D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

"Why are we running inside into the complete unknown?" Escella says to Vairar. "What happens if we need to run out and these worgs are hanging around the door?"

OOC: She's holding an attack on whichever worg gets around either corner first.

Vairar frowns
"Because the door is a defensible choke point. And nothing is attacking from the inside. Besides, if we didn't want to enter, why did we force the door. Now that the noise happened, we need to establish a secure room before something breaks in from the other side."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lunn returns with his hand axe at the ready.
"Calm, elf, we'll live through this if we work together. Which isn't something this group does really, but if it did..."
Raising his voice a bit
"Tommi, Grottur! Get back here! You're out of easy support range!"

Move: AG41
Action: ready axe throw +5/1d6+3

"Or we secure our backs before going into the unknown," Escella says. "Right now, we can retreat entirely from this location. Once we go inside, if there is no escape route, we are trapped and must fight. Going inside while the exit is compromised is foolish. We stay here and defeat the worgs. If we can't defeat a couple big silly dogs. What are we doing going into the unknown? I'm certain whatever is in there is more dangerous than what's out here. And if we need to retreat from it, injured and exhausted, these silly dogs will be able to tear us apart. Secure your back before moving forward. The worgs will be at our backs once we go inside."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Both of you right. But if dogs are silly they are not threat. And no threat for the group. But we're constantly splitting. And the tribe split is tribe defeated."

Lunn waits for Tommi to rejoin them
"By waiting outside we're giving those inside time to set or activate traps and prepare ambushes."

"They are silly now while we are fresh," Escella says. "They won't be silly if we are desperate to escape. And no one is stopping you from going inside. Maybe whatever's inside can be provoked into coming outside to an ambush."

OOC: Just imagining the worgs are sitting on their haunches listening thoughtfully as we debate this. What actions are we waiting on?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As the others argued, Tommi, Grottur, and Oh-Six retreated, with the young man flinging a rock at the remaining visible hyena-creature. The beast took cover behind a tree, and began to taunt the Daggerfordians.

"Ya made a mistake comin' here" it said in a snarl marked by the occasional high-pitched yips, "Ya may think yer tough, killin' me pack-mates, but that ain't nothin'. Shabraga will bring 'em back. And ye'll be just as dead. Ya can't even find yer way through the door. Yer no match for this pack. No match at all."

OOC: Tommi did 15 to Worg3 who's now dodging behind cover.

Remove ads