the blow.

OOC: Lionel did 12 to the Flind and took 11(5 after dodging) and another 7 poison if he fails a dc13 con save.
 



Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi doubles back to where Lionel is, and launches the remaining stone at the massive jackal creature. His sling is twisted, though, and he is unable to load it properly and the stone drops to the ground uselessly.

OOC: Apologies. Don't think Oh-Six can arrive in time to provide Help, but SA comes from Lionel being adjacent.

Move and bonus Dash to AD26.
Attack: 1d20+7=8. Fumble.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.

MetaVoid

Adventurer
Vairar smiles grimly at the gnoll.
"Do you know about catch 22?" he asks in common before mouthing a short prayer
Striking the gnoll with a solid hit, its fur stands on its end as lightning plays over it and slight shimmer can be seen around it.
"My goddess will punish you for attacking me. And for running away. Drop your weapons!"
He repeats it in orcish, just in case


Attack gnoll archer; damage; booming blade damage; wrath of the storm reaction damage: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
1D8+2+1D8 = [4]+2+[7] = 13
1D8 = [5] = 5
2D8 = [7, 7] = 14

Opportunity attack; damage: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5


So: hit for 13 damage

If it moves: 5 more lightning damage
If it doesn't disengage: 5 more from OA
If it attacks it takes 14 damage (Dex save for half) lightning damage and is pushed 10' away (to prevent the second attack if any, no save)

In any combination it takes at minimum 18 damage (if it saves or disengages) or dies :D
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Flind began to laugh as Lunn hacked into it, a strange barking sound. The laughter was echoed by the other gnoll, with a red madness in its eyes. Suddenly, the gnoll's head lunged at Vairar, all teeth, and it bit at the elf's scarred face, before being blown back by wind and crackling lightning.

Tommi dropped his stone, but Oh-Six shone a light on where it went, and the lad was able to grab it, place it in his sling, and make a quick throw as the orb buzzed around the laughing monster's head. The stone struck the Flind in the throat, and the laughter choked silent. The creature staggered coughing, and Lunn struck off its head with his axe.

OOC: Gn1 bit Vairar for 5 before WotS killed it. Lunn slashed up the flind (25); Tommi fumbled, but Oh-Six could help, so I'm just gonna let him finish it off.


GM: Fight's over.

NandarLodge5.jpg
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi sits on the ground.

He is hurt, and it's not for a good reason, and he's embarrassed and angry at himself. He's sure he'll be fine by morning if he gets a good night's sleep, but doesn't want to let the others know he's as hurt as he is.

"I'll take the first watch, he says. "You should all rest."
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
A cool, damp dawn came to the Daggerfordians camped at the ruins of Nandar Lodge. In spite of the trouble the night before, the old lodge's foundation made for a surprisingly comfortable campsite, and despite a few aching bound recent wounds, they were ready to face their next challenge.

OOC: I believe that the plan is to find out why the gnolls are so riled up. Westward ho?
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: =long rest? short rest?


Tommi wakes and feels better. He looks at the gnoll corpses in the morning light, making the rounds, as it were. Ensuring they were dead, and recalling their horrific cackle.
 





Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top