• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Oddfellows Inn
Night
Round 0

“Aye, but dae we ‘ave time t’ gae pokin’ ‘roun’ aboot this thing when Dram’s got the knowledge roight ‘ere?” he asked Shayuri.”No’ t’ mention we’ll be wadin’ through armies o’ reptiles jus’ t’ get t’ the books an’ sages. More opportunities f’r them t’ get ‘old o’ the bluidy thing.”

Morgrym didn’t much trust Dram, though, either, nor want the Enslaver used, but wasn’t sure they had a choice. He would follow what the others thought best, however.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I agree. If we had time, sure, we could retrace Drams steps. But I'm against anyone sacrificing his soul, however convenient or short-lived it would be. Once you start down that road there is no turning back. Just this one time, it is justified. Just this last one...and again and again and every time there will be lower bar for what is acceptable."
Marius thinks about all the times compromise might really help thinking "...but this is mans soul...it is his to give/sell, true, but...that is necromancy...he knows the risks...he doesn't realise the risks...what if he blackmails us with his knowledge...how could I justify it to myself if I go against my teachings...what to do?! At least the girl has a straightforward task for us."

"Let us see what we can find out in the libraries he pointed us to. If we still need the knowledge on how to get Tideruler or destroy The Enslaver we will return. And deal with his demands as the situation requires. I suggest we ask for the knowledge just in case he is overrun in the meantime. He may secure it as he sees fit, but it shouldn't be lost on his death."

"Arvana, Shayuri, what do you say about Hagadark joining us. I know you're not in this from the start, but if you'll travel with us, you should have the vote too. Two of us are in agreement, he may be more use than hindrance even if he works for Dram. Which I'm not really sure."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Night
Round 0

“Fair enough,” Morgrym grunted to Marius. He ordered another round of drinks. “We can leave after I put me axe in this half-orc.” He looked over at Hagadark. “Not you. The pimp.”

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
"Arvana, Shayuri, what do you say about Hagadark joining us. I know you're not in this from the start, but if you'll travel with us, you should have the vote too. Two of us are in agreement, he may be more use than hindrance even if he works for Dram. Which I'm not really sure."

"I'm in favor." - Arvana comes forward. "Hagadark might be our only way out of here. Besides, he seems far more lucid than most orcs. Might even persuade them to aid us against the saurians, or across the lands." - she says, laying back on her chair and raising a foot to the table.

As the companions debate, another peculiar group enters. They blend well into the environment, except for one detail: they glance directly at the five arrivals, studying them calmly as they enter. The group is composed by shifty-looking dwarf and two halflings in disarray. They go to a table right by the side of the door, order a piece of bread and wait, occasionally glancing at the five heroes. One of the halflings opens the adjacent window, granting them full view of the outside area in front of the building.

It doesn't take long for the five to realize the arrivals are loaded, with daggers and pouches, and that they've seen the gritty side of life.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Night
Round 0

“Seems we’ve attracted some attention,” Morgrym murmured to the others, using his mug of ale as cover. His eyes glanced over at the shifty lot that had just arrived. “Bah. Daggers,” he snorted dismissively, fondling his axe.

“Ye recognize ‘em?” Morgrym asked Adelia.

Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared

Hagadark approaches the group "That was strange." he nods his head toward the exit where the gnomes have gone.
"And I think there is trouble brewing...those guys are not taking their eyes off you. I hope you had your conversation, I don't think we'll be welcome here much longer. And I may have contributed to that. Apologies, it was not my intent."
He considers the group.
"I may have something that could interest Dram enough to tell us what we need to know. If the worst comes to worst, I can ask ancient orc spirits...but it may come at hard price, they are bloodthirsty bunch. This may not be the best time for such divination."

Archon Basileus

First Post
"And I think there is trouble brewing...those guys are not taking their eyes off you. I hope you had your conversation, I don't think we'll be welcome here much longer. And I may have contributed to that. Apologies, it was not my intent."

"Never seen a gnome flip out like that..." - Arvana says, seemingly amused. "Either way, those guys aren't militias. I'm thinking Dram. Or your brothel owner..." - she nods towards Adelia.

"I may have something that could interest Dram enough to tell us what we need to know. If the worst comes to worst, I can ask ancient orc spirits...but it may come at hard price, they are bloodthirsty bunch. This may not be the best time for such divination."

Arvana rises her eyes to the orc, hopeful.

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri glances at the newcomers and nods.

"I think we've about worn out our welcome here. I suggest we leave, deal with whoever tries to follow us, then find a less conspicuous place to rest before setting our plans into motion. And it might be worth leaving through something other than the front door. Unless they're incredibly bad at this, I suspect we were meant to see those men."

Hagadark harrumphs thinking it over.
"If I planted the men that visible, I'd expect the targets to bolt. And back door would be covered with more ranged power than the front. In front, they need to be seen and intimidating. Thus, if we just walk over them they have a choice of acting immediately in front of everyone. Or moving aside - which may make them even more angry, but we're getting off safely. That said, I don't mind playing intimidation game with them. I think our monk found some support too. And they may not expect casters among us."

He looks over the party "I recently learned how to share my extracts. I can protect three of us by ironskin. It will be only thing I can do until tomorrow. But it will make us hard to kill especially in surprise scenarios as it can negate assassins hit. I can heighten our awareness or increase the size of some of all of us. But not both. Imagine the effect of three ogre-sized warriors advancing on the group if they become hostile." he smiles

OOC: Ironskin gives +4 natural AC and can negate one critical or sneak attack (but it ends the effect)

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The Oddfellows are not conceived to hold out invaders, as the companions soon realize. Dwarven constructions have a tendency of hiding spots and concealing paths, though, and this might be the case here. As the debate goes on, though, it becomes clear that the arrivals understand the companions' intentions. Through the window, the companions get to see a halfling leave right after communicating with the watchers inside. If the group takes much longer, they might make it impossible for them to escape.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads