[IC] The Odd Job

"Faindil hold on that for a minute. I think I have a better solution for cooling the water."

She looks to the dwarf. "Do you mind?"

Asha waits for the dwarf to give his consent then steps over towards the quench tanks and raises her hand. Clutched there is a thin black rod. She mutters an incantation and points towards the tank. Frost forms over the outside of the tank and cold condensation streams down around the water as heat is drawn from the air and water in the tank.

"There the water should be cooler now. And I can do this again when needed."

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
The dwarf looks at Asha and raises an eyebrow... or you assume he does its hard to tell between the beard and the hair. As the air begins to freeze his jaw drops, he quickly composes himself and nods his head in thanks.

Finding the lumber mil is a simple task it is a large building in the center of a mass of tree stumps. The building is made from the sturdy yet flexible balgan wood indigenous to this region. The large double doors are slightly ajar and you can hear agonizing groans coming from inside along with gruff voice " 'it him agen need to make sure e 'derstands the accent is strange and certainly not from around these parts possibly from the mountains further north.

Outside the lumber mill, Aloysius holds up a grey palm to indicate the companions should stop. The sleeve of his coat drops a little with the movement and for a brief moment the eagle-eyed may have spotted a patch of missing skin. "Watch over me while I borrow".

Arms down again, he whispers to himself as his blue eyes change - still blue, but...now they are the eyes of his cat! The blue fills his eyeballs and his irises elongate.

Aloysius stands stock still as his cat Zeke jumps down from its place in the strange man's hood and looks up at the group. This close, the cat's irises are unmistakably human! The cat trots off smartly to explore the mill through a cat-sized vantage point and gain some knowledge of what is going on, looking through cracks in the wooden walls and peeking through the gap in the door, for all the world just a cat on the prowl...

OOC: Mentally ordering Zeke to scope it out and using my action to look through his eyes

Azurewraith

Explorer
Zeke enters through the gap in the door then nimbly jumping up a pile of chopped timber before hunkering down at the back of the stack. The scene below is illuminated by a flickering oil lantern turned on its side on the floor the flames cast odd shadows upon the wall there is a human being restrained or perhaps held up at this point his face is swollen and his Ginger hair matted with blood stood behind him is a stocky human with a cruel grin on his face reveals a set of small upturned tusks, he's no human at all but a half orc. The other figure in the room is a short human with a hoodded cloak pulled over their head making discerning who or what they are from this position difficult, however Zekes instincts are saying run and don't stop, something is off about this individual indeed. The hooded figure draws his arm back and throws a punch square into the gut if the Ginger youth who lets out a groan.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Kerzoth/Ivanhoe/Mill
Evening
Round 0

They trudged through the dark village streets toward the mill on behalf of the smith. Hrgach was starting to get a bit annoyed at playing errand boy, but he wanted his hundred gold. As they approached the mill, they heard voices inside, and they didn’t sound friendly.

Hrgach watched as the grey human worked some magic with his cat. Useful spell, that. There was the sound inside of a beating occurring. Quietly the hobgoblin slid the greatsword from the sheath on his back.

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 13/13 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 1/1d10
[/sblock]

His eyes returning to normal, Aloysius extends a thin, finely-carved wand and gestures with it, muttering something that sounds like "Zap" spoken in a sibilant, thick-throated language. From inside comes the sound of a cat yowling and a yell of pain. The cat yowl continues as a white streak shoots out of the door of the mill, running full tilt towards Aloysius.

OOC: Aloysius casts Shocking Grasp through Zeke, who he tells to streak at/past the person doing the punching, delivering the spell with his fluffy white tail. Of doom.
Attack roll: _: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
Damage: _: 1D8 = [1] = 1
Goddamnit. But the person can't take any reactions, if that helps. Not much, I guess. Hey. He's just a cat.

"I believe we are finding the apprentice. He is being tortured by a half orc and...another. Zeke and I have stunned the other - temporarily. Hrgach, this is looking like being your department?"

And with that he walks, ever so gracefully, towards the mill, his cat skidding to a halt and then trotting along beside his ankles.

Azurewraith

Explorer
The half orc is so shocked by what happens, there was a flash and a bzzzt and now his companion is howling in pain all he can see is a cat sauntering off. He quickly grabs his great axe from the floor. His companion draws a pair of short swords not looking to sure of himself.

OOC: I'm off to Work now so if you guys want to roll initiative and ponder your actions ill get back to you, ill roll initiative for any others and when I'm on my break the room is a 45ft square with the half orc stood next to the back wall. The body of the Ginger youth is on the floor infront of him, the other "thing" is 5ft in front of the orc. The double door is 10ft across on the left of it stretching 15ft along by 5 wide. On the right side of the room there are various instruments used for cutting and measuring wood

Azurewraith

Explorer
Aloy[roll0]
Hrgach[roll1]
Asha[roll2]
Faindil[roll3]
half orc[roll4]
thug[roll5]
So that's
Aloy
Faindil
Asha
Thug
Hrgach
Half orc

Aloys action. All currently outside the barn your opponents are on alert but not aware of you.

Last edited:

Aloysius peers through the crack, raises his wand, and with a flick of the wrist the tip pulses blue and three tiny blue swords of an ancient northern design fly out and into the mill.

OOC: casting Magic Missile. Two on the puncher and one on the half Orc. Damage = 8 to puncher and 4 to half orc: _: 1D4+1 = [3]+1 = 4

Azurewraith

Explorer
The swords streak through the air leaving a blue trail behind them they strike there targets dissipate back into the nothing from whence they came. The duo look dumfounded as to what just happened as they stagger back a couple of steps the puncher is unable to keep his footing hits the floor."Big mistake the orc yells as he points at the doorway, his companion is lying face down on the earthen floor

OOC: Faindil your up!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases