D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Vairar looks up at the shooter and bathes it in the sacred flames before rushing behind the corner and out of sight of the window.

Action: Sacred flame, 2d8 radiant damage unless Dex save DC 14 is made
Move: S31

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Below the small broken stained-glass window, Lionel could see two gnolls guarding what had once been a majestic entrance hall (though rustic in the eyes of Waterdhavian nobility). Weathered oak floors, a stained old rug styled with the Phylund house crest, and the walls were hung with hunting trophies. The front doors were barred from the inside, and another set of oak doors led further into the lodge.

The gnolls paced the floor and listened for sounds from outside, but did not look up to see Lionel peering at them.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Looks like there's been a bit of confusion. Here's a map, showing what Lionel can see. No one can quite see into the room where the arrow came from, and the Gnoll who fired it has moved out of Escella's line-of-sight. But to be clear, it shot from the window at Z43ish. Lionel is looking through the window above him. I don't think @Neurotic has said what Lunn does, so he's just hanging back ATM. Tommi is more tucked in than he looks.

1666488682384.png

OOC: If I had known there was a corner so close, Escella would have ducked around it. And I have no idea why Vairar is so far away from the rest of us. But this is where we are I guess. I thought we had all turned the corner.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
If I had known there was a corner so close, Escella would have ducked around it. And I have no idea why Vairar is so far away from the rest of us. But this is where we are I guess. I thought we had all turned the corner.
OOC: I got the impression from your post that she moved back to where she could watch the makeshift arrow-slit for activity, but where she'd be hard to angle a shot at from there. If you want, she can go around the corner. She'd be safe, but she wouldn't be able to see the archer (which she can't do right this second, but she could ready a bolt in case he tries again). Meta/Vairar was the only one who gave me a specific location, so I put him there. The rest was up to my interpretation. (Well, Tommi & Lionel needed to be under the window). Feel free to just go where you want to be in a new post, and we'll assume you are there. We're not in rounds ATM.

When no additional arrows fire from the window, Escella moves up and around the corner. The goal is to get inside at the moment unless any other external defenders are encountered. "Shall we try these doors?" she whispers to those already around the corner.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"No, you should not." replied the hyena worg who had remained between the two northern buildings. "My ears are keen, and I hear you shuffling about and whispering!"

And he began a long, high-pitched howl.

Remove ads