• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Low-light vision lets you ignore Light Obscure cause by Dim Light, so the growrods and lightsaber radius of 'normal' light is the outer range (I wrote it on in the Species Section, "New Senses"). You can also set the glowrods to provide less light if you want. Without Darkvision you will need at least minimum light source to make it down the stairs unless you cling to the side wall and move very slowly

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
jumble drone whirr "The light from before is gone," mentions the gand before starting down, a gloved hand against the wall for support and guidance, one foot feeling for the next step.

OOC: Clinging it is. :)

Shayuri

First Post
"Maybe we can use the light's visibility to our advantage," Kacela muses. "I mean, the fact that they'll be able to see them and ready for us to come down. I could move a glow rod down the stairs with the Force. Maybe they'd see that light and open fire on it...giving us an opening to find cover at the bottom."

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna nods solemnly at Kacela's suggestion.

"It might help, but... If i were them, i'd use the force to see in this situation too. I'd hide somewhere, waiting, then strike us as we pass, using our blindness to their advantage.... But if i were them, i'd use a vibroblade in this situation rather than a lightsaber, to keep the area from being illuminated.

I suppose that's one disadvantage of using a lightsaber... They're a high visibility weapon.

I don't know. I'd prefer if we could all see around us, then deal with anything that comes from the darkness, as opposed to allow it to sneak up beside us while we are unaware... That's my thought anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forged Fury

First Post

Cal frowned, "Considering we know they've used snipers, I think illuminating ourselves without knowing the contours of the space below is a bad idea. But do what you will, I'm heading down. Keep your commlinks open, I'll relay anything I see or hear."

Having said his peace, Cal started down the stairs as quietly as he could; his glowrod was attached to his blaster carbine and remained off. The abruptness was a bit uncharacteristic of the medic, perhaps his mind was occupied by the potential annihilation of the planet if the team failed to stop the Sith from whatever they had planned.

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Cal starts slowly down the stairs in pitch blackness. He keeps one of his hands on the wall as a bare minimum for guidance, but he can't move fast as he has to 'feel' where the steps down are. One false step could send him tumbling down and over into the nothingness of the void...

GM: I am going to assume you can only move at 1/2 speed and you can't take the Dash action IF you want to play it safe and not have to make an Dexterity (Acrobatic) skill rolls. So you will be moving at 6 meters a round. Do you want to bring Thirteen down with you? His speed would be only 4 meters a round...

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
clicketty drone jumble "The walk of faith," mentions the gand as she calmly follows Cal into the darkness. clack drone guttural drone, clicketty hum jumble click "Please tell these ones if Cal Domaru slows or stops?"

She's ratcheted down her voice to a low 'whisper'.

GreenKarl

First Post
The five heroes took the lead, Cal in the front, followed by this Gand, Jihahna and Kacela and Reks following. Then the large battle droid, making more noise then all combine slowly started down. After a moment, Targo and Thirteen begin moving down at a slower pace but following none the less.

After three or four minutes of slowly descending deeper into the earth Cal started notices a pale blue light below. Within a minute it was light enough for him to see with the visor of his 'new' armor*. The stairs open in a large... no HUGE chamber (the ceiling is at least 30 to 50 meters high and at this end 100 meters wide. From the light breeze and shape you figure the chamber must go back at least a kilometer). Strange pyramid like buildings (some appear to be step-pyramids, some look like upside down pyramids, etc.) spread out before the heroes in every direction with many small side alleyways snaking between them. About twenty meters before the stairwell end there was a wide board roadway that leads somewhat north (based on your helm built-in compass) direction. It is where the soft glow bluish light is radiating from, somewhere forward between the buildings (they are blocking whatever is causing the glow but the light is still strong enough to illuminate the chamber).

As the heroes gathered at the bottom of the stairs Cal heard something... a soft scrap against the ground like something trying to move silently. It came from somewhere down between two of the buildings and along the board roadway... the way they needed to go.

GM: This area is Dim Light (light obscure) so anyone without Low-Light or Darkvision are at Disadvantage with Wisdom (Perception check) with visual perception checks. There are also pools of Total Darkness (heavy obscure) between many of the buildings.

Forged Fury

First Post

Cal stopped and held up his hand in a fist, the universal symbol to halt. Over his commlink, he said, "Contact, something's moving in one of the alleys off the main path. If we can get eyes on it, maybe we can flip the tables on them."

Last edited:

Remove ads