Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius passes near the monk table and says in draconic
"Please take care we're not attacked from behind. We'll talk in the morning."

He walks toward the exit.
"Come on! They need a lesson. Mourgrym, take the girl and lets go."

Shayuri

First Post
"You'd better not mean me with that," Shayuri grumps. She stands up and follows Marius and Morgrym as they head towards the door.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Oddfellows Inn
Night
Round 0

Morgrym nodded to Hagadark. “Tha’ ironskin an’ tha’ enlarge cuild be useful,” he admitted. He tended to be out front.

The dwarven druid got up with Marius and offered his hand to Adelia. “Stick close, luv,” he told the younger, attractive young dwarf. “Stay safe.” He flushed a bit beneath his dirty beard and followed the others outside. He pulled his battle axe out of the loop at his belt, though, to be ready, just in case.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Hagadark hands out several bottles to Marius and Mourgrym. "Gray one is ironskin. You could take it immediately. The other one will make you into a giant. Both will last for several minutes."

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The group bolts out of the Oddfellows, giving the watchers no time to react! When they rise, it seems too late for them to stop the group. Still, as they make their way out into the open, they don't have the same luck. Six others wait outside - three dwarves and two halflings, plus a tall, bearded man that looks in no mood for talking. All of them are covered in heavy capes, and everyone else seems to have left the area - probably foreseeing violence. Placed in trios, the group closes both sides of the street, preventing the companions from leaving. They keep their suspicious hands hidden under their coats, certainly armed and ready to fight.

"Leaving already?" - the toughest-looking halfling says in a rough, spiteful voice. "But we didn't even have the chance to talk... Catch up." - he smiles a crooked smile, calculating his steps and his distance. At this moment, the door behind gets closed with a strong "thump", soon followed by the windows. The way back has been cut.

"Yeah, yeah..." - a buffed, scared dwarf continues with his deep, coated voice. "And you look like such interesting fellows. Traveled, distinct. I like that..." - he eyes all of you with a maddened, disturbing glance.

"My friend here knows a story or two. C'mon, have a seat, listen to him. Drink. Stay. You'd regret... If you chose not to stay." - the halfling begins again, the tip of his sword showing from underneath his coat.

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @mataVoid

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Oddfellows Inn
Night
Round 0

Morgrym took the bottles from Hagadark. “Ta, orc,” he said. Since it looked like there might be a fight, he popped the cork on one of the ironskin bottles and guzzled it. It tasted like iron filings. He grimaced. “I’ve drunk worse,” he said, wiping his mouth and beard on his arm. He tucked the enlarge extract into his belt.
Morgrym grinned. “‘ave a drink? Dunnae mind if I dae,” he said, pulling the Enlarge extract from his belt. He pulled the cork with his teeth, spat it at the man, and then chugged.

Immediately he began to grow, grinning ferally a the man who seemed to want a fight.

Initiative: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants) +4 Natural Armor, negate 1 crit or sneak attack and end effect)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Enlarged: Str +2 (16/3); Dex -2 (10/0); -1 attacks (+5); -1 AC (20); Axe 1d10+3

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: I wouldn't say we bolted out. We tried to go peacefully, but we didn't try to run.

Marius looks at the assembled criminals and folds his hands in front of him. "Say your piece, we're listening. Keep the threats for gullible, weak or disabled. You know, someone you can credibly threaten and follow up."

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri looked from one group to the other, immediately sensing that they had very little interest in 'talking' per se. Yet, this didn't seem like an assassination attempt. There was no attempt to surprise or ambush. Interesting.

"Well, either you're very confident in your ability to defeat us," the sorceress said, "Or your objective is not necessarily to kill us, but rather to keep us busy."

She pulled her hood back and tossed her head a little, making sure her hair shook out dramatically, and glanced at the rapidly growing dwarf just ahead of her before meeting the eyes of the ruffian who'd spoken first.

"I'll give you exactly one chance. None of you have any idea what you're dealing with here. Whatever you've been told had not prepared you. Whatever you've been offered, it isn't worth it. Leave now. There will not be another warning."

Intimdiate [roll0]

Hagadark looks over the people gathered around them.
"Come now, no need to fight. Say what you have and go on your merry way."

OOC: ready action to drink ironskin if violence errupts.
I agree with Neurotic, we didn't run out. I hoped to get out without a fight. 8 (or so) vs 4 of us (plus Arvana)...we outnumber them 2:1 ;)

[It was flavor text! The reaction wasn't built around an attempt to flee, but it consideried you'd be subtle enough to pass through the doors without triggering a reaction from the goons within. Or at least that's how it went in my mind, after reading your descriptions. Aaanyway, since @Shayuri already tried an intimidation roll, Morgrym is growing and you want to resolve this without violence, let's make it a joint effort: everyone rolls intimidation against their morale. So far, you have a 15.]
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

Neurotic

[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], don't forget +4 from size difference :) (+8 vs halflings)

Marius tips his head toward Mourgryms growing frame. "We can all do that, still wanna fight?"
[roll0]

Remove ads